Author Topic: Smock: Long line forms for Herd defensive end vacancies  (Read 532 times)

Offline W0lfman

Smock: Long line forms for Herd defensive end vacancies
« on: March 28, 2005, 08:55:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Long line forms for Herd defensive end vacancies

By Doug Smock
    Staff writer  

It’s the glamour position of Marshall University football, one where all eyes turn, where with every play fans wonder what fireworks are coming next.

It’s a position that has been hit hard by graduation, one that is wide open this spring and could remain that way deep into August.

We are talking, of course, about defensive end.

http://wvgazette.com/section/Sports/2005032719

HerdFans.com

« on: March 28, 2005, 08:55:38 AM »

Offline Mako

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 09:52:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are more questions at more postions than I can ever recall.  Three way fight for the QB spot.  We haven't had a QB battle since.......hell, I can't recall the last time we had a QB battle.  O-Line is a work in progress until they decide who will be where.  WR is completely wide open.  LB appears to be a strength as we're gonna have some depth there.  My guess is that we'll have about 6 guys rotate in and out through 4 spots to keep folks fresh.  RB and DB appear to be the only places where we have a pretty good idea who is going to start.  Fall practice should be very interesting indeed.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 11:58:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I expect highly touted Jeff Bush to be in the mix at DE as well..........

HerdFans.com

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 11:58:42 AM »