Author Topic: Game thread: Marshall @ App State  (Read 3279 times)

Online mu79grad

Re: Game thread: Marshall @ App State
« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2021, 11:27:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys can gripe about Doc all you want (and yes I would get aggravated with the offense at times to, but his teams were fundamentally sound on defense and wrapped up when tackling. The defense looks like Swiss cheese now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you would look at Doc's early teams, you can't say his teams wrapped up and tackled well.  However, later that was the case.  I'm hoping it will be the same for Huff's teams as well.  No doubt, the missed tackles are hurting this team greatly!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2021, 11:27:48 PM »

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #326 on: September 23, 2021, 11:29:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you would look at Doc's early teams, you can't say his teams wrapped up and tackled well.  However, later that was the case.  I'm hoping it will be the same for Huff's teams as well.  No doubt, the missed tackles are hurting this team greatly!
    I?ll agree after Rippon was gone the defense greatly improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline coalherd

« Reply #327 on: September 23, 2021, 11:37:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Time of possession favored ASU 15+ minutes which means our D was out there WAY TOO LONG!  Had around 18 more first downs than MU.  If we had a couple more first downs at end of first half they possibly wouldn't have gotten the ball back (and scored).  Huff needs to learn when to ease off of the pedal, play the clock/time management game at key times in the game!  Play to WIN.  Hell, we can play fast paced in basketball and score quickly, but if we can't stop the other team from scoring, and they score one more point, its a loss.  101-100 is a loss same as 50-49.  First may be more entertaining, but still a loss. 

Same basis for loss as last week, Questionable clock management, play calling, and missed key field goal.  Plus D on the field way too much (they share some of the blame; if they would have tackled better and gotten stops they wouldn't have been out there so long).
    « Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 11:43:42 PM by coalherd »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Banshee

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #328 on: September 23, 2021, 11:46:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ah, *_+!.

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #329 on: September 23, 2021, 11:54:22 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well in 4th Quarter crunch time in last 2 games, we've been outscored 27 to ZIP.  Tan Man would say, "got to get that fixed"!  We'll see what Huff has to say about that situation.

No doubt.  No doubt.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #329 on: September 23, 2021, 11:54:22 PM »