Author Topic: Listening to DD on the Ga Southern pregame  (Read 1302 times)

Online wasbarryb

Listening to DD on the Ga Southern pregame
« on: January 05, 2023, 06:46:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Talking about other teams use of the portal and his desire to develop five year players.

Doesn't sound like he is going to change his method of coaching in the new current era.

HerdFans.com

Listening to DD on the Ga Southern pregame
    « on: January 05, 2023, 06:46:59 PM »

Offline miltonherdfan

Re: Listening to DD on the Ga Southern pregame
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 06:59:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Talking about other teams use of the portal and his desire to develop five year players.

Doesn't sound like he is going to change his method of coaching in the new current era.

it ensures that he can always blame losses on a relative lack of experience/youth

ridiculous that we have 3 or 4 year players, or whatever he is, like marko on our bench that are only for "emergencies"

if you're not gonna be part of the rotation after 2 seasons, & won't quit on your own, then coach needs to do it for ya...if we're in it to win it ??

The following users thanked this post: svherd, coalherd

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 07:04:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• it ensures that he can always blame losses on a relative lack of experience/youth

ridiculous that we have 3 or 4 year players, or whatever he is, like marko on our bench that are only for "emergencies"

if you're not gonna be part of the rotation after 2 seasons, & won't quit on your own, then coach needs to do it for ya...if we're in it to win it ??

You think he wants to stick with his philosophy so he'll have an excuse to lose?

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2023, 07:10:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I hope he doesn't change. One portal here and there but turning the roster over every year is looking for disaster.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, BraveSaintStuart

Offline wesnky

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2023, 07:10:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD trying to call a TO at the media TO ???no clue

Offline coalherd

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 07:12:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

No problem!  To him and his flock of adoring followers, around a 54% career winning percentage is a "rousing success".  Hopefully, our new leadership will see differentoy SOON!

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 07:19:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You think he wants to stick with his philosophy so he'll have an excuse to lose?

Of course not. But he should never use youth as an excuse again if he's not willing to address it.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 07:22:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Of course not. But he should never use youth as an excuse again if he's not willing to address it.

Well you said "it ensures that he can always blame losses on a relative lack of experience/youth"

Just checking.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline coalherd

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2023, 07:23:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So far, can't catch the ball, can't make a shot including 2-3 footers and layups, can't rebound on the O boards, very slow or just totally fail to get back on D, (stop me if I mention ANYTHING positive the HERD is doing)!
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 07:52:09 PM by coalherd »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 07:25:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So far, can't catch the ball, can' make a shot including 2-3 footers and layups, can rebound on the O boards, very slow or just totally fail to get back on D, (stop me if I mention ANYTHING positive the HERD is doing)!

You are good at blabbering!!!

Offline coalherd

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2023, 07:32:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are good at blabbering!!!

Off your meds as usual, bust.  They just can't seem to correct your visual illusions and mental delusions, can they?

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline wesnky

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023, 07:33:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Black uniforms are awful

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, forphase1, mr_ash_1995, HerdEcon, The E-Man, beau42m

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2023, 07:33:57 PM »

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2023, 07:39:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Green is now an alternate color.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, HerdEcon, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man

Offline coalherd

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2023, 07:43:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Serving their purpose tonight:  detracting from the team's hold-your-nose performance!!

Offline wesnky

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2023, 07:45:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Still amazing to me that dd trying to call a TO at the media TO

Offline coalherd

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2023, 07:53:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Still amazing to me that dd trying to call a TO at the media TO

Obviously, an assistant woke him up at the wrong time!  ;)

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #16 on: January 05, 2023, 08:01:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Of course not. But he should never use youth as an excuse again if he's not willing to address it.

How true is that. He should stop with the youth comments. The reason is directly linked to terrible recruiting.    If he isn?t going to use the portal like everybody else then stop with youth as an excuse. 

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, HerdEcon, wasbarryb, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2023, 08:57:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I posted earlier, if we get a JT Shumate from the portal we're probably undefeated and a potential Top-25

Our conference schedule is front-loaded. If we don't have a lead going into the final 12 ( 8 on the road ) we won't win the league. We're already in a hole with the loss at home to JMU. Team is not mentally ready to play.

Game was repeat of JMU ... we lost it in the first half by letting one opponent score at will in the first half ( 16 and 14 points respectively ) and shooting less than 50% from the line.
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:05:04 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, wlf

Offline forphase1

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2023, 09:09:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How true is that. He should stop with the youth comments. The reason is directly linked to terrible recruiting.    If he isn?t going to use the portal like everybody else then stop with youth as an excuse.

He's been whining about being a young team since he stepped on campus.  Guess what coach, after so many years if we are still young it's either 1) your fault or 2) at your age everyone is young.  :-)  (I'm joking, no need to get up in arms about ageism).  Point is the youth excuse really only works for so long, at some point we shouldn't be young any longer.  But with Dan we are perpetually young, or at least that's his claim.

Let's Go Herd! 

Final Rankings: 1999 - #10 (AP & ESPN), #12 (BCS); 2001 - #21 (ESPN); 2002 - #24 (AP), #19 (ESPN), 2014 - #22 (coaches), #23 (AP)

Championships: 1925 WVIAC, 1928 WVIAC, 1931 WVIAC, 1937 Buckeye Conference, 1988 Southern Conference, 1992 I-AA, 1994 Southern Conference, 1996 Southern Conference, 1996 I-AA (15-0), 1997 MAC, 1998 MAC, 1998 Motor City, 1999 MAC (13-0), 1999 Motor City, 2000 MAC, 2000 Motor City, 2001 GMAC, 2002 MAC, 2002 GMAC, 2009 Pizza Bowl, 2011 Beef O Brady Bowl, 2013 Military Bowl, 2014 Boca Raton Bowl, 2015 St. Petersburg Bowl, 2017 New Mexico Bowl, 2018 Gasparilla Bowl.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2023, 11:10:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Going young they better be good

Offline beau42m

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2023, 02:19:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Every time that I see Marshall University athletes in the future in black I vow to watch something else. I deliberately missed watching on television 2 or 3 football games this just concluded season because of the predominately black uniforms. Are you listening Spears, Huff, and D'Antoni?
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 02:26:34 AM by beau42m »

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #21 on: January 06, 2023, 06:30:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's been whining about being a young team since he stepped on campus.  Guess what coach, after so many years if we are still young it's either 1) your fault or 2) at your age everyone is young.  :-)  (I'm joking, no need to get up in arms about ageism).  Point is the youth excuse really only works for so long, at some point we shouldn't be young any longer.  But with Dan we are perpetually young, or at least that's his claim.

Yep uses it all the time.  It is nobody?s fault but the coaches. It isn?t like our top players are hitting the portal and leaving.  We are playing some young players because of bad recruiting. 

Three of our starting five have played a lot of games.   What he plays after that shows the bad recruiting in years past.  Fortunately this years class that come in are talented but one year out of how many doesn?t help. 

We played a terribly weak schedule and it is showing up now.  These guys weren?t challenged so when playing some better teams (and not by a whole lot in some cases) we are not prepared for the pressure.   It drives me nuts to not play some games that provide a challenge.  A great example is look at some of the major programs especially Duke and Kentucky.  Take a look at their first true road game (not a neutral site game) and see how they do.  They are not prepared for the environment of a home team out to win their ?big game?.  The same thing here except our guys didn?t get challenging situations.  Now we are and we are failing. 

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2023, 06:30:59 AM »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2023, 07:13:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep uses it all the time.  It is nobody?s fault but the coaches. It isn?t like our top players are hitting the portal and leaving.  We are playing some young players because of bad recruiting. 

Three of our starting five have played a lot of games.   What he plays after that shows the bad recruiting in years past.  Fortunately this years class that come in are talented but one year out of how many doesn?t help. 

We played a terribly weak schedule and it is showing up now.  These guys weren?t challenged so when playing some better teams (and not by a whole lot in some cases) we are not prepared for the pressure.   It drives me nuts to not play some games that provide a challenge.  A great example is look at some of the major programs especially Duke and Kentucky.  Take a look at their first true road game (not a neutral site game) and see how they do.  They are not prepared for the environment of a home team out to win their ?big game?.  The same thing here except our guys didn?t get challenging situations.  Now we are and we are failing.

A weak schedule that includes 3 of the top teams in the  MAC a team near the top of the A-10 and a team that most likely will win the OVC. The other teams on the schedule are comparable to the schedule most years with the lack of one money game. Frankly I enjoyed watching the team play so many OOC games at home
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2023, 07:19:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A weak schedule that includes 3 of the top teams in the  MAC a team near the top of the A-10 and a team that most likely will win the OVC. The other teams on the schedule are comparable to the schedule most years with the lack of one money game. Frankly I enjoyed watching the team play so many OOC games at home

An early look at the MAC standings. It appears that Kent State and Ball State are the best MAC teams. It will be interesting to see how the teams finish the season.

Kent State    1-0    1.000    11-3    .786    7-0    2-3    2-0    W5
    Ball State    1-0    1.000    10-4    .714    5-0    3-2    2-2    W6
    Akron    1-0    1.000    9-5    .643    8-0    0-2    1-3    W2
    Bowling Green    1-0    1.000    7-7    .500    4-3    3-4    0-0    W3
    Buffalo    1-0    1.000    7-7    .500    7-1    0-3    0-3    W1
    Central Michigan    1-0    1.000    6-8    .429    4-2    1-5    1-1    W2
    Toledo    0-1    .000    9-5    .643    5-1    2-2    2-2    L1
    Ohio    0-1    .000    8-6    .571    6-0    2-5    0-1    L1
    Miami    0-1    .000    6-8    .429    5-4    1-3    0-1    L1
    Northern Illinois    0-1    .000    4-10    .286    1-2    2-7    1-1    L1
    Western Michigan    0-1    .000    4-10    .286    3-2    1-7    0-1    L2
    Eastern Michigan    0-1    .000    3-11    .214    2-3    1-5    0-3    L2

Footer

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2023, 08:58:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope he doesn't change. One portal here and there but turning the roster over every year is looking for disaster.

This is a disaster lol

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2023, 08:58:50 AM »