Author Topic: Updated ESPN Matchup Predictor and NET rankings  (Read 337 times)

Offline IM4DHERD

Updated ESPN Matchup Predictor and NET rankings
« on: January 14, 2023, 11:02:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After the So, Miss game ESPN still has us losing only @ UL and @ JMU for the rest of the season.  The only one they've missed in conference was the GA Southern game that we slept through.

If correct we finish 14-4 in conference and 25-6 overall

Current NET rankings 11AM 1/14/23:

70   Marshall
    74   Southern Miss.
    87   James Madison
    102   Louisiana   
    114   Troy   
    152   Old Dominion   
    191   Texas St.   
    197   Ga. Southern   
    200   South Alabama   
    219   App State   
    240   Coastal Carolina
    267   Georgia St.   
    300   Arkansas St.   
    308   ULM   
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995

HerdFans.com

Updated ESPN Matchup Predictor and NET rankings
    « on: January 14, 2023, 11:02:42 AM »

Offline herdorbust2

Re: Updated ESPN Matchup Predictor and NET rankings
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 11:07:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU has me scratching my head. I thought they looked very good against us without their top scorer. They got him back after they played us and now lost 3 in a row to Texas St, App St and S Alabama. If we bring it every night we will be fine.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline MUonium

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 11:18:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i still think JMU is one of the best, but so are we.  i still don't think the SBC is very good overall, but we can help grow it.

like any or most years, as we get into more conference games, teams start to figure out how best to defend or how best to attack other teams.  for the most part i think the coaching staff is managing games better this year, so let's hope that continues as teams start to size-up each other.  however, DD did say he doesn't really scout teams since brother Mike told him he didn't need to, but apparently, his assistants do want to!  of course injuries are a wildcard one way or another

Offline svherd

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 11:31:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU is the best team we've played. Certainly the most athletic.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 12:32:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i still think JMU is one of the best, but so are we.  i still don't think the SBC is very good overall, but we can help grow it.

like any or most years, as we get into more conference games, teams start to figure out how best to defend or how best to attack other teams.  for the most part i think the coaching staff is managing games better this year, so let's hope that continues as teams start to size-up each other.  however, DD did say he doesn't really scout teams since brother Mike told him he didn't need to, but apparently, his assistants do want to!  of course injuries are a wildcard one way or another

I don't think he said he doesn't scout them. He said it's not something he spends an enormous amount of time on anymore. He said he used to spend a ton of time on it and Mike basically said lighten up. Get YOUR team ready and stop dwelling on the other team so much.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 01:46:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU has me scratching my head. I thought they looked very good against us without their top scorer. They got him back after they played us and now lost 3 in a row to Texas St, App St and S Alabama. If we bring it every night we will be fine.

It's a matter of matchups, sorta like the schemes that football teams run. We were outmatched against JMU quicker guards, other teams that have beaten them matched up well. We will have to make adjustments next time we play them.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 01:56:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's a matter of matchups, sorta like the schemes that football teams run. We were outmatched against JMU quicker guards, other teams that have beaten them matched up well. We will have to make adjustments next time we play them.

Not buying that. Then how did we destroy App by 26 and then App manhandled JMU? If App matched up to their quick guards why did we destroy Apps guards?

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 02:31:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think he said he doesn't scout them. He said it's not something he spends an enormous amount of time on anymore. He said he used to spend a ton of time on it and Mike basically said lighten up. Get YOUR team ready and stop dwelling on the other team so much.

I was reading on  JMU site about their supposed best player. Sounds like he is a scorer, but takes a lot of shots and is either hot or cold from the 3. Without knowing all the facts, it seems like they player better team ball without him. JMO.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, herdorbust2

Offline Herd72

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 06:15:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tonight?s game scares me. A little let down after being on National TV and some early foul trouble could do us in. Sure hope not. I think Kinsey is due for an absolute monster 35 plus game and tonight would be a good night. Sitting here with CoVid and will be glued to my iPad!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2023, 06:15:58 PM »