Author Topic: What we know after Appy  (Read 1812 times)

Offline herdfan129

Re: What we know after Appy
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2021, 08:58:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Winning cusa is a floor expectation and should be for us. It should have always been. Why Doc should have been gone after 2016. Alot of weakness is covered up by mtsu, charlotte, ODU, FIU, UTSA, and the like.

Our defense and conditioning, makes me cringe. Outscored 31-0 in the last 2, 4th quarters.

Just "needing to finish" is a big problem. Right now I don't believe this team could ever win a close game. However, their shouldn't be any close games again this year

.FAU, UAB, and @ North Texas are the only games I'm worried about. The last one is because we rarely play well in Texas.

Either way, next up is MTSU. All of our conference goals are still in front of us. If we win out, finish 11-2 and CUSA champs...I would consider that a very successful first year for Huff.....and this is very possible.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2021, 08:58:08 AM »

Offline Big City

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2021, 08:58:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Winning cusa is a floor expectation and should be for us. It should have always been. Why Doc should have been gone after 2016. Alot of weakness is covered up by mtsu, charlotte, ODU, FIU, UTSA, and the like.

Our defense and conditioning, makes me cringe. Outscored 31-0 in the last 2, 4th quarters.

Just "needing to finish" is a big problem. Right now I don't believe this team could ever win a close game. However, their shouldn't be any close games again this year

You are absolutely correct but playing in front of 38 fans and a bunch of bleachers has me concerned. We all know what goes down at empty sue when marshall plays middle.
    Honestly the defense I think is conditioned. What really is killing the defense is giving up the long ball and all the PI calls. You are a fool if you don?t throw it against this defense and throw it often.
    Feeling any better, btw?
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2021, 09:09:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are absolutely correct but playing in front of 38 fans and a bunch of bleachers has me concerned. We all know what goes down at empty sue when marshall plays middle.
    Honestly the defense I think is conditioned. What really is killing the defense is giving up the long ball and all the PI calls. You are a fool if you don?t throw it against this defense and throw it often.
    Feeling any better, btw?

You are dead in correct. The defense is hurting itself as much or more than the offense. Our backs have never been good the last few years. Luckily we don?t play many quarterbacks that can throw. I?ve always said a good throwing team Will slice us up. I?ll guarantee Huff will recruit better defensive backs than what we have been getting. They killed us last night with penalties and the same habits they have had since they have been here. Then as someone said, they have 3rd and 15 and they run for 17. Better find someone that can cover before we play WKU.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline svherd

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2021, 09:10:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would have kept Lambert. By anyway.

Poor play calling, specifically in the red zone.
    Our secondary is worse than a middle school group. Just atrocious
    Find a reliable kicker.

We should be 4-0.

I hope Huff hits the portal hard next year for some DB?s

I still think we finish 8-4 at worst. We can win CUSA if we get some things taken care of.

What was Appys crowd? About 25K. Their stadium seats 30K I thinks

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2021, 09:19:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would have kept Lambert. By anyway.

Poor play calling, specifically in the red zone.
    Our secondary is worse than a middle school group. Just atrocious
    Find a reliable kicker.

We should be 4-0.

I hope Huff hits the portal hard next year for some DB?s

I still think we finish 8-4 at worst. We can win CUSA if we get some things taken care of.

What was Appys crowd? About 25K. Their stadium seats 30K I thinks

Over 28k last night and I agree about the portal....PLEASE use the portal to get some DBs who can play immediately.

Offline chris88

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2021, 09:39:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/GrantTraylor/status/1441259125271248898?s=20

Not suprising to me.  I went to a game up there in 93-95 yrs. MU was ranked #1 and was beaten by Appy. After game, I was told that if I was an MU fan, he hoped I blew out a tire an wrecked. They tore down the goalposts and carried them over to MU section and chanted"Marshall sucks".  Worse, there were players, in uniform, as part of this group. Several App fans also tried picking fights with MU fans as they left.  As I made my way out of town, they were parading the goalpost down the main street. I was never treated by WVU fans the way I was treated by Appy fans in Boone. To top it off, the furniture expo (?) was in Greensboro area and I couldn't find a hotel. Got back to Va about 3am...long night. In fairness, when I lived in Gsboro I knew lots of App State grads and had many friends among them. I guess, in a way, this is what a rivalry is about to many and why i'd like to see them in an Eastern based league with us.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2021, 09:45:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is ridiculous....not by the App COLLEGE STUDENTS...but ridiculous by this soft culture this country has become. Those kids didn't do anything wrong. Was it necessarily right? No, but this is EXACTLY what I expect from drunk college kids who are passionate college football fans.

I WISH that ANYONE in this conference had fans passionate enough to do this to us every single week that we lose. Let's not pretend like they were throwing things, or hopped the fence etc. They literally stood there and talked **** to our players after they just kicked our ass....GOOD FOR THEM...I LOVE IT!

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2021, 09:52:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How awesome was it to be on ESPN?  Man, we have to be back on ESPN, that's one of the main reasons we are irrelevant in college football at the moment. The ESPN hype machine is real.

agreed.  if you want to be relevant, you've either gotta be a P5 getting games on CBS & Fox, or have a conference deal with ESPN family of networks.  there are zero casual fans picking up their phones at 4pm on a Sat & opening up their facebook app to see who's on facebook live that day.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2021, 09:56:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What I learned from this game is Appy is a good team. Talented across the board and well coached.

We need to tackle better. More missed tackles than I could keep up with.

Grant Wells is a darn good QB. Ali is a special talent and glad he's on our side.
    We are just a couple players from being a very good team. I feel like its coming.

The main thing I've learned even with the last two losses -  Marshall football is fun to watch again.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, chris88, The E-Man, overherd1, herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2021, 09:58:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What I learned from this game is Appy is a good team. Talented across the board and well coached.

We need to tackle better. More missed tackles than I could keep up with.

Grant Wells is a darn good QB. Ali is a special talent and glad he's on our side.
    We are just a couple players from being a very good team. I feel like its coming.

The main thing I've learned even with the last two losses -  Marshall football is fun to watch again.

We get a couple of pieces in place and next year can be a very special year.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2021, 10:34:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I miss Tavante Beckett in the Green and White.

If Wells puts a little air under the ball in the corner of the endzone that would have been 4 more points, but things out there happen so fast at that level and I do not expect perfection. He had a great game.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: sardistim, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline goherd24

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2021, 10:36:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd rather win than be fun to watch.

The following users thanked this post: wlf, coalherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2021, 10:36:17 AM »

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2021, 10:37:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The excitement is back watching Marshall football.

The following users thanked this post: sardistim, parshall2marshall, The E-Man, herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2021, 10:43:39 AM »
  • [Like]-1
  • [Dislike]1

Fire Huff!!!

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2021, 10:56:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Sure but last night's game was a good game. The winning is going to come. Huff needs to get the fanbase excited. Winning 14-3 against CHarlotte wasn't getting the fans excited.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sure but last night's game was a good game. The winning is going to come. Huff needs to get the fanbase excited. Winning 14-3 against CHarlotte wasn't getting the fans excited.

AMEN....Huff is the man!

We are on our way back imo.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2021, 11:14:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • I miss Tavante Beckett in the Green and White.

If Wells puts a little air under the ball in the corner of the endzone that would have been 4 more points, but things out there happen so fast at that level and I do not expect perfection. He had a great game.

Don't forget Darius Hodge exploding off the edge as you have seen him doing it with the Bengals now..

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Offline svherd

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2021, 11:18:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• We get a couple of pieces in place and next year can be a very special year.

Gotta replace three OL, some major pieces on D and get a good kicker. Gaines and Morrell leave as well.

Hope Huff hits the portal hard

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #43 on: September 24, 2021, 12:30:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don?t think there was an option to retain Lambert as DC.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2021, 12:56:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not suprising to me.  I went to a game up there in 93-95 yrs. MU was ranked #1 and was beaten by Appy. After game, I was told that if I was an MU fan, he hoped I blew out a tire an wrecked. They tore down the goalposts and carried them over to MU section and chanted"Marshall sucks".  Worse, there were players, in uniform, as part of this group. Several App fans also tried picking fights with MU fans as they left.  As I made my way out of town, they were parading the goalpost down the main street. I was never treated by WVU fans the way I was treated by Appy fans in Boone. To top it off, the furniture expo (?) was in Greensboro area and I couldn't find a hotel. Got back to Va about 3am...long night. In fairness, when I lived in Gsboro I knew lots of App State grads and had many friends among them. I guess, in a way, this is what a rivalry is about to many and why i'd like to see them in an Eastern based league with us.

Kirk Herbstreit has it on his twitter account. I don't use twitter and I am not expert about it. It looks like a lot of retweets and nearly 180,000 views?

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2021, 01:06:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Kirk Herbstreit has it on his twitter account. I don't use twitter and I am not expert about it. It looks like a lot of retweets and nearly 180,000 views?

I hope we can meet Appy in a bowl game this year.. That's disgusting what some of their fans are doing..

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441240979772612608

https://twitter.com/i/status/1441240054077157385
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:16:18 PM by The E-Man »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2021, 01:08:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, the appy story has hit the national news.

Appalachian State fans under fire for berating Marshall players: 'Pitiful behavior'
    Questionable behavior occurred after Appalachian State's win over Marshall

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/appalachian-state-fans-berating-marshall-players

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2021, 01:08:39 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2021, 01:36:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is one our PLAYERS...spitting on their fans....

https://twitter.com/gonzoapp/status/1441444096279728128?s=21

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2021, 01:46:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Disgusting Appalachian State Fans Yelled & Told Marshall Players They Should Kill Themselves After Game (VIDEO)

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/09/24/disgusting-appalachian-state-fans-yelled-told-marshall-players-they-should-kill-themselves-after-game-video/

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2021, 01:48:20 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is one our PLAYERS...spitting on their fans....

https://twitter.com/gonzoapp/status/1441444096279728128?s=21

It is hard to split at someone when you head is pointed to the ground and the "fans" are standing above you.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2021, 01:48:20 PM »