Author Topic: Sell out?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline bighat

Re: Sell out?
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2023, 10:26:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Under tax code buying tickets not allowed for deductions.  Changed under Trump.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2023, 10:26:08 AM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2023, 10:28:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Under tax code buying tickets not allowed for deductions.  Changed under Trump.

Good for him. It shouldn't be allowed.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2023, 12:52:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

And that's why mine are in our "advertising package", same for all the others. Learfield isn't the best partner right now. Athletic department is trying to reach out and fill those seats but it's a challenge. They know it's a problem. It's really not hard to give away tickets. I don't charge for mine when i can't go or i have extras, i just give them away. I also don't randomly give them to clients who may not care etc also, unless they want them and want to go.

Tarping the bleachers was a bad idea. And now its biting us. They are even going to have to turn students away tonight because the fire marshall said no to a million standing room only requests. Imagine that, having to tell fans they can't come, which could scorn some from ever coming again. Especially when their student fees include tickets, and this is also something the athletic department knows but are screwed.

Let's hope the seats are filled tonight and we can do better for the fans going forward. Maybe remove the tarps on one side at least or something.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2023, 01:03:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And that's why mine are in our "advertising package", same for all the others. Learfield isn't the best partner right now. Athletic department is trying to reach out and fill those seats but it's a challenge. They know it's a problem. It's really not hard to give away tickets. I don't charge for mine when i can't go or i have extras, i just give them away. I also don't randomly give them to clients who may not care etc also, unless they want them and want to go.

Tarping the bleachers was a bad idea. And now its biting us. They are even going to have to turn students away tonight because the fire marshall said no to a million standing room only requests. Imagine that, having to tell fans they can't come, which could scorn some from ever coming again. Especially when their student fees include tickets, and this is also something the athletic department knows but are screwed.

Let's hope the seats are filled tonight and we can do better for the fans going forward. Maybe remove the tarps on one side at least or something.

Honestly that isn't how the human mind works. When they want something and can't get it, it makes them want it even more. But I have no problem if they opened up one section only upstairs. But do NOT take the tarps off and scatter 500 fans out in 4000 seats. It looks awful and the atmosphere sucks. The last game was the best overall atmosphere imo in a long time. People were engaged, great music and the students doing the worm on the court was hilarious. Very entertaining night all around.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdfan129

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2023, 03:38:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have one center court ticket that I would like to sale. It's 2nd seat from the aisle 3rd row upstairs. I have 2 tickets, but I will be using one of them. If anyone is interested pm me. It would have to be cash since I'm not set up for online transactions and it's a paper ticket. I can meet outside or the cam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2023, 07:08:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with what most on here are saying but in reality if someone or a company owns the right to that seat, they have absolutely no obligation to anyone to use it.
    I would image that some companies buy these and they are not necessarily Marshall or sports fans for that matter. They buy for advertising or tax reasons.

I think everyone understands this (or least I hope).  However, I would like to see the seats being used.  Several options out there for donating unused tickets.
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

HerdFans.com

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2023, 07:08:55 PM »