Author Topic: Most complete win of the season  (Read 487 times)

Offline herd1990

Most complete win of the season
« on: January 12, 2023, 11:19:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Overall, that was the most impressive win all season and it was in a convincing fashion.  Shot great (50%), key 3's dropping for Curfman, Micah was dominant and Kinsey/Taylor did their usual thing.  And the other 2 freshman made an impact.  Fricks looked a little rusty but I like his game.  Everything was working and I thought our D was a difference maker.  Kudos to the coaches and players.   Hope it carries over to Saturday.
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 11:20:59 PM by herd1990 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, carolinaherdfan, MUther

HerdFans.com

Most complete win of the season
    « on: January 12, 2023, 11:19:08 PM »

Offline MUther

Re: Most complete win of the season
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 11:25:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No argument here.  Herd looked great.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 12:16:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree.  Everyone that got on the floor made plays within themselves. 

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 08:46:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This game just shows that when they play as a team and not "me" ball, they can be very good. I will take 5-9 from Cam any night. ODU is going to bring a more bruising game than what we have seen. As others mentioned, it concerns me because Micah has a tendency to get into foul trouble. Our guards are going to have to step it up on the perimeter and not allow so many dribble drives into the paint. I thought Jacob looked very comfortable out there. Going to be interesting to see if they open up any of the bleachers if the demand is there.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Herd2believe

Offline MUther

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 04:55:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This game just shows that when they play as a team and not "me" ball, they can be very good. I will take 5-9 from Cam any night. ODU is going to bring a more bruising game than what we have seen. As others mentioned, it concerns me because Micah has a tendency to get into foul trouble. Our guards are going to have to step it up on the perimeter and not allow so many dribble drives into the paint. I thought Jacob looked very comfortable out there. Going to be interesting to see if they open up any of the bleachers if the demand is there.

I think we'll be too fast for ODU.  They used to control the tempo and make other teams play within it.  They aren't good enough to do that this year.  I think, if we play like last night, we run them into the ground while they're still in "beat teams with 50 points" mode.  The key will be not to slide back into 30% fg percentage and 20% threes, which we seem to do every other game or so.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, carolinaherdfan, Herdmeister

Offline Luke80

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 06:23:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We won?t play like last night because ODU will not let us spread them out and leave the middle of the floor open. Not saying we won?t win but I don?t expect the game to be anything like last night.

ODU has managed to lose at home against Arkansas State, the Red Devils only conference win, and then they win on the road at GA Southern handing them their only conference loss.  It?s really all about the match ups.

Offline MUther

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 05:33:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We won?t play like last night because ODU will not let us spread them out and leave the middle of the floor open. Not saying we won?t win but I don?t expect the game to be anything like last night.

ODU has managed to lose at home against Arkansas State, the Red Devils only conference win, and then they win on the road at GA Southern handing them their only conference loss.  It?s really all about the match ups.

You may be right, but if we're hitting everything in transition like against USM, they won't be there to stop anything from happening.  Like I said, we have to be hitting our shots and doing it on the run like the other night and ODU won't have an answer.  It's a big ask for them to put two together like that in a row, but that's what it takes to be on top.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 05:46:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the attack attack attack was sweet.  find other ways to attack ODU if the pace/tempo/transition isn't as easy.  no excuse not to protect the Cam

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 05:47:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we'll be too fast for ODU.  They used to control the tempo and make other teams play within it.  They aren't good enough to do that this year.  I think, if we play like last night, we run them into the ground while they're still in "beat teams with 50 points" mode.  The key will be not to slide back into 30% fg percentage and 20% threes, which we seem to do every other game or so.
    A poorly officiated game could make a difference...
    I've been watching the ladies game; it's leaves even the ODU announcers scratching their heads...
    Go Herd!

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Micah does have that tendency of foul trouble, however I thought that he did a great job on Thursday night after getting that 1st foul early. If I remember correctly it was late in the 2nd half before he picked up his 2nd foul. He also had his hands full with the USM big man #22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »