Author Topic: 2-9 game thread  (Read 1045 times)

Offline thunderingon

Re: 2-9 game thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2023, 09:02:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Convincing road conference win.  Took care of business.  Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: jdonaccbus, horsrman, wlf, coalherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2023, 09:02:09 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2023, 09:12:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are a much better offensive team when OAK is on the bench. He kills us on the offensive end. Get some muscle on the 3 freshman and forget the OAK project after this year.

The following users thanked this post: pembrook burrows III, Collis P

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #27 on: February 09, 2023, 09:15:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Smashed them in the end

Good W

Go Herd!

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2023, 09:30:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Curfman went from ice cold to lit!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline coalherd

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2023, 09:33:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are a much better offensive team when OAK is on the bench. He kills us on the offensive end. Get some muscle on the 3 freshman and forget the OAK project after this year.

To me, bust, he just doesn't seem all that enthusiastic to work at and do what he needs to do in other aspects of the game, like rebounding and defense.  On O, somehow he has been led to believe that he is a 3 POINT THREAT, for some reason.  He is needed more to be in position to rebound on the offensive end and get "put back" points, lay-ups, dunks, short jumpers, etc.  But he needs to work at those parts of his game and put forth the effort required to be successful in those areas!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, Collis P

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2023, 09:33:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Curfman went from ice cold to lit!

He is one guy I never worry about. He can be 0-7 and then hit 7 in a row.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, horsrman

Offline herd2win

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2023, 09:35:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Team did what they needed to do.  Any road win is a good win.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2023, 09:37:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To me, bust, he just doesn't seem all that enthusiastic to work at and do what he needs to do in other aspects of the game, like rebounding and defense.  On O, somehow he has been led to believe that he is a 3 POINT THREAT, for some reason.  He is needed more to be in position to rebound on the offensive end and get "put back" points, lay-ups, dunks, short jumpers, etc.  But he needs to work at those parts of his game and put forth the effort required to be successful in those areas!

He is just not a good offensive player. If Danny can't get him to focus more on D and rebounding then he needs to come off the bench. He just kills this team in so many ways offensively. At least Conner has a skill package and a feel for the game. But as long as Danny allows him to play long ball then that is what he will do.

Online jdonaccbus

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2023, 10:04:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Taylor with a bounce back game.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, pembrook burrows III, Collis P, Herd2believe

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #34 on: February 09, 2023, 10:43:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He is just not a good offensive player. If Danny can't get him to focus more on D and rebounding then he needs to come off the bench. He just kills this team in so many ways offensively. At least Conner has a skill package and a feel for the game. But as long as Danny allows him to play long ball then that is what he will do.

The problem with starting Conner is we will get killed inside and his O is poor as well at this stage

It's a no win situation imo

Offline 11-14-70

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2023, 11:19:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What I've been saying for a couple weeks now. Andy and Oak are completely out of control. Andy puts up more wild shots and Oak has bricks for hands.
    [Why don't you give it up, and not come back as herdorbust3?

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #36 on: February 09, 2023, 11:35:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The problem with starting Conner is we will get killed inside and his O is poor as well

It's a no win situation imo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2023, 11:35:04 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2023, 06:40:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What I've been saying for a couple weeks now. Andy and Oak are completely out of control. Andy puts up more wild shots and Oak has bricks for hands.
    [Why don't you give it up, and not come back as herdorbust3?

Facts are facts!!! How about that?

Offline svherd

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2023, 07:45:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A little sloppy in spurts and Taylor does seem out of control at times, but great win. Much better than Coastal. On to another W at GSU.

I like Fricks at the 4. Seems more physical and better offensive skills. Maybe have Obinna coming off the bench. jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2023, 07:49:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A little sloppy in spurts and Taylor does seem out of control at times, but great win. Much better than Coastal. On to another W at GSU.

I like Fricks at the 4. Seems more physical and better offensive skills. Maybe have Obinna coming off the bench. jmo

Out of control maybe but in the end he shot over 51% for the game and over 37% from behind the arc.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, coryherdman69, parshall2marshall, Collis P, horsrman, wlf

Offline svherd

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2023, 07:54:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Out of control maybe but in the end he shot over 51% for the game and over 37% from behind the arc.

Yeah, he put up some numbers but at times his shot selection isn't great and costs us. An extra pass or two doesn't hurt. Like Kinsey last night, had a wide open 14 footer but passed it to Curfman for a wide open 3 while he was hot.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, herdfan93

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2023, 08:06:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Most of the team gives you consistancy. Taylor needs to be a little more selective imo. Yes he had a great game last night but what about the last game at Louisiana when he went 3-15? And the reason for a lot of that is shot selection. Kinsey has done a great job this year of not forcing things and letting the game come to him and he is still getting his points. Oak is also the one that is hard to deal with. You like him on the defensive end but on the offensive end is just brutal. We are one good inside player and playing a little smarter at times from being a really good team.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, pembrook burrows III

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #42 on: February 10, 2023, 08:24:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I just don't see it with Fricks

Terrible shooter from 3 and worse than Obinna on D

The following users thanked this post: pembrook burrows III

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2023, 08:34:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Most of the team gives you consistancy. Taylor needs to be a little more selective imo. Yes he had a great game last night but what about the last game at Louisiana when he went 3-15? And the reason for a lot of that is shot selection. Kinsey has done a great job this year of not forcing things and letting the game come to him and he is still getting his points. Oak is also the one that is hard to deal with. You like him on the defensive end but on the offensive end is just brutal. We are one good inside player and playing a little smarter at times from being a really good team.

Hence my couple of posts with a reference to JT Shumate of Toledo. And amazing what Taylor can do when he is not getting grabbed, held, and bumped all game long.

Probably what we might expect in the Conference tournament and definitely would in the NCAA tournament. If our guys know it is coming perhaps we can better adjust beforehand. I hope I hope.

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline svherd

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2023, 08:38:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Hence my couple of posts with a reference to JT Shumate of Toledo. And amazing what Taylor can do when he is not getting grabbed, held, and bumped all game long.

Probably what we might expect in the Conference tournament and definitely would in the NCAA tournament. If our guys know it is coming perhaps we can better adjust beforehand. I hope I hope.

We have to go into every game thinking it's gonna be physical and adjust accordingly. ULL and JMU have been the most physical teams we've played and we didn't handle either well.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, wlf

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2023, 08:50:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coastal is a bad team and the game was never really in doubt.  Does this win alleviate my concerns about this team?  No, the team is what it is at this point. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2023, 08:55:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have to go into every game thinking it's gonna be physical and adjust accordingly. ULL and JMU have been the most physical teams we've played and we didn't handle either well.

The thing I've noticed is when the opposing defense gives us a little breathing room we flourish on offense. But when we play a tight defensive team we totally crumble and start panicking one on one. That comes down to toughness and the will to succeed. We play way to soft. We correct that and play smarter at times and the sky is the limit. Still waiting for those 2 things.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, svherd, pembrook burrows III

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2023, 08:55:06 AM »

Offline Collis P

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2023, 08:58:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have to go into every game thinking it's gonna be physical and adjust accordingly. ULL and JMU have been the most physical teams we've played and we didn't handle either well.

I agree -  It seems to me that coaches are now trying to double team Taylor (as he controls our offense) and also being physical with him and Micah -  *Yes Taylor takes some risks (shooting and passing) - However watching reruns it's obvious players are standing and watching which creates mistakes (players have to keep moving and passing).  IMO Taylor is the glue that try's to hold this team together!  When he struggles the team struggles!!

And coaches see that and adjust to disrupt him..............
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, pembrook burrows III, horsrman, wlf

Offline bighat

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2023, 08:58:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We won the game.  Bust you remind me of a guy in our church.  He complained about everything.  We collectively told him he was raining on our parade and we did not want hear his complaints.
    We did it in a nice way and he did quit complaining SO MUCH.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, horsrman

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2023, 09:04:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We won the game.  Bust you remind me of a guy in our church.  He complained about everything.  We collectively told him he was raining on our parade and we did not want hear his complaints.
    We did it in a nice way and he did quit complaining SO MUCH.

If you are happy with the way we have played in some of our games then more power to you. I'm not!!! If we get beat and play hard and smart then no problem. But I won't accept no discipline and not showing up for some games especially against really bad teams. But glad you are fine with it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2023, 09:04:31 AM »