Author Topic: Georgia Southen Game Breakdown  (Read 261 times)

Offline MarshallSteve

Georgia Southen Game Breakdown
« on: January 07, 2023, 09:19:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was only able to catch the last few minutes of the GS game Thursday night so I went back last night on ESPN+  and watched the entire game to see what went wrong.

Why in the world did we get away from playing zone against a team like GS? Why would we get away from playing zone with any team we play? Our bigs are long and very talented shooters but them playing man against smaller, albeit quicker footed GS team just played into their hands. No way should Handlogten ever be out on the parameter guarding away from the basket. Huge mistake IMO. They back doored us all night for easy buckets. Very frustrating to watch that.

Hopefully Danny gets back to playing zone defensively tonight and we get back on track.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 09:21:19 AM by MarshallSteve »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

Georgia Southen Game Breakdown
    « on: January 07, 2023, 09:19:07 AM »

Offline coalherd

Re: Georgia Southen Game Breakdown
    « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 12:18:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was only able to catch the last few minutes of the GS game Thursday night so I went back last night on ESPN+  and watched the entire game to see what went wrong.

Why in the world did we get away from playing zone against a team like GS? Why would we get away from playing zone with any team we play? Our bigs are long and very talented shooters but them playing man against smaller, albeit quicker footed GS team just played into their hands. No way should Handlogten ever be out on the parameter guarding away from the basket. Huge mistake IMO. They back doored us all night for easy buckets. Very frustrating to watch that.

Hopefully Danny gets back to playing zone defensively tonight and we get back on track.

Monday night, give Coach a call on his radio show and see if you can get a cogent and honest answer.  More than likely, you won't even get a chance to ask the question!!

Offline MUonium

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 01:08:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • go look at the roster of GS- SEVEN players came from other schools/community colleges.  it we had two or three more difference makers from the portal, we'd be a hell of a basketball team.  while at it, go look at JMU's or any number of other teams recruiting.

this recruiting stubbornness and other very specific ideologies have to stop one way or another no matter what happens this year. 
    there are too many reasons why i'm frustrated with a 12 - 4 record, which seems totally absurd!

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 02:21:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the injury to Chase McKey during practice before the season started hurt the team. Chase was a very good inside player and would have probably been in the top 7-8. With his injury and Fricks getting hurt well ??
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Online whf

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 03:32:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've said it elsewhere, the bench doesn't matter when your down by 14 at the ten minute mark of the first half.  Coach the kid son the court............... for defense. We need that set for offense.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 03:32:48 PM »