Author Topic: Kirk Herbstreit weighs in on the App St fans  (Read 835 times)

Online herd1990

Kirk Herbstreit weighs in on the App St fans
« on: September 24, 2021, 08:48:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

« on: September 24, 2021, 08:48:37 PM »

Offline coalherd

Re: Kirk Herbstreit weighs in on the App St fans
    « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 08:54:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gee, guys, this game was against  poor ole Marshall from that lowly, mediocre CUSA bunch!!  Just imagine how wild, vicious and out of control blood thirsty crazed these ASU fans will be when their Sun Belt brethren like GA State, Troy, Louisiana, Coastal Carolina, etc., etc., come to Boone!!!

Online hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 09:08:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It?s a mountaineer thing!

Greg Adkins

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd, horsrman, chris88, The E-Man

Offline svherd

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 09:36:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It?s a mountaineer thing!

One group curses our players and the other beats up pregnant women.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 09:50:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • You don?t think this happens at Marshall? I?ve seen fans doing the same thing to opposing teams at The Joan!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline pdunn

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 11:47:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You don?t think this happens at Marshall? I?ve seen fans doing the same thing to opposing teams at The Joan!

Oh well they will play here again sometime.  Let's just hope that all the stores have huge discounts on eggs, D-cell batteries and golf balls the week of the game.

just kidding of course.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline coalherd

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 01:10:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh well they will play here again sometime.  Let's just hope that all the stores have huge discounts on eggs, D-cell batteries and golf balls the week of the game.

just kidding of course.

Good!  You were starting to sound like a "coming out of the closet" Chickeneer" Fan!

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, herdfan129

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 07:29:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Drunk college kids screaming at opposing players?!?!?!  That?s never happened anywhere

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline chris88

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 08:18:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope they show that video all week around the lockerroom and Hton leading up to the game next year in Hton (we play them week after Notre Dame game).  Remember the impact Donny Jones leaving for UCF had on the fanbase when he returned to play us in Hton. I didn't see/hear one MU fan say anything derogatory to ECU fans after game last week. No saying it doesn't happen. Besides half our student section left at halftime and never returned.

Would love to be in eastern league with App, ECU and others mentioned before. Sure beats the mostly apathetic/ghost fanbases of most of MAC and half of CUSA
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 09:31:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First off, I think Kirk is a doooouche, but here?s what he had to say.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/kirk-herbstreit-weighs-in-on-ugly-scene-at-end-of-marshall-vs-app-state/ar-AAOMMbP?li=BBnb7Kz
    First off you are correct he is a not so smart.  Secondly I think it?s been so long since we had a rival we forgot what it?s was like.  Oh the horror they yelled at the players.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, DC01HERD, herdfan129

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 09:41:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I'm not gonna lie, I was a grad student in 2014 and sitting in the corner of the endzone where WKU hit the 2 point conversion to win 67-66. When Doughty ran toward us giving the fans the throat slash, I Mother F'd him to death. I had a few beers, was angry and just let him have it. I'm sure it hasn't impacted his life any.

Do, I feel stupid for doing it now that I'm 7 years older? Absolutely, I felt dumb a couple of hours later when I'd calmed down and the beer had worn off. But, our guys will be ok. It absolutely happens everywhere and maybe not always at the magnitude we saw on the video (sometimes its worse).

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 10:18:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If my memory is correct, didn't Hervstreit speak at one of the Big Green Fund raising dinners some time ago?I seem to remember he did a great job and said nice things about MU. Dan or DShoe arranged for Kirk to be the speaker.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 10:18:01 AM »

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 10:53:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Glad we have a rivalry back. We should be in the same conference as Appy. This is a big nothing story.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 11:04:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't believe this is actually a big deal.

Online herdman22

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 12:29:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was in the student section at Fairfield in the 80s and it was Animal House in there. We were right behind the visitors bench.  We had stuff thrown at us by the other team about every game and more than once an opposing player had to be restrained from trying to climb over the wall.

Crazy, fun times.

The Henderson Center student section back then was the same. We sat right behind the visiting team.

Either venue back then if you weren't there at least an hour before game time you weren't getting a good seat in the student section.

Loved seeing that crowd really into it at Appy Thursday. Would love to see that atmosphere every game.

But yes, I agree, we were very foolish and looking back it seems silly, but we had fun and other teams actually said they wish their fans were into the game like Marshall fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    « Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 12:33:35 PM by herdman22 »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 06:26:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was in the student section at Fairfield in the 80s and it was Animal House in there. We were right behind the visitors bench.  We had stuff thrown at us by the other team about every game and more than once an opposing player had to be restrained from trying to climb over the wall.

Crazy, fun times.

The Henderson Center student section back then was the same. We sat right behind the visiting team.

Either venue back then if you weren't there at least an hour before game time you weren't getting a good seat in the student section.

Loved seeing that crowd really into it at Appy Thursday. Would love to see that atmosphere every game.

But yes, I agree, we were very foolish and looking back it seems silly, but we had fun and other teams actually said they wish their fans were into the game like Marshall fans.

22, Old Memorial Field House was even worse, hostility wise, to visiting teams.  MU Students had whole end zone bleachers on one end of the FH, plus all the lower side bleach seats, 5h Ave. side IIRC, from end zone to end zone right down to the floor.  Remember one game against a very good Morehead State team back in mid 60s when Herd fans were hollering all kinds of trash at a couple of Morehead stars:  Lamar Greene and Willie "Hobo" Jackson.  Every time one of them made a good play he would run up the sideline by the MU student section rubbing his hand up and down along the side of his head, with the middle finger extended!!  Wild, crazy times.  Greene went on to play a few seasons with the Phoenix Suns, again IIRC.

Online herdman22

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 07:04:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 22, Old Memorial Field House was even worse, hostility wise, to visiting teams.  MU Students had whole end zone bleachers on one end of the FH, plus all the lower side bleach seats, 5h Ave. side IIRC, from end zone to end zone right down to the floor.  Remember one game against a very good Morehead State team back in mid 60s when Herd fans were hollering all kinds of trash at a couple of Morehead stars:  Lamar Greene and Willie "Hobo" Jackson.  Every time one of them made a good play he would run up the sideline by the MU student section rubbing his hand up and down along the side of his head, with the middle finger extended!!  Wild, crazy times.  Greene went on to play a few seasons with the Phoenix Suns, again IIRC.
    I never will forget the Louisville game at the Field House.  Loved games there. That place was crazy and so loud.  I remember hearing Stu Aberdeen told the band if the other team called a time out play as loud as they could, he would yell over them.  Great times.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 08:52:25 PM by herdman22 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 07:04:02 PM »