Author Topic: 7.5%  (Read 1567 times)

Online elginherd

Re: 7.5%
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2023, 01:02:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, he' not hitting 3s this year and he should pass unless he's wide open or hot.  but keep in mind that two years ago (i think) he had the top 3pt% on the team and last year, he was top two or three, so he's definitely capable.  he seems to get charging fouls too, when he drives from the top of the key.  he brings a lot to the team if he stays focused on what he does well (D, steals/disruption, boards/putbacks, hustle, finishing alley oops).  he always seems humored by the game, which is contagious in a good way- i think he's counting the $ he'll earn from a degree/s rather than a basketball future

The problem is that OAK has been wide open when he's thrown up those bricks from the 3 point arc.
    The problem in him passing on those shots is that it gums up the middle. So there's not a great answer offensively during his minutes. Fortunately, he's been a beast on defense.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2023, 01:02:34 PM »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2023, 01:56:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The problem is that OAK has been wide open when he's thrown up those bricks from the 3 point arc.
    The problem in him passing on those shots is that it gums up the middle. So there's not a great answer offensively during his minutes. Fortunately, he's been a beast on defense.

it's almost as if the D is letting him be wide open out there...hhhmmmm
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Rockin Herd Fan, elginherd

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2023, 02:12:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Based in his percentage, I see him being wide open unless he starts draining some of those 3's.

Online herd1990

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2023, 04:03:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Based in his percentage, I see him being wide open unless he starts draining some of those 3's.

If I was an opposing coach, I wouldn't even put a defender on him until he got in the paint.  I'd double Kinsey or AT and have someone pick him up once he was in the paint.  He's not a threat unless he's right under the basket.  Even then, there's a good chance he will miss.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2023, 04:06:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Either you stop playing him or get rid of the system. And neither should happen. You stay with the system.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

Offline herd2win

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2023, 04:12:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Either you stop playing him or get rid of the system. And neither should happen. You stay with the system.

Or you make a simple adjustment and have him make an additional pass.  Defenders are not within 10 feet of him.  I would love to see the stats on his missed 3s how many times we got the missed shot rebound.  If that percentage is still low then it makes zero sense for him to shoot that shot.

Waisted possession.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2023, 04:18:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Or you make a simple adjustment and have him make an additional pass.  Defenders are not within 10 feet of him.  I would love to see the stats on his missed 3s how many times we got the missed shot rebound.  If that percentage is still low then it makes zero sense for him to shoot that shot.

Waisted possession.

I agree 7 3s like last game is to many. But he has to shoot a couple a game and hopefully starts making a few. This offense will not work if you can't open up the floor. Trust me, if he starts making 25-30% like last year, the D will start coming out on him. We are 13-4 and hopefully 15-4 Saturday night so just keep grinding. If we get back to playing defense like we did the first 12-13 games we will be fine. It looks like Fricks and Conner are getting healthy now so our rotation she get better again.

Online elginherd

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2023, 05:38:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it's almost as if the D is letting him be wide open out there...hhhmmmm

And, granted, that is the case.
    I agree that 7 attempts is 4 too many, also.

To me, he just needs to be a threat to score beyond making layups or dunks... doesn't have to be 3s.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2023, 05:38:43 PM »