Author Topic: Coach Huff on Taking Another Job.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline bighat

Re: Coach Huff on Taking Another Job.
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2023, 10:18:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herdorbust2, you are completely right especially those who wanted the coach fired last season.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2023, 10:18:44 AM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2023, 11:48:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate two-timers like Huff even more. I hope he goes the way of Charlie Snyder, Moss, Ellwood, Randle, and Mark Snyder. .

From irrationally stupid.

Doc excluded. I miss Doc.

To full blown insanely hopeless.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, The E-Man

Offline MUonium

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2023, 12:24:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You mean like the prognosticators one basketball before the season started? Fans are always the smartest people in the world until the games are actually played and PROVED otherwise.

you putting your own name at the top of that prognosticators list?

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2023, 12:41:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you putting your own name at the top of that prognosticators list?

Yes I will. I said at least 24 wins. But I could still be wrong. Others said no way we could be better because we sucked last year and one portal and 3 freshman wouldn't change that. Now maybe I'm wrong but I've seen every game and we are light years better than last year. We aren't just beating Mac schools, Duquesne, S Miss, App st etc but destroying them by 15-26 points.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2023, 12:51:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes I will. I said at least 24 wins. But I could still be wrong. Others said no way we could be better because we sucked last year and one portal and 3 freshman wouldn't change that. Now maybe I'm wrong but I've seen every game and we are light years better than last year. We aren't just beating Mac schools, Duquesne, S Miss, App st etc but destroying them by 15-26 points.

i'm talking about more years than this year and why your statement is perceived as hypocritical finger-pointing but at least you're willing to eat it this year, if necessary.  probably safe to hedge your bets in a year of weak scheduling and a weaker overall conference

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2023, 12:53:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Speaking of MAC teams since we are off topic. ;D It is still early and Toledo is 7th place in the MAC 1-2; Miami is in 9th place at 1-2 and Ohio U is next to last at 1-3. Akron is currently in 2nd place3-1; but Kent State is the class of the MAC at 1st place. We were lucky to catch most the MAC teams we played having a down year.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/standings/_/group/14

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, MUonium

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2023, 12:54:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i'm talking about more years than this year and why your statement is perceived as hypocritical finger-pointing but at least you're willing to eat it this year, if necessary.  probably safe to hedge your bets in a year of weak scheduling and a weaker overall conference

Oh back to weak schedule and conference. Lol!!! Good job!!! And what year did I scream Marshall basketball sucked before the season started? But glad you are kind of jumping on board. Go Herd!!!

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2023, 12:55:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Speaking of MAC teams since we are off topic. ;D It is still early and Toledo is 7th place in the MAC 1-2; Miami is in 9th place at 1-2 and Ohio U is next to last at 1-3. Akron is currently in 2nd place3-1; but Kent State is the class of the MAC at 1st place. We were lucky to catch most the MAC teams we played having a down year.

Yep we are just lucky this year. Couldn't be because we are kicking Ass and taking names lol!!!

Offline MUonium

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2023, 12:56:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

glad you stayed on or strayed from topic ;)

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2023, 01:06:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Back on topic. It was interesting to hear Coach Huff discuss the problems at the stadium including the troughs; long beer lines and other problems. He says we need to fix these problems. He also mentioned Troy as being ahead of us. He also said we need to sell more tickets to generate more revenue to make improvements.

He also talked about having to spend more time on the job with having to work the portal. It is good to see we have a coach that can adapt to change and put in the long hours to make MU football better program.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2023, 01:19:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • glad you stayed on or strayed from topic ;)

FYI: Queens is currently in 6th place in the Atlantic Sun at 2-3.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Big City

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2023, 01:32:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate two-timers like Huff even more. I hope he goes the way of Charlie Snyder, Moss, Ellwood, Randle, and Mark Snyder. Doc excluded. I miss Doc.

That doesn't surprise anyone on this board..

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2023, 01:32:56 PM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2023, 01:34:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate two-timers like Huff even more. I hope he goes the way of Charlie Snyder, Moss, Ellwood, Randle, and Mark Snyder. Doc excluded. I miss Doc.

Doc had 11 seasons to get it done. 1 title and averaged 7 wins a year, all while playing in arguably the weakest FBS league in college football. Let it go.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2023, 01:43:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

But you love Doc even though he gave his alma mater (wvu) a win at the Joan. (Traitor!!)

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, yogiherd, Flat Tire 2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2023, 02:10:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc had 11 seasons to get it done. 1 title and averaged 7 wins a year, all while playing in arguably the weakest FBS league in college football. Let it go.

You forgot to mentioned the character or lack of; for some of the players Doc recruited. It nice to have now have a football coach who wants to have scholar/athletes in the MU program who have stayed out of trouble. It is hard to keep a handle on 85 players, but Coach Huff has done excellent job of attracting young men who are good citizens.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 02:14:28 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, The E-Man

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #40 on: January 14, 2023, 02:28:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Back on topic. It was interesting to hear Coach Huff discuss the problems at the stadium including the troughs; long beer lines and other problems. He says we need to fix these problems. He also mentioned Troy as being ahead of us. He also said we need to sell more tickets to generate more revenue to make improvements.

He also talked about having to spend more time on the job with having to work the portal. It is good to see we have a coach that can adapt to change and put in the long hours to make MU football better program.

Pro tip for Huff:

Score a lot more points and win more games

The fans will come back but it's on you brah

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: svherd, The E-Man

Offline beau42m

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2023, 07:02:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bye

HerdFans.com