Author Topic: WVU offering cash (NIL) to a Herd Starter  (Read 2108 times)

Offline herd1990

WVU offering cash (NIL) to a Herd Starter
« on: January 11, 2023, 07:41:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In the press conference today Huff said Coach Prime called one of our portal commits who is already on campus and asked if he wanted to play at Colorado.  He also intimated those punks up north called and offered NIL money to one of our starters.  The NIL deals and the transfer portal will ruin college sports.

https://youtu.be/dS1mOv1OXTs

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

WVU offering cash (NIL) to a Herd Starter
    « on: January 11, 2023, 07:41:34 PM »

Offline whf

Re: WVU offering cash (NIL) to a Herd Starter
    « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 07:43:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Based on Porter being the only one who walked not committing to come back, I'd bet he's the one WVU offered.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline herd1990

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 07:46:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Based on Porter being the only one who walked not committing to come back, I'd bet he's the one WVU offered.

I'm good with any decision Porter makes....... except that one!

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, herddds, ed swain

Offline herdman22

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 09:16:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Portal and NIL has already ruined college sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, forphase1, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, HerdEcon, horsrman, chris88

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 09:45:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • wvu might not win more than 3 games in 2023
    Going there will not help your pro shot

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, HoPPy785

Online IM4DHERD

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 11:17:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He said a school close to us, and I also assume that is WVU but it could be UK, OSU, or any others as well. OU, or even Morehead who we took a QB from in the past few weeks.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 12:57:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe later in the conversation Huff said that last year another team offered a defensive player an NIL, and this year a team offered an offensive player an NIL.  That would exclude Porter.  Porter is making a determination if he is ready for the NFL.  I don't believe he is looking to change schools.

The following users thanked this post: HerdFanJ, parshall2marshall, MUther

Offline goherd24

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 03:10:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

All he has asked for is free rent for an NIL so far. It's being worked out.

He isn't going anywhere.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 08:41:35 PM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 07:33:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In the Coach Huff's press conference, he mentioned Porter hasn't made up his mind to return for another season. I seem to remember a family member or friend of Owen posting on Herdfans that the demands of his college major would make it difficult for to play football this season, not sure? Smart young man, he realizes there is a life after college football.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 07:53:09 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Offline svherd

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 07:49:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm good with any decision Porter makes....... except that one!

WVU is the last school Porter goes to. They spurned him out of HS. He won't be going there. They have put on the full court press though.

Owen will only leave if a high profile school shows interest and they have a masters degree program for his major. The masters program being key.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, SouthernHerd, parshall2marshall

Online herd2win

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 08:37:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NIL is not as bad as the transfer portal.  Should allow some NIL but should have stuck with sitting out a year.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Online HerdEcon

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2023, 09:07:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He said a school close to us, and I also assume that is WVU but it could be UK, OSU, or any others as well. OU, or even Morehead who we took a QB from in the past few weeks.

I immediately thought of VT, UK, and Cincinnati.  I think WVU would have to put aside to much ego and admit ours are better than theirs.  WVU football a dumpster fire and that would throw gas on it. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2023, 09:07:15 AM »

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2023, 09:11:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I immediately thought of VT, UK, and Cincinnati.  I think WVU would have to put aside to much ego and admit ours are better than theirs.  WVU football a dumpster fire and that would throw gas on it.

In case you missed it, Per SVHerd, wvu did go after him. I bet SV stands for Spring Valley so he would know about Spring Valley High athletes. He has posted a lot of information on the Spring Valley high program in the past. The below is from his post in this thread.

"WVU is the last school Porter goes to. They spurned him out of HS. He won't be going there. They have put on the full court press though."
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:39:22 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2023, 10:36:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In the Coach Huff's press conference, he mentioned Porter hasn't made up his mind to return for another season. I seem to remember a family member or friend of Owen posting on Herdfans that the demands of his college major would make it difficult for to play football this season, not sure? Smart young man, he realizes there is a life after college football.

What is he majoring in?

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2023, 10:59:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Portal and NIL has already ruined college sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruined it for whom    You ?

The following users thanked this post: pembrook burrows III, beau42m

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2023, 11:05:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is he majoring in?

Others would know more specifically than I, but its something in the health care field.  Specialized nursing, perhaps? 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Online elginherd

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2023, 06:03:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Others would know more specifically than I, but its something in the health care field.  Specialized nursing, perhaps?

I thought that I read that he's seeking an advanced degree in physical therapy.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2023, 07:17:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great coach Huff interview. I really believe coach Huff will win a SBC championship next season. One thing that jumped out to me and it's so good seeing again, is the beautiful kelly green background and Huff's green apparel. I hate the all black background and apparel that appeared when Marshall baseball coach was hired.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, beau42m

Offline coalherd

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2023, 07:47:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could be that the whole Athletic Program at WVU is about to implode!!  Long time basketball assistant with Huggins, Larry Harrison, and the school parted ways today.  Been with Huggy about 18 years or so.  Being the Big 12 doormat is wearing heavily on the Bear.  If it keeps up this season could possibly look for Huggs to have one of Fred Sanford's "Big ones", or else he'll just go off the mental deep end completely!!  Just sit back and enjoy the chaos up in the Hole, Herd Fans!!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herddds

Online VA Herd Fan

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2023, 08:28:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could be that the whole Athletic Program at WVU is about to implode!!  Long time basketball assistant with Huggins, Larry Harrison, and the school parted ways today.  Been with Huggy about 18 years or so.  Being the Big 12 doormat is wearing heavily on the Bear.  If it keeps up this season could possibly look for Huggs to have one of Fred Sanford's "Big ones", or else he'll just go off the mental deep end completely!!  Just sit back and enjoy the chaos up in the Hole, Herd Fans!!
    I've wondered how long Huggins can hang around.  Seems like today's players wouldn't respond well to his old school type of coaching.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Online elginherd

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2023, 08:42:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've wondered how long Huggins can hang around.  Seems like today's players wouldn't respond well to his old school type of coaching.

It's hard to discern what the hell he is saying!
    When he speaks, it sounds like he is snoring.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline coalherd

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2023, 10:32:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's hard to discern what the hell he is saying!
    When he speaks, it sounds like he is snoring.

Whether you can understand him or not, elginherd, be sure of one thing.  If ANYTHING is going WRONG with EER basketball he is looking for SOMEONE to BLAME!!  Someone OTHER than HIMSELF!!  Total JERK!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2023, 10:32:59 PM »

Offline bighat

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2023, 09:00:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To be a physical therapist is a doctoral degree.  My daughter is one.  So if students at Marshall University are PT's when they graduate then they are doctors of physical therapy.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, The E-Man, BigJimslade

Offline svherd

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2023, 09:27:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In case you missed it, Per SVHerd, wvu did go after him. I bet SV stands for Spring Valley so he would know about Spring Valley High athletes. He has posted a lot of information on the Spring Valley high program in the past. The below is from his post in this thread.

"WVU is the last school Porter goes to. They spurned him out of HS. He won't be going there. They have put on the full court press though."

Correct, My Daughters went to Spring Valley. One graduated with Owen and knows him.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

Offline breckjimison

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2023, 02:12:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To be a physical therapist is a doctoral degree.  My daughter is one.  So if students at Marshall University are PT's when they graduate then they are doctors of physical therapy.
    Yes, my brother-in-law is a Physical Therapist. Dr. Jared Blankenship. Jared and his wife Sarah who is an RN, own Bridge PT, LLC at 129 3rd Ave., Chesapeake, OH 45619. Please check him out if you have any PT needs. He is the best in the tri-state area!
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 04:54:13 AM by breckjimison »

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2023, 02:12:04 AM »