Author Topic: Bagent enters the portal  (Read 4477 times)

Offline herdinphilly

Re: Bagent enters the portal
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2022, 10:06:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why the portal?  All we've heard on here for about two years is that this guy is a sure fire, can't miss, future NFL Hall of Fame Quarterback!!  Surely to goodness he is anxious to get there ASAP and quickly get the Really BIG BUCKS that he surely merits!  No need to go to any FBS school; the NFL knows all it needs to about him NOW.  He could currently be playing for the nation's smallest NAIA football playing school, on the North slope of Alaska, and the NFL would still have him squarely pegged for a first-round draft slot come this spring!!
    Whatever he is, he?s not a first round draft pick!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2022, 10:06:07 PM »

Offline Bob25526

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2022, 10:24:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just got back from the $hit $how and what a $hit $how it was!

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2022, 11:34:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys are hilarious. He could go to a ton of G5 schools and if he chooses to stay at Shepherd then that would in fact be loyalty.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline goherd24

« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2022, 03:02:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys are hilarious. He could go to a ton of G5 schools and if he chooses to stay at Shepherd then that would in fact be loyalty.

No, that's accepting he isn't going where he wants to go, and saving face. Loyalty is not entering the portal. Loyalty is what Jon Elmore did, when he told several schools using back channels to piss off.

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, parshall2marshall

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #54 on: January 09, 2022, 03:28:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think it?s a deal that he and his dad wonder if he could have done something amazing in the world of college football, won the Heisman er cetera.   So they go in the portal.  Then he realizes that if he goes somewhere and things don?t work out then the knock on him is he was putting up amazing numbers against lowly competition.  D2 only allows 30 some scholarships for the whole team so many of the players he is dominating are on partial or no scholarship.

So now he realizes he has all the control at Sheppard.  Really though it seems he has accomplished everything he could in D2.  Doing it all again a second time doesn?t make sense if he has pro potential.

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2022, 07:10:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After thinking on this quote a little while I don?t think he was really serious about it but he?s hoping to get a WVU offer out of it by saying it.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2022, 08:37:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's funny that Huff and Wells are backstabbing, no loyalty traitors to some, yet Bagent is just a loyal boy scout trying to live his dream and we should all fall on ourselves to get him here.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdinphilly

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2022, 09:30:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After thinking on this quote a little while I don?t think he was really serious about it but he?s hoping to get a WVU offer out of it by saying it.

and if he's been an eerdiot his entrie life, then he's probably as stupid as the rest of them and thinks wvu = Bama
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: svherd, andy31, HaveUherd, coalherd

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2022, 03:36:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds like Bagent is going to Maryland.

Offline MUther

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2022, 03:47:56 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

Be hard to pick a school that cares less about football or is worse at it.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2022, 03:50:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Not exactly Bama level powerhouse.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2022, 06:04:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Cramsey is going to Memphis, offer Shepherd OC & bring Tyson

The following users thanked this post: goherd24, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2022, 06:04:16 PM »

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2022, 07:56:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Cramsey is going to Memphis, offer Shepherd OC & bring Tyson

Doubtful. Bagent had a great visit to Maryland and his old man loved Locksley. Think it is trending to Maryland. I guess anything can happen.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2022, 09:20:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Have to also remember that Shepherd/Martinsburg is right on the Maryland border. I?ll root for him wherever he goes.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2022, 09:51:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doubtful. Bagent had a great visit to Maryland and his old man loved Locksley. Think it is trending to Maryland. I guess anything can happen.

Did the MD Qb graduate?

Offline goherd24

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2022, 01:31:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This kid is very likely to fall on his face too. FCS to FBS is not an insane jump in speed and talent, but division 2 to FBS is. He may end up ruining any chance he has at the NFL. Probably more likely than him excelling and cementing a chance.

Offline MUther

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2022, 11:49:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This kid is very likely to fall on his face too. FCS to FBS is not an insane jump in speed and talent, but division 2 to FBS is. He may end up ruining any chance he has at the NFL. Probably more likely than him excelling and cementing a chance.

NFL scouts aren't stupid.  They'll assess his strengths and weaknesses regardless of where he's at or how they do.  QBs get a shot all the time from places that aren't winning.  If he is an NFL caliber QB then he will transition fine.  If he's not, doesn't matter where he went or if he stayed.  I just don't think Maryland is a good place to test this out.  I don't think most of their surrounding talent is good enough to help him in the ACC.  A great QB is still only one part of the puzzle.  He may not be able to make Maryland win but still be a capable QB.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2022, 12:32:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What happened to Terps Qb from this year?

Md put up 50+ On VT in bowl

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2022, 02:18:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

There?s not as much of a difference as you want to think in terms of skill position players. Big difference on the OL and DL for sure.

Same for basketball. The WVIAC is a very guard oriented league. I bet there are multiple guards in that conference who would start for us.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2022, 02:22:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NFL scouts aren't stupid.  They'll assess his strengths and weaknesses regardless of where he's at or how they do.  QBs get a shot all the time from places that aren't winning.  If he is an NFL caliber QB then he will transition fine.  If he's not, doesn't matter where he went or if he stayed.  I just don't think Maryland is a good place to test this out.  I don't think most of their surrounding talent is good enough to help him in the ACC.  A great QB is still only one part of the puzzle.  He may not be able to make Maryland win but still be a capable QB.
    Lol you way they aren't stupid and you got people drafting manziel, And any number of busts. And it happens every year. There are only about 10 good QBs in pro football. Even good college QBs at high levels can't do it at the next level, let alone a D2 guy

And yes there is 129, in terms of skill.

Division 2 is basically extended high school. Players are smaller and slower across the board, and less talented generally. That doesn't mean 1 or 2 doesn't get missed.

FCS to FBS is like high school JV to Varsity. D-2 to FBS, especially P5, is like high school to college.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 03:26:26 PM by goherd24 »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2022, 02:29:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • How many D2 games have you watched in person? Football or basketball?

Stevie Browning didn?t do any better in D2 than he did here.

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2022, 02:58:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How many D2 games have you watched in person? Football or basketball?

Stevie Browning didn?t do any better in D2 than he did here.

You can't pick one player here and there and just make a blanket statement that D2 is close to FBS. We could put our absolute worst lineman in the game and murder a D2 school in football. Sure there are diamonds in the rough but the competition level at every position is less.

Based on quick googled search, there's something like 40 D2 players in the NFL. I have no idea how many start. There are 1,696 players on active rosters in the NFL. That's roughly 2% D2 players in the NFL and I have no idea how many are actually active roster players. If what you say is true then it should be significantly higher.

Bagent probably should have been at a G5 school but was overlooked. Wells would be awesome in D2 also. We will see how good he really is this year at Maryland. If what some of you say is true then he should be in the top 15 statistically for QBs this coming year.

The following users thanked this post: goherd24

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2022, 02:58:52 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2022, 03:13:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You can't pick one player here and there and just make a blanket statement that D2 is close to FBS. We could put our absolute worst lineman in the game and murder a D2 school in football. Sure there are diamonds in the rough but the competition level at every position is less.

Based on quick googled search, there's something like 40 D2 players in the NFL. I have no idea how many start. There are 1,696 players on active rosters in the NFL. That's roughly 2% D2 players in the NFL and I have no idea how many are actually active roster players. If what you say is true then it should be significantly higher.

Bagent probably should have been at a G5 school but was overlooked. Wells would be awesome in D2 also. We will see how good he really is this year at Maryland. If what some of you say is true then he should be in the top 15 statistically for QBs this coming year.

I never said it was the same. There is a huge difference in OL/DL for football and a huge difference in big men down low for basketball. In terms of guards in basketball and skill players in football, there isn?t THAT much difference across the board.

Our defensive MVP this year was a low level FCS school.

It?s a simple question. How many D2 football/basketball games have you watched?

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I never said it was the same. There is a huge difference in OL/DL for football and a huge difference in big men down low for basketball. In terms of guards in basketball and skill players in football, there isn?t THAT much difference across the board.

I don't watch women's sports and I know there's a difference. I don't watch JV football and know there's a difference. I don't need to watch D2 to understand that the difference goes beyond DL and OL. I just showed you the stats. Explain why the NFL has only 2% of their players from D2 if their WR, RB, QB, DB and LBs are so close in skill and speed?

Also I'm only discussing football because this thread is about Bagent. Yes, I agree with you that basketball is much closer.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2022, 03:27:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I never said it was the same. There is a huge difference in OL/DL for football and a huge difference in big men down low for basketball. In terms of guards in basketball and skill players in football, there isn?t THAT much difference across the board.

Love ya man, but you're just wrong here. I've watched maybe 2, and the scores are like basketball games. It's like watching a high school game with slightly bigger players.

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2022, 03:27:55 PM »