Author Topic: Now is the time for C-USA to make a bold statement about stepping up budgets  (Read 1278 times)

Offline HoPPy785

Re: Now is the time for C-USA to make a bold statement about stepping up budgets
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2021, 05:21:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • SBC poster that usually has pretty good information is sharing that WKU making a hard pitch to get back into the SBC, so this is not a Marshall only interest.

It's likey an everyone interest. Unlike some posters, schools are terrified of being left behind in what's left of CUSA. It will be the WORST conference.

HerdFans.com

Re: Now is the time for C-USA to make a bold statement about stepping up budgets
    « Reply #75 on: September 22, 2021, 05:21:23 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2021, 05:31:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's likey an everyone interest. Unlike some posters, schools are terrified of being left behind in what's left of CUSA. It will be the WORST conference.

Like I said, bring them with us or he?ll NO!!!! Would love for WKU, ODU, S Miss, UAB. At least 2 of them.

Offline herdorbust

Re: Now is the time for C-USA to make a bolt statement about stepping up budgets
    « Reply #77 on: September 22, 2021, 05:34:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll ask again....

Are you going to the following games or staying home bust?

Bluefield
    Milligan
    Louisiana

I don?t understand the question? Why those three games. If you are asking if I will go and watch a full season of those type games then the answer is NO. Matter of fact, I don?t know if I will go watch Milligan or Bluefield. Depends if I have anything to do. Those 2 don?t interest me. But I won?t watch a full conference schedule of misfits that brings zero basketball reputation at all.

Offline herdfan129

Re: Now is the time for C-USA to make a bolt statement about stepping up budgets
    « Reply #78 on: September 22, 2021, 05:41:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I don?t understand the question? Why those three games. If you are asking if I will go and watch a full season of those type games then the answer is NO. Matter of fact, I don?t know if I will go watch Milligan or Bluefield. Depends if I have anything to do. Those 2 don?t interest me. But I won?t watch a full conference schedule of misfits that brings zero basketball reputation at all.

LOL....but you will go watch practice. Hilarious.

I'll buy you a beer for the first time we play App St at home in a SBC basketball game.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2021, 05:46:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• LOL....but you will go watch practice. Hilarious.

I'll buy you a beer for the first time we play App St at home in a SBC basketball game.

I would much rather watch practice than play Arlington or Monroe.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2021, 05:50:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CUSA: 1 bid conference.
    Sun Belt: 1 bid conference.

What do we lose?
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2021, 05:56:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

What do we lose?

Honestly, according to Bust, we should dominate the terrible SBC and go to the tournament every year. We can be the Gonzaga of the SBC. Not sure what's so bad about that.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2021, 05:58:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

What do we lose?

Nothing at the end of the year. But do the games during the season not matter? Why don?t we just play  eastern Michigan and I?ll moneoe type teams every game in football? Going to the same bowls anyway. Would people be upset at that schedule? Don?t understand why season ticket games have no importance?

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2021, 05:59:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Honestly, according to Bust, we should dominate the terrible SBC and go to the tournament every year. We can be the Gonzaga of the SBC. Not sure what's so bad about that.

Well I hope they do. But I won?t be there to see it. I hope you enjoy, I really do.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2021, 07:10:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Like I said, bring them with us or he?ll NO!!!! Would love for WKU, ODU, S Miss, UAB. At least 2 of them.

We won't go alone. Southern is probably already onboard and Marshall and ODU have been rumored to be partners in this so odds are they go. The 4th could be JMU or it could be WKU if they are expressing interest.

Marshall
    App State
    Coastal
    WKU
    ODU
    GA State
    GA Southern

Sign me up for that.

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96, SuperAnjario

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2021, 07:17:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We won't go alone. Southern is probably already onboard and Marshall and ODU have been rumored to be partners in this so odds are they go. The 4th could be JMU or it could be WKU if they are expressing interest.

Marshall
    App State
    Coastal
    WKU
    ODU
    GA State
    GA Southern

Sign me up for that.

Rumor on the SBC board says that WKU pitched their case a week ago to the SBC.

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rumor on the SBC board says that WKU pitched their case a week ago to the SBC.

Bust better not spend away that season ticket money just yet.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2021, 07:19:50 PM »

Online Thundering In MD

« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2021, 07:24:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Even if you spend more money on Turd polish, it?s still a Turd.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2021, 07:25:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust better not spend away that season ticket money just yet.

Oh I?ll wait and see if we bring some names with us. If not I am over and out.

Offline puma

« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2021, 07:31:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We won't go alone. Southern is probably already onboard and Marshall and ODU have been rumored to be partners in this so odds are they go. The 4th could be JMU or it could be WKU if they are expressing interest.

Marshall
    App State
    Coastal
    WKU
    ODU
    GA State
    GA Southern

Sign me up for that.

The JMU coach had an interesting comment on Twitter yesterday suggesting something is going on:

"I like the way it's shaping up right now and we'll see as it goes whether the numbers stay at the FCS number or whether we're pumping the numbers up because something else is happening."

Moving up to FBS would be consistent with a lot of the smoke out there.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2021, 07:35:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Marshall
    App State
    Coastal
    WKU
    ODU
    GA State
    GA Southern

Sign me up for that.

I could live with ODU, S Miss and JMU/WKU

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2021, 08:03:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The JMU coach had an interesting comment on Twitter yesterday suggesting something is going on:

"I like the way it's shaping up right now and we'll see as it goes whether the numbers stay at the FCS number or whether we're pumping the numbers up because something else is happening."

Moving up to FBS would be consistent with a lot of the smoke out there.

If the right teams step up, maybe they go 16 teams. Seems likely but who knows.

Online GreenDaddy

« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2021, 08:27:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I could live with ODU, S Miss and JMU/WKU

Bust, you love Marshall just as much as anyone else. Even if we switched conferences I think your heart would bring you back to the basketball games. A true herd fan through and through.

Btw, I personally believe we end up in the SBC with 3 out of the 4 teams you referenced above. Marshall and JMU to the East would please App State, and WKU and Southern Miss would please the West schools while boosting basketball.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2021, 09:03:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust, you love Marshall just as much as anyone else. Even if we switched conferences I think your heart would bring you back to the basketball games. A true herd fan through and through.

Btw, I personally believe we end up in the SBC with 3 out of the 4 teams you referenced above. Marshall and JMU to the East would please App State, and WKU and Southern Miss would please the West schools while boosting basketball.

Agreed, but I think ODU would get in over JMU....and rightfully so.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2021, 05:55:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust, you love Marshall just as much as anyone else. Even if we switched conferences I think your heart would bring you back to the basketball games. A true herd fan through and through.

Like I said if those teams go then I?m all in. If it?s just us then I?m done.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2021, 08:29:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I said if those teams go then I?m all in. If it?s just us then I?m done.

Yeah.....until we go on a nice run and make multiple NCAAT appearances lol

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2021, 09:42:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah.....until we go on a nice run and make multiple NCAAT appearances lol

And I?ll watch every minute of that ncaa run. But wouldn?t have any desire to watch that sunbelt junk as it stands now.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2021, 09:42:33 AM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2021, 09:56:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I don?t understand the question? Why those three games. If you are asking if I will go and watch a full season of those type games then the answer is NO. Matter of fact, I don?t know if I will go watch Milligan or Bluefield. Depends if I have anything to do. Those 2 don?t interest me. But I won?t watch a full conference schedule of misfits that brings zero basketball reputation at all.

I think I agree that CUSA>SBC in basketball...but the CUSA doesn't really have a good rep in bball anyway. The past few seasons the SoCon has a better rep than either.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2021, 09:56:12 AM »