Author Topic: Herd hoops players  (Read 3383 times)

Online herd1990

Herd hoops players
« on: December 30, 2021, 10:33:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would keep OAK and Taylor and get rid of the rest.  Complete do over.  An epic failure in every regard.

The following users thanked this post: SouthernHerd

HerdFans.com

Herd hoops players
    « on: December 30, 2021, 10:33:11 PM »

Offline GreenWhite

Re: Herd hoops players
    « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 10:39:39 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would keep OAK and Taylor and get rid of the rest.  Complete do over.  An epic failure in every regard.
    I would keep OAK only.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, Always THE HERD, miltonherdfan, MUther, herdfan129

Offline herd33

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 10:47:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Taylor is playing out of position.  Not a PG.

The following users thanked this post: DallasGreen, SouthernHerd, Herd2believe, MicDrass1, herdfan129

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 10:50:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mckey is good.  Not being used correctly.  I?d keep Braun too.  Rest go

Keep

Obinna
    Mckey
    Taylor
    Braun

That?s it

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 10:52:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Club is just mostly D2.  There are D3 players better than this

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, Always THE HERD, miltonherdfan

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 10:55:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I predict that "Oak" will get drafted at some point and whenever that is it will be higher than "you know who".

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline RollingThunder80

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 10:56:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are totally out classed talent wise and are horribly coached.  It?s amazing how quickly the wheels fell off the dantoni express.  That tells me it was all held together by tape and bubble gum but few realized it until now.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Online coalherd

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 11:02:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Once again, Danny's recruiting failure in terms of strategy, jumps up and bites him in the A$$!  Did you notice one of the hot and top scorers for the TECHSTERS tonight was a "TRANSFER PLAYER" from "mighty" Incarnate Word!!  Yep, just another veteran CUSA HC who has the ability to "mine" the Portal for quality players to fill critical needs.  Meanwhile, in Huntington, Stubborn Ole Danny loads up on another class of quality "projects" who no doubt will be able to "contribute" in the 24-25 season, or, maybe, by the 25-26 season, or . . . !
    « Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 11:04:30 PM by coalherd »

The following users thanked this post: svherd, MicDrass1, herdfan129

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 11:07:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Once again, Danny's recruiting failure in terms of strategy, jumps up and bites him in the A$$!  Did you notice one of the hot and top scorers for the TECHSTERS tonight was a "TRANSFER PLAYER" from "mighty" Incarnate Word!!  Yep, just another veteran CUSA HC who has the ability to "mine" the Portal for quality players to fill critical needs.  Meanwhile, in Huntington, Stubborn Ole Danny loads up on another class of quality "projects" who no doubt will be able to "contribute" in the 24-25 season, or, maybe, by the 25-26 season, or . . . !

In some D1 sports .... the best teams used mostly the portal  :'(

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 11:16:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have no guards and haven?t since Elmore. West was ok but couldn?t finish layups.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, wlf, miltonherdfan, MicDrass1, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 11:20:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Club is just mostly D2.  There are D3 players better than this

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but this is 100% true. I really don?t know if we would win the WVIAC. I know our guards would get eaten alive in that conference.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2021, 12:19:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but this is 100% true. I really don?t know if we would win the WVIAC. I know our guards would get eaten alive in that conference.

Considering the guards we have now would be in their early teens when the WVIAC last played bball , I say youre right .

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, goherd24

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2021, 12:19:05 AM »

Offline banker

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2021, 12:29:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Which players on the current roster would get meaningful minutes on any of the teams Herrion coached? 

Offline MUther

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2021, 12:33:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have no guards and haven?t since Elmore. West was ok but couldn?t finish layups.

Too short to ride and never figured out how to overcome that deficiency.  Lots of guards his size learned to compensate.  Being honest, would like his defense back, though.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2021, 12:42:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So why isn?t Braun playing instead of Taylor?  What is Danny seeing?
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2021, 07:21:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Which players on the current roster would get meaningful minutes on any of the teams Herrion coached?

I?d say 2 - Obinna & Kinsey from an athletic standpoint / Beyers is talented but coaches keep messing with his confidence / McKey has big upside but not be used correctly

Herrion team style

Obinna
    Kinsey
    Mckey
    Beyers

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2021, 07:23:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really thought that, coming into the year, we would have four solid players in Kinsey, Taylor, Early and OAK.

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2021, 08:01:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I may be wrong but I think many of you are giving up on this team too soon.  It?s a terrible stretch but we could come out better in the end. Sometimes teams need to struggle to get better. Last night we saw some glimpses of what we expected. We saw Goran playing some efficient minutes.  I like Goran and Obinna starting together.  We saw the best minutes from Beyers in a long time.  Maybe his time on the bench is helping. Now he just needs to hit the open 3?s.  We need more scoring out of George but he always hustles and gives the effort. I thought Taylor played better tonight and hit some shots. I just think he needs to be a passer/creator first and scorer 2nd. And he needs to do better keeping his man in front of him on defense. I still think Kinsey is trying to do too much.  Settling for fadeaways and 1 in 1 stuff instead of taking what the defense is giving. Then we just need to get quality minutes from Mckey, Dillon, Early and Marko. I?m just trying to stay optimistic and not pile on to a team and coach that is struggling. If we are still doing this poorly at the end of the year, then we talk about that stuff. The truth is that some of you never wanted DD for whatever reason and you are thrilled that they are struggling and I?ll never understand it.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, horsrman, wlf, goherd24

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2021, 08:27:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I may be wrong but I think many of you are giving up on this team too soon.  It?s a terrible stretch but we could come out better in the end. Sometimes teams need to struggle to get better. Last night we saw some glimpses of what we expected. We saw Goran playing some efficient minutes.  I like Goran and Obinna starting together.  We saw the best minutes from Beyers in a long time.  Maybe his time on the bench is helping. Now he just needs to hit the open 3?s.  We need more scoring out of George but he always hustles and gives the effort. I thought Taylor played better tonight and hit some shots. I just think he needs to be a passer/creator first and scorer 2nd. And he needs to do better keeping his man in front of him on defense. I still think Kinsey is trying to do too much.  Settling for fadeaways and 1 in 1 stuff instead of taking what the defense is giving. Then we just need to get quality minutes from Mckey, Dillon, Early and Marko. I?m just trying to stay optimistic and not pile on to a team and coach
    that is struggling. If we are still doing this poorly at the end of the year, then we talk about that stuff. The truth is that some of you never wanted DD for whatever reason and you are thrilled that they are struggling and I?ll never understand it.
    [/quote

I believe most of us are just sick of losing.  I get it with piling on!  This team is simply not talented and will not be successful in basketball.  As an alumni and die hard fan.  It?s a tough pill to swallow.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2021, 08:32:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Taylor is playing out of position.  Not a PG.

Next year he will not be the PG. He will move to the 2. Jacob Connor will be the PG at 6'8"
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2021, 08:33:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Considering the guards we have now would be in their early teens when the WVIAC last played bball , I say youre right .

We all know what I was referring to. I don?t care what they change the conference name to. It will always be the WVIAC to me. Just to humor you I will say it again?.

Our guards would get eaten alive in the MEC or any other quality D2 conference. West Liberty and Fairmont would shoot us out of the gym too.

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021, 08:34:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  FWIW:
     I watched part of the UCF/Michigan game before turning The Herd game on last night. I am shocked at the difference in the size and strength of the players along with their skills and quickness vs The Herd players. By the way, UCF beat Michigan 85-71. Johnny Dawkins is the coach at UCF.

I also watched some of the UTC/ETSU game last night and they seemed to have better players. UTC is 11-3 after last nights game. They have beaten VCU in a road game and beat MTSU at home 77-65 so far this year.
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 08:44:52 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2021, 08:34:11 AM »

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2021, 08:37:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Next year he will not be the PG. He will move to the 2. Jacob Connor will be the PG at 6'8"

Lol

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2021, 08:39:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol

Why the lol? That is the plan. Have you watch Connor play?
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2021, 08:40:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Next year he will not be the PG. He will move to the 2. Jacob Connor will be the PG at 6'8"

Hahahahaha?.. wow. The audacity.

Next year  ::)

Already talking about next year and how great an incoming Freshmen will be. I don?t even know what to say right now other than I?m sure you can?t wait for this season to be over so you can go back to watching how good we are in practice lol

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2021, 08:40:26 AM »