Author Topic: #FireCramsey  (Read 893 times)

Offline herdfan129

#FireCramsey
« on: September 23, 2021, 11:07:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • It wasn't Doc....Cramsey SUCKS.

He has no idea how to manage the flow of a game or call plays based on situations or the flow of the game.

Two weeks in a row we were the better team and lost.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, coalherd

HerdFans.com

#FireCramsey
    « on: September 23, 2021, 11:07:10 PM »

Offline Scottyo614

Re: #FireCramsey
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 11:09:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FireGuidry is the real cause

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, herd1990, parshall2marshall, Johns1124, SuperAnjario

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 11:11:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Disagree....you can thank Doc and Lambert for recruiting terrible DBs.

We will never get to where we want to go with Cramsey calling the offense.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:15:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Need to score TDs. Can't keep kicking field goals. Moving the ball all over the field.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 11:39:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Disagree....you can thank Doc and Lambert for recruiting terrible DBs.

We will never get to where we want to go with Cramsey calling the offense.

We get dinked and dunked on LBs. Coach them up. Our LBs look terrible in coverage. On the DB side  #2 and #4 should be more active. But #6 is so bad. I guess that?s Doc and Lambert are at fault? This staff brought them. Play em over them. Sure couldn?t hurt?

Offline pdunn

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 11:43:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Yes. 

The last two games have given the blueprint for every team in CUSA to beat us.  Just dink and dunk us and get our defense gassed.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline herd2win

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 06:21:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Defense is an issue and this could be caused by our fast paced offense.  Same guys were way better under Lambert than they are now.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 06:44:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Defense is an issue and this could be caused by our fast paced offense.  Same guys were way better under Lambert than they are now.

Or maybe just wait and let him get more depth and still run his system? Or we could do like Doc and get boring and still lose to Rice and Charlotte? That would be a blast!!!!

The following users thanked this post: go1970herd, MicDrass1, herdfan129

Offline puma

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 06:50:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I feel like we've needed a better secondary for a few years now.

That being said, the guys were out there for close to 40 minutes against a solid opponent with a very good passing game. If the offense was able to score one more time, it would have been a win. These fast drives that result in 0 or 3 points are putting the D in a bad situation over and over again.

My biggest issue last night was how the D completely failed numerous times against an up-tempo opponent. There were several critical points where the line didn't get set before the snap, as well as that stupid 13 players on the field penalty. You'd think they'd be used to this sort of stuff given who they scrimmage against. But apparently not.

I like what Cramsey and Huff are doing but I'm starting to worry that we just don't have the personnel for it this season.

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 06:52:11 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff or Cramsey needs to learn situational awareness. When we got the ball back with 3:30 left in the 2nd quarter and knowing that they get the ball in 2nd half I would have run it to start rolling the clock. Instead we throw an incompletion, run, and then throw another incompletion, punt. Hardly anytime ran off the clock, and they punched it in. Sometimes we need to hang onto the ball and stop doing tempo. Imo, it would have prevented losses the last 2 weeks.

The following users thanked this post: DallasGreen, HerdEcon, coalherd, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 08:35:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff or Cramsey needs to learn situational awareness. When we got the ball back with 3:30 left in the 2nd quarter and knowing that they get the ball in 2nd half I would have run it to start rolling the clock. Instead we throw an incompletion, run, and then throw another incompletion, punt. Hardly anytime ran off the clock, and they punched it in. Sometimes we need to hang onto the ball and stop doing tempo. Imo, it would have prevented losses the last 2 weeks.

YESSS....even more so, should have realized our defense was just on the field for 15 plays....followed by us returning a kickoff for a TD and then another drive. It was a wonder we even got a stop. So our defense was already GASSED at that point.

Common sense says hey, lets run the ball a few times here, chew some clock, just try to pick up a first down so our defense gets a longer break.

These are the reasons Cramsey needs fired. I almost feel like he doesn't even care about the team and only cares about looking good (stats wise) himself.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 08:40:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have no idea how any of these coaches got this far in life. It?s obvious they have no clue what they are doing. I mean a better hire could have come from this message board at a much cheaper price. Marshall university should be held accountable for wasting all this money.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 08:40:47 AM »

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 08:50:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have no idea how any of these coaches got this far in life. It?s obvious they have no clue what they are doing. I mean a better hire could have come from this message board at a much cheaper price. Marshall university should be held accountable for wasting all this money.

Listen, we all have opinions but Cramsey was the one Doc staffer that I did not want to see retained. I came to that conclusion when our very own Clint Van Horn came on this message board and told us Cramsey screwed the pooch playing calling last year. Also went as far as saying Bill Legg would call him under the table.

Coach Huff is the right hire and I have no doubt he will be successful here, but like any rookie head coach it will be a bit of a learning curve. I would tell Cramsey bye at the end of the season and move Legg back to OC.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 08:53:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Bust, I agree that we need to let things play out. But, there are concerns that the coaches need to look at. Some of the things people are talking about relate directly to the coaching staff now. Some go back to the previous coaching staff. There is one thing I feel that is a certainty. High powered offenses get more attention. People will watch. But, you have to start winning some of those games or you will just have hard core fans supporting the team. Entertaining or not, people want to see and support a winner. Had we won these last two games and beat MTSU, our next home game would probably have a great crowd. 5-0 will draw more fans than 3-2, if we win at MTSU (I think we will). I am seeing the same thing in basketball. The uptempo offense drew a lot of eyes once it got going. But, things have settled into about 5000 hard core fans and a few stragglers. It goes back to winning games out of the conference against decent competition. The jury is still out for our football team. We need to let all the evidence be weighed before making rash decisions.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2021, 09:00:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The same way Doc did....guessing you think no one should have criticized Doc either?

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 09:01:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Listen, we all have opinions but Cramsey was the one Doc staffer that I did not want to see retained. I came to that conclusion when our very own Clint Van Horn came on this message board and told us Cramsey screwed the pooch playing calling last year. Also went as far as saying Bill Legg would call him under the table.

Coach Huff is the right hire and I have no doubt he will be successful here, but like any rookie head coach it will be a bit of a learning curve. I would tell Cramsey bye at the end of the season and move Legg back to OC.

Agree about firing Cramsey, but not so sure about Legg. Not saying no, but not all in on him either.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 09:03:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The same way Doc did....guessing you think no one should have criticized Doc either?

After 4 games? Good grief!!! Let the guy build his program and give him a chance. We get it that you would have the team at 4-0.

The following users thanked this post: Herd 90

Offline svherd

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2021, 09:12:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If anyone needs fired it?s the secondary coach. The two losses are on the DB?s

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2021, 09:17:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After 4 games? Good grief!!! Let the guy build his program and give him a chance. We get it that you would have the team at 4-0.

WTF are you talking about? I'm all in on Huff....Cramsey has been here multiple years and has proven that he is NOT the guy we need.

You just have such a weird obsession with me that you can't help yourself.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2021, 09:28:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WTF are you talking about? I'm all in on Huff....Cramsey has been here multiple years and has proven that he is NOT the guy we need.

You just have such a weird obsession with me that you can't help yourself.

Look in the mirror.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2021, 11:19:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Listen, we all have opinions but Cramsey was the one Doc staffer that I did not want to see retained. I came to that conclusion when our very own Clint Van Horn came on this message board and told us Cramsey screwed the pooch playing calling last year. Also went as far as saying Bill Legg would call him under the table.

Are you serious go back to Doc ball? Legg was so predictable as an OC. He would run it on first and a lot of times on second down, that lead to a 3 and long in a lot of situations. That brand of ball was boring as hell..

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2021, 11:26:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you serious go back to Doc ball? Legg was so predictable as an OC. He would run it on first and a lot of times on second down, that lead to a 3 and long in a lot of situations. That brand of ball was boring as hell..

I was just going by 2014 when Doc did not have him handcuffed and Vanhorns endorsement of him. I only said bring him back over because he would be familiar with Grant and the offensive system we are already run for stability. I do not want a different offense because I love the tempo, but would feel better with someone new calling the plays.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2021, 11:26:12 AM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2021, 11:32:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was just going by 2014 when Doc did not have him handcuffed and Vanhorns endorsement of him. I only said bring him back over because he would be familiar with Grant and the offensive system we are already run for stability. I do not want a different offense because I love the tempo, but would feel better with someone new calling the plays.

I like VanHorn and have talked with him a few times on a personal level. VanHorn is naturally going to endorse his former coach and that's ok. For that matter Cato endorsed Doc to remain here as head coach and even said we're making a big mistake letting him go. I'm like you, I want an uptempo offense and so do coach Huff. Let's see how the rest of the year play out with Cramsey before we rush to judgement..
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 11:49:18 AM by The E-Man »

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Herd 90, GreenDaddy, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2021, 11:43:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like VanHorn and have talked with him a few times on a personal level. VanHorn is naturally going to endorse his former coach and that's ok. For that matter Cato endorsed Doc to remain here as head coach and even said we're making a big mistake letting him go. I'm like you, I want an uptempo offense and so do coach Huff. Let's see how the rest of the year play out with Cramsey, before we rush to judgement..

Cramsey has proven he is NOT the guy we need.....I don't think Legg is either though.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2021, 11:49:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Or maybe just wait and let him get more depth and still run his system? Or we could do like Doc and get boring and still lose to Rice and Charlotte? That would be a blast!!!!

Our LB's are run orientated.  I have said this for years ..... we are slow!!  The secondary has been recruit guys at 160lbs 5.9" in height and gte them to 175lbs.  Huff's HS recruited secondary players as juniors in high school are already bigger than our secondary players. The defensive scheme needs adjusted.  We have never been good on defense against an offense with quality rb's and accurate passers.  Not since Snyder played in the old CUSA and did well against Keenum and Chris Johnson.  We could not beat Rice last year.  WE got lucky with Covid and we were peaked at the start of the year last year or would have been sub .500.  Other teams caught up to our conditioning as season went on and we lost. 
    On offense the wr Caleb McMillon needs to play.  He is quick and shifty.  He has done well in his opportunities.  He is good.  Also, use Knowledge inside the 10 fast, big and physical.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2021, 11:49:03 AM »