Author Topic: After the game extracurriculars from some App fans after the game  (Read 640 times)

Offline Herd at Work

• Junior Varsity
  • Still wearin the green- and still winnin
After the game extracurriculars from some App fans after the game
« on: September 24, 2021, 02:23:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Disgraceful, went viral, even the ESPN talking heads got in how bad it was. These " fans" hurt the game and the vile they said and did to our guys just walking off the field should not be allowed anymore ,some of what they said was over the top including how they should kill themselves....etc . I know the rivalry is still deep, but it was wrong. They sounded like USPAM.
    "At Marshall we play for championships"-Bob Pruett

The following users thanked this post: go1970herd, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

After the game extracurriculars from some App fans after the game
    « on: September 24, 2021, 02:23:49 PM »

Offline herdfan129

Re: After the game extracurriculars from some App fans after the game
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 03:37:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • OH PLEASE....it was blown WAY out of proportion by the soft culture we live in.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: THECHAMPISHERE

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 03:39:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I must have missed something... Have a link?

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 03:48:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great fans. Probably the best, most passionate fans we'll play in front of all year...maybe even including our own.

They did nothing wrong. Sticks and stones. Great crowd. Love their passion for their team.

If any player, in any sport can't handle that...they need to stop playing.

https://twitter.com/bigdonkey47/status/1441471562956279808
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:51:55 PM by THECHAMPISHERE »

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 04:32:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • LOL...I love it....I wish CUSA had fan bases that cared enough to laugh at us after they beat our ass. Hell, I might have joined them in cussing out Doc on his way in.

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 04:55:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have a buddy of mine that played DTackle at Iowa in the late 80s. When they played Wisconsin they were not allowed to come out of the tunnel without helmets.  Why because the students were hearing up pennies with sterno heaters and dropping them on the team as they came out of the tunnel. 

This generation I swear. 🙄

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 04:59:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've seen worse but was that long-haired person shooting the bird a female or just a long haired sissy, er, country boy?

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 05:02:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is a difference between good sportsmanship and bad sportsmanship.  What those App State fans did was bad sportsmanship and demonstrates a lack of passion for the game.  A person that has a true passion for the game or a team has both passion and good sportsmanship.

A person can exhibit good sportsmanship without having a passion for the game.  Think of the kid who is only playing the game because his parent(s) want him or her to play. 

A kid that exhibits bad sportsmanship cannot have a true passion for the game.  If the kid has a true passion for the game the kid would respect his or her opponents because without the opponents who would the kid play the game with/against?  Respect, a will to win, equity and fairness are all characteristics of passion for the game and good sportsmanship.

There are good winners and bad winners just like there are good losers and bad losers.  Most Parents and coaches teach their kids to be good winners and good losers.  Those App State fans are bad winners and no doubt bad losers.  Imagine what those App State fans would have done had App State lost.   

Offline HerdHopeful07

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 05:02:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• This generation I swear. 🙄

Yes what a weak generation for not wanting people to purposely injure someone over a GAME.

I'm fine with this, as long as when a player finally gets ahold of one of these fans, we don't act like the player is a bad guy for beating the crap out of the fan.

People think since they paid money for a sporting event it gives them a pass to behave however they want. But when a player reacts to a fan throwing something, cussing them or anything else, they come down on the player and excuse the fan. If you're brave enough to throw something or talk %^&*, I think you should be prepared to say it up close and not behind a barricade.
    Herd Fan because every victory is a little bit sweeter

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 05:04:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great fans. Probably the best, most passionate fans we'll play in front of all year...maybe even including our own.

They did nothing wrong. Sticks and stones. Great crowd. Love their passion for their team.

If any player, in any sport can't handle that...they need to stop playing.

https://twitter.com/bigdonkey47/status/1441471562956279808

If you like these guys, you will LOVE Morgantown.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline MUther

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 05:24:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes what a weak generation for not wanting people to purposely injure someone over a GAME.

I'm fine with this, as long as when a player finally gets ahold of one of these fans, we don't act like the player is a bad guy for beating the crap out of the fan.

People think since they paid money for a sporting event it gives them a pass to behave however they want. But when a player reacts to a fan throwing something, cussing them or anything else, they come down on the player and excuse the fan. If you're brave enough to throw something or talk %^&*, I think you should be prepared to say it up close and not behind a barricade.

or a keyboard

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 05:26:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you like these guys, you will LOVE Morgantown.

"These guys" are every fan base with a pulse in the country. College and pro.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 05:26:18 PM »

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 05:31:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Yes what a weak generation for not wanting people to purposely injure someone over a GAME.

Huh? Nobody got hurt. Have you been to any sporting event in the last 100 years? Fans of all sports have been literally doing this same thing since 1920. No the player doesn't have the right to assault a fan for being called a poopy pants or any other name. Good grief.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 05:50:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Injured? Let me know the first time someone uses words to physically hurt someone.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2021, 06:09:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Those of us there know that the walkway that the team walked trough was in the middle of the student section.  I doubt that any of them paid a penny for their ticket
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline HerdHopeful07

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 06:16:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Injured? Let me know the first time someone uses words to physically hurt someone.

I didn't quote everything he said. He was talking about students dropping heated up pennies on players. I wasn't making the type comment about this situation.

Offline HerdHopeful07

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 06:18:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huh? Nobody got hurt. Have you been to any sporting event in the last 100 years? Fans of all sports have been literally doing this same thing since 1920. No the player doesn't have the right to assault a fan for being called a poopy pants or any other name. Good grief.

I know and here recently it fans have gotten more brazen because usually fans aren't held accountable and players are. If you feel like you are brave enough to say something to a player from behind a fence, you should be able to say it to their face. If you throw objects at players you should be prepared to defend yourself because the player should have the right to respond. Or are we going to continue to coddle a weak generation?
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:23:07 PM by HerdHopeful07 »

Online herd2win

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2021, 06:24:20 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lighten up people, I was there and it was great to see fans who care.  The softness is getting out of hand? i don?t think any MU player is scarred from this.

Offline herd1990

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2021, 06:25:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Its easy to talk smack when (1) you are not in a position to be snatched up by the person you are harassing and (2) when you know the other person will be punished far greater than you if he or she retaliates.  Those punk a** fans would never do that to the players faces.  Thats not trash talk.  Thats a cowardly, bi*** move.  But I do enjoy the passion.  And I hope it fires our guys up.
    « Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:27:06 PM by herd1990 »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2021, 06:35:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't quote everything he said. He was talking about students dropping heated up pennies on players. I wasn't making the type comment about this situation.

Got ya. My bad. I thought you were referring to the App video.

The following users thanked this post: HerdHopeful07

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2021, 06:36:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All I see on the message boards are a bunch of betas complaining about the interactions from a few alphas. Go lay down. Nothing to see here.

Offline HerdHopeful07

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2021, 06:52:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All I see on the message boards are a bunch of betas complaining about the interactions from a few alphas. Go lay down. Nothing to see here.

Yes alphas that talk a bunch of %^&* up above players behind a fence with 0% chance of getting knocked out by a player. These same "Alphas" would be on the TV talking about how their experience was ruined when the big player knocked them out.

I remember that saying from the alpha president:

"Talk %^&* behind a tall fence"

Nope that was
    "Speak softly and carry a bug stick"- Teddy Roosevelt

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2021, 06:52:46 PM »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2021, 07:04:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Older people at Appy were cool and welcoming.  Younger and students were belligerent assholes.  Great atmosphere they reminded me our program might be dying but the belligerent assholes were like Morgantown light.

Screw Appy.  They have it going on now but I could not care less if we ever play them again or end up in conference with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline drewbox

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2021, 07:15:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure what it's like now but the MU student section was down right nasty back in the 90's.  What the ASU fans did would be considered tame in the MU student section back then.  Does anyone remember the Northern Iowa playoff game...my goodness. 

Offline Big City

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2021, 07:48:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Things like this stoke a rivalry.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

HerdFans.com