Author Topic: I don't know about anyone else  (Read 1045 times)

Online herdorbust2

Re: I don't know about anyone else
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2023, 10:02:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Teams already have.  That is why you see OAK and Micah standing wide open at the top of the key.  Other teams know they don't have to guard against that shot and, likely, hope they take it.

They contribute so much on defense and rebounding they have to be in there, but it does keep the offense from functioning optimally.

No it doesn't keep the offense from functioning. What does everyone suggest, scrap the system and completely change our style of play. Back to the basket? Four corner offense? You run your system and let the guys shoot. You may tell oak and Micah to look for the extra pass and not shoot to quick but you can't tell them not to take a wide open clean three. Everyone knows OAK isn't a great three point shooter but better than what he has done this year because his other two seasons back that up. There will be a game coming up where he may go 3 of 5 and that will be a killer for the other teams and you don't think then they will come out and guard? No way I want to get rid of this system. We are never out of a game with it and it can score points in bunches extremely fast. And it seems our pressure defense is getting better all the time. I loved how the guys jumped in on traps and rotated last game. That was fun to watch.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2023, 10:02:13 AM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2023, 10:16:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would like to hear everyone's fix? Do you sit Oak and Micah? Do you trash the system? And don't say tweak it because you can't tweak it. The system is made to get spacing, everyone shoot the 3 that spreads the floor and opens the lanes. Do we just tell Micah and Oak never shoot a three? Wouldn't that jam the lanes even more if the D knows they are not allowed to shoot? You either stay with the system or scrap it entirely.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #27 on: January 16, 2023, 10:36:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Teams already have.  That is why you see OAK and Micah standing wide open at the top of the key.  Other teams know they don't have to guard against that shot and, likely, hope they take it.

They contribute so much on defense and rebounding they have to be in there, but it does keep the offense from functioning optimally.

They both should be required to shoot a million free throws and 3s lol

That's on DD to get the FT percentage of the team up. It's terrible and will cost us games. Get it fixed now before tourney time

Offline bighat

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2023, 10:49:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny is doing a great job and all the naysayers should be eating crow.  Obinna changes the game when he comes in the game. Setting out Micah
    LOL. Have you been watching the games.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2023, 04:04:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you watch the the other team's defenses Ty when Obina gets the ball out there the defenders are staying in tight because they know he can't make them.  Now if he starts making them yes maybe then the defenses will come out and respect his shot.  Now that just isn't happening.

TRS
    MU 71

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2023, 04:36:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you watch the the other team's defenses Ty when Obina gets the ball out there the defenders are staying in tight because they know he can't make them.  Now if he starts making them yes maybe then the defenses will come out and respect his shot.  Now that just isn't happening.

TRS
    MU 71

So do we take him out or change the offense?

Offline elginherd

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2023, 05:02:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So do we take him out or change the offense?

Neither.
    Even with OAK's masonary, the offense is usually working well and defensively OAK is a big asset.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2023, 05:02:05 PM »