Author Topic: One writer says Marshall should be 1st AAC pick  (Read 524 times)

Offline Lewis278

One writer says Marshall should be 1st AAC pick
« on: September 22, 2021, 09:37:08 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Underdogdynasty.com isn't often kind to Marshall, But one writer feels they are the best team for the AAC.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021/9/22/22677885/the-answer-to-aac-realignment-lies-in-drakes-lyrics-college-football-cfb

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

One writer says Marshall should be 1st AAC pick
    « on: September 22, 2021, 09:37:08 PM »

Offline whf

Re: One writer says Marshall should be 1st AAC pick
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 10:10:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with him, but it will only happen if Huntington can help overcome its own stigma from 15 years past...

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 10:42:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with him, but it will only happen if Huntington can help overcome its own stigma from 15 years past...

Post from an Auburn fan on the CUSA message board. He was traveling to Penn State game and stopped in Huntington......

Just wanted to say that I passed through Huntington this past Friday on my way to Morgantown (and then State College). I really wish that going to the game would work out but the only way to do 2 games on Saturday was VT @ WVU and then Auburn @ Penn State.

Anyway, stopped for lunch at Frostop and then went around the campus and downtown. I have to say that Huntington was much more impressive than I thought it would be. The downtown in particular was awesome. And the shake I got at Frostop was one of the best ever.

That's all, just wanted to piggy back off this thread.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, whf

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 10:50:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Underdogdynasty.com isn't often kind to Marshall, But one writer feels they are the best team for the AAC.

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021/9/22/22677885/the-answer-to-aac-realignment-lies-in-drakes-lyrics-college-football-cfb

The writer of this article has been complimentary of Marshall before and came to a game or two last season. She is going to be in Boone tonight and for some reason went through Huntington yesterday before heading to Boone today 

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 10:51:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I think Htown wasn't as big of a problem as some might think. Taking Props and poor academic perception were bigger problems.

We have apparently stopped taking Props and we are now Carnegie R2 which is impressive to other schools.
    « Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 10:58:31 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdfan129

Online SuperAnjario

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 11:11:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Htown wasn't as big of a problem as some might think. Taking Props and poor academic perception were bigger problems.

We have apparently stopped taking Props and we are now Carnegie R2 which is impressive to other schools.

We haven't stopped taking props.  There basically were no props due to Covid.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline wesnky

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 11:58:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure you should put much credence into this article.  This statement from the author shows how much research she did.

"Plus, they sell out home games and they have a significant social media presence"

When was the last time the Herd sold out the Joan,  years ago, and she has only been sold out a few times since capacity was increased.
    I think the author may have just been filling space.

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 12:10:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure you should put much credence into this article.  This statement from the author shows how much research she did.

"Plus, they sell out home games and they have a significant social media presence"

When was the last time the Herd sold out the Joan,  years ago, and she has only been sold out a few times since capacity was increased.
    I think the author may have just been filling space.

Agreed.

I also wouldn't say she said Marshall should be the 1st ACC pick.  She mentioned at least seven separate teams that were ACC candidates without any extensive discussion of their relative merits.

Actually, she wrote more about her own juvenile soccer team experiences than she did all the football teams combined.  An absolute self-adsorbed vanity piece that qualifies her to replace Chucky when he retires.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 12:10:32 PM »