Author Topic: Sonny Dykes  (Read 1082 times)

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Assistant Coach
  • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
Re: Sonny Dykes
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2023, 10:26:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know if this is good or bad for TCU. Yes they can say they made it to the NCG. But they will be remembered for getting totally destroyed and embarrassed in that game. I mean 65-7?

The game was not as close as the score indicated... ;)
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 02:30:19 PM by bbcard1 »

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2023, 10:26:45 AM »

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2023, 11:12:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Despite the beat down, I'd say we'd trade places with them in a heartbeat.

I think that loss actually hurts your program. You cant spin that as a positive. Getting beat is one thing. Even a 35-14 type score. But that will most likely never be broken as the biggest beat down ever in a championship game. Nothing will ever come close and they will have to be remembered as the team that got humiliated.

Offline svherd

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2023, 11:15:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think that loss actually hurts your program. You cant spin that as a positive. Getting beat is one thing. Even a 35-14 type score. But that will most likely never be broken as the biggest beat down ever in a championship game. Nothing will ever come close and they will have to be remembered as the team that got humiliated.

The money, the exposure would be excellent. Sure the beatdown sucks but we've been beaten just as badly, or it seems by teams like Cincy, UCF and WKU, etc. The defeat stings for sure, but doesn't take away from the season in general. jmho.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2023, 11:28:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The money, the exposure would be excellent. Sure the beatdown sucks but we've been beaten just as badly, or it seems by teams like Cincy, UCF and WKU, etc. The defeat stings for sure, but doesn't take away from the season in general. jmho.

I agree about the money etc. but man you become a laughing stock after that. Their will be a lot of talk forever about that game and it's making fun of TCU. 30 years from now when someone mentions that game it will be for getting the worst beat done in history. That is going to follow then forever. Even if a TCU fan says we made it to the mojo ship game. People will laugh and say, yes we remember that 65-7 score.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2023, 12:26:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our loss at home
    What does that mean

Our loss at home against JMU, pay attention!

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2023, 02:52:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You think he would consider bringing his TCU team to The Joan to make up for TCU not paying us back a home game due to 9-11-2001?

They, (TCU)  didn't want to come to Marshall stadium when Bob Pruett was head coach...
    Anyone can research and confirm this statement...I'm not certain we still couldn't kick their arse...
    We are only a Qb, 2 receivers and a coach or two away from playing for championships again; oh, we
    must keep/stay with Owen Running the "D"

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2023, 03:10:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think that loss actually hurts your program. You cant spin that as a positive. Getting beat is one thing. Even a 35-14 type score. But that will most likely never be broken as the biggest beat down ever in a championship game. Nothing will ever come close and they will have to be remembered as the team that got humiliated.

Bob Pruett's last game as Florida's DC was a 62-24 national championship game loss to Nebraska.

Florida won next year's national championship game 52-20. TCU will be fine.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2023, 03:15:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bob Pruett's last game as Florida's DC was a 62-24 national championship game loss to Nebraska.

They, TCU, still didn't want to come to Huntington and face Marshall
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 04:39:24 PM by carolinaherdfan »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2023, 03:25:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bob Pruett's last game as Florida's DC was a 62-24 national championship game loss to Nebraska.

Never said they wouldn't be. But they have to live with that embarrassment forever in the football world. TCU may win the next 10 NC games but they will always be labeled with the worst defeat in championship history by a long shot. 65-7 and could have been worse is like nothing ever seen before.

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2023, 03:45:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Never said they wouldn't be. But they have to live with that embarrassment forever in the football world. TCU may win the next 10 NC games but they will always be labeled with the worst defeat in championship history by a long shot. 65-7 and could have been worse is like nothing ever seen before.

65-7 stings for sure, but I don't think it lasts more than the eligibility of the current players. TCU had a special year worthy of celebration. Georgia just hit on all cylinders and was that much more talented across the board.

TCU can silence people with a big year next year. They're set up for the possibility.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2023, 03:54:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 65-7 stings for sure, but I don't think it lasts more than the eligibility of the current players. TCU had a special year worthy of celebration. Georgia just hit on all cylinders and was that much more talented across the board.

TCU can silence people with a big year next year. They're set up for the possibility.

I'm only talking about this year. They will never be able to escape what happened. And I despise Georgia and was pulling for TCU all the way. They hold a record you never want to have and people won't forget.

Online herd2win

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2023, 03:59:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • TCU would have had a better season losing a close one to Michigan in the semis verses this embarrassment.  65-7 hurts for a long time with millions of eyeballs watching.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2023, 03:59:09 PM »

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2023, 04:17:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Georgia was a little upset on how they played versus OSU.  Unfortunately for TCU they got Georgias best

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2023, 04:26:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Good point. I had forgotten about Florida losing that game. I remember that a lot of MU fans were concerned about hiring Bob after the Florida loss, who wants a DC that gives up 62 points in the national championship. I live in Florida now and that loss is old history and no one mentions it now, only the championship. Time heals all wounds, as the saying goes.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2023, 04:30:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • TCU would have had a better season losing a close one to Michigan in the semis verses this embarrassment.  65-7 hurts for a long time with millions of eyeballs watching.

Exactly. At least when someone brings up that Florida loss when Pruett was DC, people will say, it wasn't near as bad as that destruction TCU took in 2023.

Online ru4mu2

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2023, 06:45:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly. At least when someone brings up that Florida loss when Pruett was DC, people will say, it wasn't near as bad as that destruction TCU took in 2023.
    I really don't think this topic will bring as much water cooler talk as you expect.  99.9% of the people don't care and only wish they could say that their team played for the title.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2023, 06:45:02 AM »