Author Topic: Herd +7  (Read 755 times)

Offline luvherd

Herd +7
« on: September 20, 2021, 07:06:34 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just dropped $50 on the Herd in Vegas.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

HerdFans.com

Herd +7
    « on: September 20, 2021, 07:06:34 PM »

Offline MUther

Re: Herd +7
    « Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 07:27:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Hope you kissed it goodbye before you bought your voucher.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

Offline muherd34

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 07:37:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I lol'd

The following users thanked this post: MUther

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 07:56:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just dropped $50 on the Herd in Vegas.

I personally think we're going to beat Appy State if we don't turn the ball over..

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Herdmeister, go1970herd, coalherd

Offline herd2win

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 08:26:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I put a C note on the Herd to win over 8 games a couple of weeks ago when I was in Vegas.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 09:17:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I personally think we're going to beat Appy State if we don't turn the ball over..

What have you seen during the first three games to make you think we will all of a sudden start taking care of the football? I agree with your statement, but curious as to why you think anything will change in 5 days time.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 10:15:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• What have you seen during the first three games to make you think we will all of a sudden start taking care of the football? I agree with your statement, but curious as to why you think anything will change in 5 days time.

Just trying to put a positive spin on this..Hopefully, Grant want throw into  coverage the way he has been and we will take care of the football.. It's a mental approach
    working on fundamentals that needs to be repetitive until we cut down drastically on mistakes..

The following users thanked this post: chris88, herdfan129

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 07:15:07 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I personally think we're going to beat Appy State if we don't turn the ball over..

If I didn't feel the same I would eat my App tickets and stay home. I will be there!
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, parshall2marshall, whf, The E-Man, coalherd

Offline MUther

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 06:37:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Just trying to put a positive spin on this..Hopefully, Grant want throw into  coverage the way he has been and we will take care of the football.. It's a mental approach
    working on fundamentals that needs to be repetitive until we cut down drastically on mistakes..

Our first series is gonna be three deep balls to the endzone, 2 of which will be into double coverage, and a punt, if not intercepted first.   All 3 will be overthrown.  Anyone want to take odds on that?  Cramsey can't resist the early shots downfield and Wells isn't ready to make them till halfway through the 2nd quarter. 

Last year when we were winning, Wells ran the ball early and got smacked and came out throwing like a champ.  Even the announcers mentioned that some guys gotta get hit before they wake up.  He stopped doing that along the way.  I'd like to see him get the adrenaline rush.   He plays better amped up.  Set him up on a run like 2nd down.  That one run play we do where he fakes the handoff and goes the other way, like Cato used to do, is always good for a touchdown or two.  I wonder why we don't do that at midfield sometimes.  Cato used to do it a lot.  It's very effective and make the secondary have to respect his wheels.  I haven't even seen our QBs run effectively to the point they have to slide since Cato.  We used to see that all the time.
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 06:46:39 AM by MUther »

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 10:38:10 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • I hope Cramsey keeps calling it 95% like he has so far this year. I hope Wells keeps taking the shots downfield, just make a couple different decisions throughout the game. This offense is very good and extremely exciting to watch. I've been wanting this for a decade.

We are close to being a very good team. Hopefully Huff and Wells can grow together and become great. A couple of players and just a bit better coaching/decisions and we are there. Huff has them motivated more than Doc ever did.

I don't see us beating Appy if both teams play their best. But mistakes happen and hopefully they make more than us.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 10:52:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our first series is gonna be three deep balls to the endzone, 2 of which will be into double coverage, and a punt, if not intercepted first.   All 3 will be overthrown.  Anyone want to take odds on that? 

Yes.  I will bet you as much money as you want to bet that this will not be how we open up the game. 

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

Offline svherd

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 11:01:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hell, just run Gaines in the wildcat the whole game.

Sadly, App 31 Herds 10.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 11:01:54 AM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2021, 11:09:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope Cramsey keeps calling it 95% like he has so far this year. I hope Wells keeps taking the shots downfield, just make a couple different decisions throughout the game. This offense is very good and extremely exciting to watch. I've been wanting this for a decade.

We are close to being a very good team. Hopefully Huff and Wells can grow together and become great. A couple of players and just a bit better coaching/decisions and we are there. Huff has them motivated more than Doc ever did.

I don't see us beating Appy if both teams play their best. But mistakes happen and hopefully they make more than us.

I agree. Play calling is great but we just need better decision making. Wells needs to realize it's ok to just throw the ball away sometimes. How many times has he actually just thrown the ball away cause nothing was there?
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2021, 11:14:42 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hell, just run Gaines in the wildcat the whole game.

Sadly, App 31 Herds 10.

Wells is hitting over 66% of his throws and is 3rd in the nation in YPG.  He's one of 3 Marshall QBs to ever throw for 300+ yards in three straight games.

If you want to take dump on the D, I get that.  I don't understand why Wells is getting heat.  This smells of our fans not realizing Byron was good until it was obvious and making Cato prove it. 

Wells is a potential unit and only some of us see it.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, The E-Man

Offline svherd

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 12:21:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wells is hitting over 66% of his throws and is 3rd in the nation in YPG.  He's one of 3 Marshall QBs to ever throw for 300+ yards in three straight games.

If you want to take dump on the D, I get that.  I don't understand why Wells is getting heat.  This smells of our fans not realizing Byron was good until it was obvious and making Cato prove it. 

Wells is a potential unit and only some of us see it.

I was kidding about Gaines - in response to those saying Wells can't get it done. I am more than fine with Grant. Yep, if we need to be concerned, its our swiss cheese secondary. Those guys really need to tighten up coverage. jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline luvherd

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 11:13:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Hated that we lost but MONEY. I always bet the Herd.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 11:14:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hated that we lost but MONEY. I always bet the Herd.

I kept hearing after that first drive how it was going to get ugly and we were going to get blown out.

The following users thanked this post: goherd73, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 11:14:09 PM »