Author Topic: What is your favorite Notre Dame Football tailgate tradition?  (Read 360 times)

Offline Big City

What is your favorite Notre Dame Football tailgate tradition?
« on: September 07, 2022, 08:14:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    My favorite tradition right now is pretty basic, but it?s the perfect mix to get me ready for the game. Usually I park over at Innovation Park, and make the long trek over to the Grotto to light a candle. The walk over gives me a chance to soak in the sights and smells (the food not the people ? although, who knows) and I start to immerse myself into the day?s event. After the Grotto, I head over to Purcell to pick up my press credentials, and then up to the press box to drop off my stuff. After a couple of minutes of taking in the beauty of that view ? I?m back outside the stadium and make journey over to our friends at Pole 3. Mark usually has the PBR tall boys waiting for me, and I?ve never been someone to turn down any whiskey or bourbon put in front of me. This is a great spot to be, and some of the best Twitter follows and loyal OFD readers hang here for most of the day.
    https://www.onefootdown.com/2022/9/7/23340447/what-is-your-favorite-notre-dame-football-tailgate-tradition-fighting-irish-nd-news-cfb-nd-campus
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

HerdFans.com

What is your favorite Notre Dame Football tailgate tradition?
    « on: September 07, 2022, 08:14:55 AM »

Offline Collis P

Re: What is your favorite Notre Dame Football tailgate tradition?
    « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 02:12:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I received some exciting news from my daughter (from Dayton Huber Heights) -

Marcus Freeman (ND Head Coach) is going to meet my daughter and grandkids and another couple Friday evening after practice. 
    And yes she will be wearing her Marshall gear (not sure if the kids will wear their Wayne gear or Marshall)  Lol

Should be memorable..............................
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms

Offline Herdadelphia

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 02:32:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe I need to ask the ND board but anyone have a good bar recommendation walking distance of the stadium? Plan is to do Linebacker Lounge as someone said that but open to more ideas.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 04:10:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My favorite Notre Dame tailgate tradition is gonna be Stone Colding a couple Coors Lights to celebrate a Herd win.

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2022, 07:12:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you'll have to be holding those coors lights outside the stadium.  I just read ND is a dry stadium
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 04:49:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ND is one of the reasons that 6 wins is required to be in a bowl game.  They used to have a 2 or 3 win season and get a bowl invite just because who they were.  I used to get pissed off as a kid turning on the TV and watching a 2-5 team being on TV every Saturday.

Offline beau42m

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2022, 07:15:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ND is one of the reasons that 6 wins is required to be in a bowl game.  They used to have a 2 or 3 win season and get a bowl invite just because who they were.  I used to get pissed off as a kid turning on the TV and watching a 2-5 team being on TV every Saturday.
    Remember, only the Norfolk State win will be counted towards the 6 game minimum for bowl eligibility. No credit for a prospective win over Gardner-Webb.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 07:51:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Saturday with my brother and our sons experiencing a Herd win.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2022, 07:51:59 PM »