Author Topic: Coastal Carolina  (Read 1697 times)

Offline GreenWhite

Re: Coastal Carolina
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2023, 07:05:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Speaking of the game, I was pleased today that I felt Conner was much more aggressive, anyone else feel that  way?
    I felt the same. When he made that three in the 2nd half, he showed a lot of emotion, like the world was taken off his shoulders.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, parshall2marshall, herdfifteen

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2023, 07:05:48 PM »

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #26 on: January 07, 2023, 07:33:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • True but have you seen any 7'1" guys putting up 20/19 on the coastal's of the world? Let's face it, he is just a freshman and another year in the weight room and a year under his belt, and the sky is the limit for this kid. I think we keep him for another year but after that he is going to be getting eyes from all the big schools and the NBA. He is just scratching his surface.

He is right where he needs to be

Hopefully he realizes that

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, parshall2marshall, svherd, herdorbust2

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2023, 08:09:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why doesn't Napoleon Dynamite dunk?  He always tries to lay it in.  Someone that is 7 feet tall should dunk the ball.
    I am so glad I am not the only one that thinks of Napoleon Dynamite when watching the games. 😂😂

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2023, 08:12:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Speaking of the game, I was pleased today that I felt Conner was much more aggressive, anyone else feel that  way?
    Yes I noticed it.  He just needs to go all out like when he started the season

Offline beau42m

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2023, 08:25:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't like the cheerleaders running back and forth repeatedly waving Marshall flags from baseline to baseline. I wouldn't be too bad if did so on the side of the court opposite the TV cameras. It makes it hard for the TV audience to see the action or discern the movement of the players. And Danny wore  the "Man in Black" uniform, much like Charles Huff has been doing.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, jdonaccbus

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2023, 08:48:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man I?m scared that Micah is going to get poached by one of the big boys in the next few years. Better enjoy him while we have him in case he leaves.

That kid is special and is going to be a force in years to come, I really like him.
    Both he and his parents love being here and they love this staff. Conner's family feel the same way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, DC01HERD, parshall2marshall, coalherd, herdorbust2

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2023, 08:59:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Things can sometimes change quickly. NIL is a monster a school like Marshall is going to have to deal with. Happy everyone is happy now.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2023, 10:14:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan in his post game conference, said his fingers are crossed that Fricks can play on Thursday. I thought this was encouraging.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, DC01HERD, parshall2marshall, jdonaccbus, herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2023, 10:17:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan in his post game conference, said his fingers are crossed that Fricks can play on Thursday. I thought this was encouraging.

We need him and Fricks to start clicking like they are capable.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Online yogiherd

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2023, 10:46:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need him and Fricks to start clicking like they are capable.

I wish they had Chase for this year. They could use his inside play. Having him come in for 10 or more minutes per game would really help the frontline.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: jdonaccbus, MicDrass1

Offline goherd73

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2023, 10:57:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline coalherd

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2023, 02:11:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Both he and his parents love being here and they love this staff. Conner's family feel the same way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

H-D Media coverage of the game includes the fact that longtime and veteran HC Cliff Ellis of Coastal was obviously impressed with Handlogten and asked Danny where the HERD found him.  Danny noted the staff get in early on him and did their due diligence thereafter.  Kudos to Coach D and whichever assistant or assistants were involved in doing a very solid and thorough job in landing Micah for the HERD!!
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 02:13:32 AM by coalherd »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man, beau42m

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2023, 02:11:24 AM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2023, 02:18:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I forget that CCU had Ellis as their head coach. He has coached at South Alabama; Clemson; Auburn and now at CCU. "Going into the 2020?21 season, Coach Ellis's 800 NCAA Division I victories rank him 8th on the list of all-time career coaching victories in NCAA Division I basketball.[3]
    Ellis is a member of three Halls of Fame after entering Clemson's in 2013. He was already part of the Mobile Sports and Cumberland University Halls of Fame.

Ellis has compiled a Division I record of 817-540 (.602) and an overall record of 894-550(.619). He ranks third in NCAA Division I wins among active coaches. He is also just one of four coaches in NCAA Division I history to make multiple NCAA Tournament appearances with four separate schools and has been named conference Coach of the Year six times in his career. He is the only coach in NCAA Division I history to win at least 170 games at four different institutions."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Ellis

Wow!  All those quality achievements over many, many seasons and apparently Coach Ellis managed to accomplish them WITHOUT being a perpetual "Pain in the Butt" like Huggy Bear!!!!  Congratulations, Coach Cliff!!!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2023, 07:17:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • H-D Media coverage of the game includes the fact that longtime and veteran HC Cliff Ellis of Coastal was obviously impressed with Handlogten and asked Danny where the HERD found him.  Danny noted the staff get in early on him and did their due diligence thereafter.  Kudos to Coach D and whichever assistant or assistants were involved in doing a very solid and thorough job in landing Micah for the HERD!!

Micah was Scott Rigot's recruit
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, parshall2marshall, The E-Man, coalherd

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2023, 09:18:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Micah was Scott Rigot's recruit

Bob Bolen said that a few weeks ago. Great job by Rigot.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2023, 10:02:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Last night there was a rebound where a CC guard and big had their hands on it along with Micah and Micah took it away from them. Kid has very strong hands. Once he adds another 20 lbs he is going to be an absolute beast.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2023, 08:56:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Micah was Scott Rigot's recruit

You mean Rigot actually looked at "non-foreigners"?  Who knew?  :D

The following users thanked this post: herddds

Offline bearmann64

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2023, 09:17:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rigot was confused by his last name, thought he was from Scandanavian country lol.

The following users thanked this post: Herd2believe

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2023, 10:21:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You mean Rigot actually looked at "non-foreigners"?  Who knew?  :D
    Not you.  That's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club