Author Topic: Coastal Carolina  (Read 1706 times)

Offline yogiherd

Coastal Carolina
« on: January 07, 2023, 04:56:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD will be the youngest Bball HC on the floor today at the Cam as Coastal Carolina's Cliff Ellis is 77 years old.
    GO HERD!!!
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

Coastal Carolina
    « on: January 07, 2023, 04:56:08 AM »

Offline Herdmeister

Re: Coastal Carolina
    « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 09:10:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD will be the youngest Bball HC on the floor today at the Cam as Coastal Carolina's Cliff Ellis is 77 years old.
    GO HERD!!!

Only Jim Boeheim at 78 is older
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, MicDrass1

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 09:24:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've known Cliff for over 50 years as I was at one time married to his cousin.  He was always a good guy.  I was going to say hi to him today before the game but the wife and I both have covid so we won't be there. 

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 09:32:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've known Cliff for over 50 years as I was at one time married to his cousin.  He was always a good guy.  I was going to say hi to him today before the game but the wife and I both have covid so we won't be there.

Man that's cool!

Too bad you can't go to the game

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, MicDrass1

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 11:52:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cliff Ellis had some good Clemson teams with Davis and Campbell. The 1990 Clemson v Connecticut in the Tournament is a classic.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 11:57:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, after recent events, let's hope MU officials have sufficient EMT personnel and emergency equipment on hand at the CAM!

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2023, 01:24:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cliff Ellis had some good Clemson teams with Davis and Campbell. The 1990 Clemson v Connecticut in the Tournament is a classic

I forget that CCU had Ellis as their head coach. He has coached at South Alabama; Clemson; Auburn and now at CCU. "Going into the 2020?21 season, Coach Ellis's 800 NCAA Division I victories rank him 8th on the list of all-time career coaching victories in NCAA Division I basketball.[3]
    Ellis is a member of three Halls of Fame after entering Clemson's in 2013. He was already part of the Mobile Sports and Cumberland University Halls of Fame.

Ellis has compiled a Division I record of 817-540 (.602) and an overall record of 894-550(.619). He ranks third in NCAA Division I wins among active coaches. He is also just one of four coaches in NCAA Division I history to make multiple NCAA Tournament appearances with four separate schools and has been named conference Coach of the Year six times in his career. He is the only coach in NCAA Division I history to win at least 170 games at four different institutions."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Ellis

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, herdfan93

Offline Herd2believe

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2023, 03:52:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is it just me or does it look like Taylor shoots an old timey two hand set shot sometimes?

Offline herd2win

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2023, 04:23:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why doesn't Napoleon Dynamite dunk?  He always tries to lay it in.  Someone that is 7 feet tall should dunk the ball.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2023, 04:25:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why doesn't Napoleon Dynamite dunk?  He always tries to lay it in.  Someone that is 7 feet tall should dunk the ball.

He has dunked it twice today.

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2023, 04:55:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Seriously? He's dunked it twice this game, he has 12 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocked shots, him and Kinsey are really the only ones making anything in the first half.

Oh and making fun of a Marshall players looks? Post your ugly mug you tool I'm sure we can come up
    With some good roasts.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, lexkyherdfan

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023, 05:07:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seriously? He's dunked it twice this game, he has 12 points, 8 rebounds and 3 blocked shots, him and Kinsey are really the only ones making anything in the first half.

Oh and making fun of a Marshall players looks? Post your ugly mug you tool I'm sure we can come up
    With some good roasts.

He is a tool. He is anti basketball and still pissed Doc got canned. The kid is one of the best freshman centers in the country and probably best hands.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023, 05:07:21 PM »

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 05:10:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has Bob Bolen been in hibernation.  He keeps saying Marshall is a good defensive team in the paint.  Everybody on this board has documented that is soooo far from the truth.   Every team from here on out will be driving to the basket.  True, Coastal is not shooting all that well in the paint but they are getting very good looks.

Offline herdfan2015

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2023, 05:18:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man I?m scared that Micah is going to get poached by one of the big boys in the next few years. Better enjoy him while we have him in case he leaves.

That kid is special and is going to be a force in years to come, I really like him.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2023, 05:26:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good timeout...needs to make sure Obinna does not take another 3.  1 for 7 today on 3s.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2023, 05:29:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man I?m scared that Micah is going to get poached by one of the big boys in the next few years. Better enjoy him while we have him in case he leaves.

That kid is special and is going to be a force in years to come, I really like him.

Wait till he gains 20 pounds. 16 pts 16 rebs and 5 blocks. Yes he will be rerecruited by the big boys.

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2023, 05:47:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not the best looking game, but still a 15 point win.
    Micah with 20 points, 19 rebounds and 5 block shots.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, luckytoes99

Offline svherd

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2023, 06:00:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Handlogten is talented and been a wonderful surprise but he needs to keep things in perspective. Playing the Coastas of the world is a lot different then transferring and trying to compete against the Tar Heels and the like every game

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Always THE HERD, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2023, 06:07:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not the best looking game, but still a 15 point win.
    Micah with 20 points, 19 rebounds and 5 block shots.

Agreed. This was a must win today or we fall to 1-3 in the conference.

The ball has to touch Kinsey's hand at least once every possession. Handlogten with a nice game. Kinsey with some nice shots. Coastal was still able to penetrate today and dump off to the post player. Our defense around the rim was better. We still need a better rotation down on that and that pass can't be made.

Concerns: Not liking OAK shooting 3's when the ball hasn't touched most of his teammates hands in a possession. I know Dan doesn't like to bring out handcuffs when it comes to offense, but I believe a restriction is needed. We are hurting with bench production. I realize Fricks injury does hurt but we have plenty of players that have experience over there that seem to just sit all season. If this continues, then we are going to have to encourage guys to transfer and bring in a couple of impact transfers.

I'll take the win. We are 13-4 and back to .500 in the conference. This was a must win today and we got it.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, coalherd

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2023, 06:11:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, luckytoes99

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2023, 06:22:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I've said the same thing. Without plenty of NIL one of the big boys will come after him. DD said on his postgame comments that Cliff Ellis asked him where he found #5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2023, 06:45:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Handlogten is talented and been a wonderful surprise but he needs to keep things in perspective. Playing the Coastas of the world is a lot different then transferring and trying to compete against the Tar Heels and the like every game

True but have you seen any 7'1" guys putting up 20/19 on the coastal's of the world? Let's face it, he is just a freshman and another year in the weight room and a year under his belt, and the sky is the limit for this kid. I think we keep him for another year but after that he is going to be getting eyes from all the big schools and the NBA. He is just scratching his surface.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2023, 06:45:28 PM »

Offline goherd73

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2023, 06:53:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• We need to find him a good local girlfriend.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, parshall2marshall

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2023, 07:00:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Speaking of the game, I was pleased today that I felt Conner was much more aggressive, anyone else feel that  way?

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2023, 07:04:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Handlogton is the X factor for the season. Good to see Connor hit the 3. Connor was noticeable on the court.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2023, 07:04:59 PM »