Author Topic: HERD Baseball New Head Coach Greg Beals Presser  (Read 469 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
HERD Baseball New Head Coach Greg Beals Presser
« on: January 07, 2023, 09:29:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mu79grad, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

HERD Baseball New Head Coach Greg Beals Presser
    « on: January 07, 2023, 09:29:15 AM »

Online MicDrass1

Re: HERD Baseball New Head Coach Greg Beals Presser
    « Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 09:58:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Excellent

Online svherd

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 10:33:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very excited for the school and program. Great hire

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline whf

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 10:34:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love his perception of "the HERD", and I'd not be surprised to see every coach at MU pick up on that quickly.  Come join the Herd.

Every Herd has shared responsibilities for every single unit in it. At times it is to protect, defend. At times it may be to lead, at other times to follow. At times a unit is to be protected.  And as we've seen with Jamar Hamlin, when a member of a Herd is injured or harmed, the Herd is truly effected and needs to find its way back to empowerment and fulfillment. 

I just have a sense that Spears has found a great shepherd for the MU baseball Herd.  Welcome on board, Shepherd Beals.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2023, 08:42:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well Spoken, knows how to run a clean program so that's a plus. Will more than likely turn out to be a good hire for a competitive baseball conference as Beals stated.

However, does anyone else think this was an inside job to get him a better paying gig than Akron? Carbone recruited him to play for him in college. Seems like the two know each other very well. I wonder if there was an actual coaching search done or if Carbone just told Spears "Hey I've got a got with P5 experience that will come." Would have liked to have seen some former Herd players that have had major league success have some say in this as well or at least have them on their advisory board or whatever term they call it. 

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 04:54:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well Spoken, knows how to run a clean program so that's a plus. Will more than likely turn out to be a good hire for a competitive baseball conference as Beals stated.

However, does anyone else think this was an inside job to get him a better paying gig than Akron? Carbone recruited him to play for him in college. Seems like the two know each other very well. I wonder if there was an actual coaching search done or if Carbone just told Spears "Hey I've got a got with P5 experience that will come." Would have liked to have seen some former Herd players that have had major league success have some say in this as well or at least have them on their advisory board or whatever term they call it.

You have no evidence that didn't occur.  You assume, by your words, there was no search, it's nepotism, and no one but Carbone was consulted for the hire.  That's a lot of assumptions that very well may all be true, but without at least some idea of one or more of them being true and no negative results on the field yet to force questioning the legitimacy of the hire, it might be prudent to just sit back and enjoy the "new" program for a minute.  Do we really need to get the conspiracy wheels turning right from the beginning again without any reason to?  Give the guy at least a game before we decide it's another blown hire.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2023, 10:55:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You have no evidence that didn't occur.  You assume, by your words, there was no search, it's nepotism, and no one but Carbone was consulted for the hire.  That's a lot of assumptions that very well may all be true, but without at least some idea of one or more of them being true and no negative results on the field yet to force questioning the legitimacy of the hire, it might be prudent to just sit back and enjoy the "new" program for a minute.  Do we really need to get the conspiracy wheels turning right from the beginning again without any reason to?  Give the guy at least a game before we decide it's another blown hire.

Never said it was a blown hire. I think Beals will do a fine job if he's given the chance to succeed from administration.

My question was and still is... Was there an actual search done? There has not been any real transparency around the baseball program ever. At least with football we knew they were interviewing candidates and had input from several former players / donors.

I know for a fact they did not consult with former alumni that have had success after their time at Marshall

Online svherd

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2023, 11:36:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I recall that there being mentioned in the HD story of a few other candidates being considered. FWIW.

We have a good coach. Let's be pleased it worked out well for us.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2023, 11:36:25 AM »