Author Topic: App TD pass  (Read 675 times)

Offline herd2win

App TD pass
« on: September 25, 2021, 02:23:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I haven?t seen the replay as I was at the game but people I have spoken to said it was incomplete and said even the announcers were surprised it was upheld as a TD.

What do you guys think?

HerdFans.com

App TD pass
    « on: September 25, 2021, 02:23:12 PM »

Online miltonherdfan

Re: App TD pass
    « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 02:36:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I haven?t seen the replay as I was at the game but people I have spoken to said it was incomplete and said even the announcers were surprised it was upheld as a TD.

What do you guys think?

it looked as if his back foot definitely came down in the endzone before he stepped out as far as getting a foot down goes, the announcers questioned whether or not he had control before stepping out with his front foot.  the announcers didn't think he had control, & before the ruling, were saying it was more or likely gonna be wiped off the board.  then they were really surprised when they came out & said "confirmed."

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 02:59:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Call confirmed surprised me...I thought it would be "call stands" either way it was the same outcome.

The bigger issue is that our DB was there and never attacked the ball. He could have jumped up and just caught the pass himself. He got mossed.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 05:11:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His foot was down but it was very close having control of the ball.

Online elginherd

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 05:19:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It WAS close, but I couldn't see how the replay could overturn the call.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Banshee, miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 05:59:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Call confirmed surprised me...I thought it would be "call stands" either way it was the same outcome.

The bigger issue is that our DB was there and never attacked the ball. He could have jumped up and just caught the pass himself. He got mossed.

From observation over the last few years, our DBs were never taught or encouraged to go "after the ball" under Doc and his staff.  Will take a while for Huff and staff to completely "unlearn" them, or else replace them altogether, IMO!

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline MU93

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 06:12:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unfortunately, it appears this staff also believes in face guard coverage.  I think it is one of the most idiotic defensive strategies in sports. 

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 07:04:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From observation over the last few years, our DBs were never taught or encouraged to go "after the ball" under Doc and his staff.  Will take a while for Huff and staff to completely "unlearn" them, or else replace them altogether, IMO!

They are short, low vert and not strong

Offline sleeinwv

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2021, 07:28:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Black shoes and a black endzone made it tough to see.   I think he was out. 

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline muherd34

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 08:29:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unfortunately doesn't matter what I think.  They also got away with a huge hold on the 1st td.  But Abraham also got a way with a pass interference that stopped their 2nd or 3rd drive cold.  Overall very poor job by the referees during the whole game.  But I never blame the refs, one thing I learned coaching youth basketball is,  don't ever ever put yourself in a game ending situation that could allow the refs to control the outcome of a game.   If you have a chance to put a team away, do it early and often.  Bad call and no calls happen many many times a game.

Offline goherd50

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the issue is whether he regripped the ball after his right foot hit out of bounds.  I thought he did, I always think those calls should go our way ;D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 09:34:31 AM »