Author Topic: Zamora  (Read 855 times)

Offline herd1990

Zamora
« on: January 05, 2023, 10:51:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some of us, including me believed the hype that Pete was going to be the best of the 3 freshman this past season.  Surpised he ended up at Division 2 school.  I thought he'd receive higher level interest.  Maybe he did but feels he can start right away at Tusculum.

https://twitter.com/qbpete/status/1610798331369775104?s=46&t=EX2brjwSzdot1qGzYLsqgQ

HerdFans.com

Zamora
    « on: January 05, 2023, 10:51:54 AM »

Offline Big City

Re: Zamora
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 11:03:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some of us, including me believed the hype that Pete was going to be the best of the 3 freshman this past season.  Surpised he ended up at Division 2 school.  I thought he'd receive higher level interest.  Maybe he did but feels he can start right away at Tusculum.

https://twitter.com/qbpete/status/1610798331369775104?s=46&t=EX2brjwSzdot1qGzYLsqgQ

I noticed he didn't appear to receive a lot of interest. I thought for sure a CUSA or IAA would pick him up. I don't know the rules but can he play there for a season, put up some stats to create interest and transfer back up?
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 12:31:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Transfer QB from G5 schools who have no college film are not going to receive much interest. Especially when they play at a school with a bad QB situation to begin with. How do you evaluate that? Wish him the best but he may have had a little too much hype coming in since he threw balls to Antonio Brown on Youtube...

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 01:11:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He may have well been the best of the freshmen in spring but his ceiling may have been well defined. Everyone who gets a college scholarship is a truly great high school athlete, but for the most part, you still have a long way to go to be a good college player. He probably saw a future holding a clipboard...which is a good accomplishment...but not for him. His listed size didn't seem that small, but he looked small quarterback.

Offline svherd

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 01:17:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wish him well. But he used social media incredibly well during his recruitment. No one includes bad plays in their highlight films and workouts.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MUonium

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 01:44:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • portal is working well.  if the opportunity arises for a QB that is a must get, then go hard for them.  if we want 5 or 6 on roster, then we'll need 1 or 2 from somewhere.

Cam Fancher
    Chase Harrison
    Cole Pennington
    Cade Cunningham

i don't have a clue who on current roster will be here in fall, or who will start, but i'll assume for now-  Cam obviously has a leg up.  Cole is prob the sentimental fan choice.  Chase might have been the best in that class, based on limited video and his HS competition level.  Hope Cole or Chase come out swinging for the job, to push everybody up!  need the best possible starter no matter how that's achieved.  i really hate the thought of not having a top 3 or 4 QB in the Belt every year.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 02:27:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe he breaks D2 passing records and gets NFL interest.  He has a good arm.

Online herdman22

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 03:15:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our recruiting seems to be limited too players who's first name begins with C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline puma

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2023, 05:45:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories but it sure felt like there was some astroturfing going on with him online. There were a few accounts on social media dedicated solely to hyping him up. It was very wierd.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 05:47:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Bottom line is he just isn?t a good QB

Offline chris88

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2023, 06:20:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bottom line is he just isn?t a good QB

Nobody knows how good he is because he hasn't played yet. Maybe he just wants to go somewhere where he is more likely to get to start multiple years and not have a starter on team that was a FR last year (Fancher).
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023, 06:57:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If he can start there and be really successful he may decide to re-enter the portal in hopes of going to a bigger school

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023, 06:57:52 PM »

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023, 07:35:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck to him.  Sorry it didn?t work out here.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #13 on: January 05, 2023, 08:59:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I figure his plan is to try and set D2 on fire and try to portal back into D1 job hoping for a P5

Offline beau42m

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2023, 02:05:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wow, talk about a fall? Tusculum U? I don't believe it. Poor guy. Should have stayed put and concentrated on academics. The campus is completely dry. Bummer.
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:12:07 AM by beau42m »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2023, 03:33:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I figure his plan is to try and set D2 on fire and try to portal back into D1 job hoping for a P5

If that is his plan is to move back up going to a school no one has ever heard of before in a place no one has heard of before is a piss poor plan.  I looked them up on Wikipedia, there is a list of 50 "notable" grads, the only one I ever heard of before was the first person on the list. The only reason I ever heard of that person was his association with another University, the guy's name was Stu Aberdeen (yes THAT Stu Aberdeen).

Hey Zamora if you wanted to be heard of you need to move from Tusculum to a more visible place: you're going in the wrong direction pal.
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 03:52:14 AM by wasbarryb »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2023, 03:49:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wow, talk about a fall? Tusculum U? I don't believe it. Poor guy. Should have stayed put and concentrated on academics. The campus is completely dry. Bummer.

A twenty something who can't find booze in Tennessee isn't going to have enough smarts to find a receiver on a football field.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2023, 08:00:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish him well. Wasbarry I've heard of the school obviously because I live here and randomly two brothers who I went to school with went there for basketball. Just out east of Greeneville in TN, nice little place.

It's probably a good move to get some tape quickly. Plus you have the entire Southern Conference, A Sun/future CUSA schools plus an host of others all close if you want to get back to at least FCS. I guess if you want booze ETSU is just up the road. Alls a win.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2023, 02:41:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If that is his plan is to move back up going to a school no one has ever heard of before in a place no one has heard of before is a piss poor plan.  I looked them up on Wikipedia, there is a list of 50 "notable" grads, the only one I ever heard of before was the first person on the list. The only reason I ever heard of that person was his association with another University, the guy's name was Stu Aberdeen (yes THAT Stu Aberdeen).

Hey Zamora if you wanted to be heard of you need to move from Tusculum to a more visible place: you're going in the wrong direction pal.
    [/quote

Well I am gonna say this one more time.  He is not very good

HerdFans.com

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2023, 02:41:49 PM »