Author Topic: Handlogten Committed  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Handlogten Committed
« on: September 21, 2021, 04:08:01 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • The 7-0 senior is on board. Those of you that attended practice Friday certainly helped

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

Handlogten Committed
    « on: September 21, 2021, 04:08:01 PM »

Offline marshallmark

Re: Handlogten Committed
    « Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 04:15:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Danny's goal is to have a PG and four 7 footers at the other positions.   ;D
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: pembrook burrows III, Toro Toro Taxi

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 04:16:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • « Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 04:20:11 PM by Toro Toro Taxi »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2021, 04:23:26 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just watched his film:

Positives: Runs the floor extremely well for someone his size and has a BEAUTIFUL outside shot for someone his size. He will definitely thrive in our offensive system.

Negatives: Weak as a newborn kitten and his vertical leap is pretty much non-existent.

Good news: The negatives are all things that can be improved with hard work and development. His positives are things that can't really be taught. Overall I think this is a really good pick up, but definitely someone who will need to spend a few years in the weight room before being a serious contributor.

Keep in mind, the film I watched is old, so it's possible a lot of these things have already been improved over the last year.

It appears to me, this is a kid who grew up playing a 1-3 position and then hit a massive growth spurt. Grew a ton all at once and he isn't used to his body yet, but he has the ball handling and stroke of a guard which is really impressive.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2021, 04:58:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will be perfect for this system. Can really run and extremely athletic for that size and can shoot the 3. The staff the last couple years have really done a good job at finding kids that have skill with size and just need some weights or have been kind of hid for whatever reason.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, scope58

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 07:08:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will be perfect for this system. Can really run and extremely athletic for that size and can shoot the 3. The staff the last couple years have really done a good job at finding kids that have skill with size and just need some weights or have been kind of hid for whatever reason.

None of the big guys have found the weight room, yet.  Maybe the signs are all too low on the walls. 

The following users thanked this post: SouthernHerd, svherd, andy31, coalherd

Offline coalherd

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 07:25:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The 7-0 senior is on board. Those of you that attended practice Friday certainly helped

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

is he the recruit who will be in the class of 2022?  Hopefully by the time he arrives on campus let's hope he has packed on about 20# or so of muscle, bulk, etc..  Need someone his size who is capable of banging, clearing out, boxing out, etc., in the paint when needed.  Under Danny, we'll always never be lacking in enough "stick figure" front line players!

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 08:01:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to reports, Obinna has hit the weight room and put on 15-20 pounds.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 08:03:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to reports, Obinna has hit the weight room and put on 15-20 pounds.

It was noticeable Obinna had been hitting the weights hard. I asked and was told he out on 18 pounds.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2021, 08:07:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was noticeable Obinna had been hitting the weights hard. I asked and was told he out on 18 pounds.

That?s great to hear. Hopefully Early lost 15-20 pounds too. If that happened then I would consider it a successful offseason for them.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, coalherd

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2021, 08:47:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That?s great to hear. Hopefully Early lost 15-20 pounds too. If that happened then I would consider it a successful offseason for them.

Last I heard Early had lost 13.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, coalherd, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 02:18:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Next thing we need to know is the caliber of the competition he plays against.  According to a recent article by Chuckie, he played (plays) for a Christian Academy/school down in NC. Do they play in a private league?  Against smaller public high schools?  Intermediate sized or larger high schools?

Caliber of competition often has a lot to do with the quality of the player himself, IMO.  Remember that Sarenec played at some type of private school, maybe in the same kind of league up there in New England or thereabouts.  And that a lot on here back in his freshman year thought he was going to be the "real deal".  Still waiting.  Goran also played at the same school; hopefully, he continues to progress and gives us some real quality minutes consistently on our front line this season.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 02:18:10 AM »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2021, 07:36:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Next thing we need to know is the caliber of the competition he plays against.  According to a recent article by Chuckie, he played (plays) for a Christian Academy/school down in NC. Do they play in a private league?  Against smaller public high schools?  Intermediate sized or larger high schools?

Caliber of competition often has a lot to do with the quality of the player himself, IMO.  Remember that Sarenec played at some type of private school, maybe in the same kind of league up there in New England or thereabouts.  And that a lot on here back in his freshman year thought he was going to be the "real deal".  Still waiting.  Goran also played at the same school; hopefully, he continues to progress and gives us some real quality minutes consistently on our front line this season.

I know they played and nearly beat Providence Day last year. PD has always had great basketball
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online svherd

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2021, 08:06:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He'll need to put on a bunch of weight/muscle and improve his leaping skills or opponents will easily move him around the lane and court. His dad is a great guy, I am glad to have him.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline goherd24

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 08:40:48 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • 7 foot 190 pounds.

He just needs 50 pounds of muscle

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 08:43:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hes like most HS boys , stick thin, cant gain weight , add the fact that hes 7 foot tall , well , that just amplifies things . I dont look for him to ever be some type of in the paint bruiser though , it doesnt look like his game , currently.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2021, 08:52:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hes like most HS boys , stick thin, cant gain weight , add the fact that hes 7 foot tall , well , that just amplifies things . I dont look for him to ever be some type of in the paint bruiser though , it doesnt look like his game , currently.

And as you know we don?t play with the big bruiser if Danny runs his true offense. Much better having a big that can step out and hit the 3 and open up the lanes. Also needs to run pick and roll well. Floor spacing and skill are what makes this offense click.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, horsrman, herdfan129, Toro Toro Taxi

Online svherd

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2021, 09:13:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Agree but some extra weight and muscle will help him endure a long college season and withstand some rugged play in the lane. jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, Toro Toro Taxi

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 09:54:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree but some extra weight and muscle will help him endure a long college season and withstand some rugged play in the lane. jmo

Oh gosh I know that , theyd brake him in two right now . As skinny as he is now , he could easily gain 50lbs and not lose any mobility or quickness imo.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline MUonium

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 10:18:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • obviously the roster could change in a year, but by my estimation this commit, if signed, brings the 2022 scholarship count to 13.  Jaden Daughtry
    is the only other offer i currently know about.  what say you guys that know way more than i do?

Andrew Taylor
    Jeremy Dillon
    Marko Sarenac
    Goran Miladinovic
    Devin Collins
    Obinna Anochili-Killen
    David Early
    C. J. Meredith
    Kyle Braun
    Wyatt Fricks
    Chase McKey
    Creighton Thieneman
    Aymeric Toussaint
    Jacob Conner
    Micah Handlogten

Online svherd

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2021, 10:25:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?ll give Dillon and Marko credit for sticking it out. At least they got a free education.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2021, 11:12:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • obviously the roster could change in a year, but by my estimation this commit, if signed, brings the 2022 scholarship count to 13.  Jaden Daughtry
    is the only other offer i currently know about.  what say you guys that know way more than i do?

Andrew Taylor
    Jeremy Dillon
    Marko Sarenac
    Goran Miladinovic
    Devin Collins
    Obinna Anochili-Killen
    David Early
    C. J. Meredith
    Kyle Braun
    Wyatt Fricks
    Chase McKey
    Creighton Thieneman
    Aymeric Toussaint
    Jacob Conner
    Micah Handlogten

Well I dont know any more than you do but Herdmeister wrote this a couple days ago.
    IF we get him,(Micah) our recruiting for the class of 22 is over. Of course the portal could change that. He is already on 2 heavily for the class of 23. A 6-0 pure PG and a 6-10 forward.

This is the 6-0 PG MU has offered for 23'
    https://twitter.com/MatthewFoor2/status/1436084934515568644?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1436084934515568644%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpublish.twitter.com%2F%3Fquery%3Dhttps3A2F2Ftwitter.com2FMatthewFoor22Fstatus2F1436084934515568644widget%3DTweet
    « Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 11:23:19 AM by Toro Toro Taxi »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2021, 11:12:52 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2021, 01:03:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, herdfan129

Online svherd

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2021, 01:12:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I messaged Ben, his father. He said the family was very pleased with the decision and excited to be a part of the Herd family.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2021, 01:14:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very happy to get this kid. I think he has the potential to be big time for us. Not many 7 footers who can put the ball on the floor and has a sweet stroke from outside.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, horsrman, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2021, 01:14:35 PM »