Author Topic: Andrew Taylor  (Read 1388 times)

Offline goherd24

Re: Andrew Taylor
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2023, 12:47:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No other coach would be accepting of the "stupid" shots he takes quite often.

They would if they make them. He won the game with one the other night

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2023, 12:47:19 AM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2023, 06:42:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They would if they make them. He won the game with one the other night

They don't always make them. Half hooks from 15 feet that don't hit the backboard isn't good shots. The announcer even said I don't know what that was.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2023, 06:50:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They would if they make them. He won the game with one the other night

Like someone told me a couple games ago. Playing with freedom is one thing. But just playing dumb and not valuing the ball is another. There needs to be a little of both. But Danny doesn't care. Careless passes and any shot is a good one. Just hand them the ball and let them play. When the guys decide to discipline themselves a little they are pretty good. When they decide they want to play wild or not show up that is ok also. That is why one game you beat a S Miss and the next game you lose to mighty Monroe. We are kind of like a box of chocolates.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online whf

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2023, 12:01:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like someone told me a couple games ago. Playing with freedom is one thing. But just playing dumb and not valuing the ball is another. There needs to be a little of both. But Danny doesn't care. Careless passes and any shot is a good one. Just hand them the ball and let them play. When the guys decide to discipline themselves a little they are pretty good. When they decide they want to play wild or not show up that is ok also. That is why one game you beat a S Miss and the next game you lose to mighty Monroe. We are kind of like a box of chocolates.
    I don't think you're correct about Danny not caring, I think he is coaching better judgment, based on his comments on the post game pressers. Poor passing, untimely shots, etc.; he's mentioned it all.  i suspect if he's mentioning it to the public, he's mentioning it to the players too.  Like any concept, it is most effective when employed the way it is designed, not the way individuals adapt it. 

I appreciate your feelings, but do find it odd that in clearly DD's season ever, your more judgmental than ever before.  Maybe, and of course I don't know, it is because you feel it could even be better than it has been.  I think we all recognize we lost a couple we shouldn't have.  But the two this week are a lot more important now that the ones we've lost in the past.

The following users thanked this post: sardistim, horsrman, wlf, The E-Man

Offline bighat

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2023, 12:23:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What games are you watching?  Andrew Taylor is the glue that holds this team together.  You do realize most of the time he makes the circus shots.  I cannot believe people are complaining about Andrew Taylor.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, ru4mu2, wlf, The E-Man

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2023, 12:24:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think you're correct about Danny not caring, I think he is coaching better judgment, based on his comments on the post game pressers. Poor passing, untimely shots, etc.; he's mentioned it all.  i suspect if he's mentioning it to the public, he's mentioning it to the players too.  Like any concept, it is most effective when employed the way it is designed, not the way individuals adapt it. 

I appreciate your feelings, but do find it odd that in clearly DD's season ever, your more judgmental than ever before.  Maybe, and of course I don't know, it is because you feel it could even be better than it has been.  I think we all recognize we lost a couple we shouldn't have.  But the two this week are a lot more important now that the ones we've lost in the past.

He lost me on mainly 3 issues. The Monroe game was a big one. Then adding up was the stretch of careless play and when we went back into our non rebounding mode of the previous nine years. Just watch the games closely and we very rarely block out. Luckily Micah has masked a lot of that with his height and hands. And then his recruiting. I just can't get behind someone that will not get the best player possible to fill a hole that is desperately needed. And actually there is a fourth. I'm tired of hearing him talk about our youth and the other team has these 4 and 5 year players and we are playing freshman and sophomores. He did the same thing last year and still doing it this year. Then correct it coach!!!

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2023, 12:28:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What games are you watching?  Andrew Taylor is the glue that holds this team together.  You do realize most of the time he makes the circus shots.  I cannot believe people are complaining about Andrew Taylor.

I am not talking about those runners like he was doing at the beginning of the year and still does around the basket, out to about 6-8 feet. But when he started throwing those up from 15-16 feet out and not even hitting the rim and missed the backboard once is ridiculous. Even the announcer said I don't know what that was. He can make those closer in and has a very good arsenal when under control. There is a limit to everything including 30 foot 3s like Beyers used to take.

Offline bighat

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2023, 12:31:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Once again, bust where would we be without Andrew Taylor.  You have to be kidding me, once again he is the glue.  He has won us more games than he has lost us.
    He has won much more games than he lost us.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, wlf, The E-Man

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2023, 12:37:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I bet some of these people bitched about Randy Moss when he was here. Geez.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, horsrman, The E-Man, goherd24

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2023, 12:37:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Once again, bust where would we be without Andrew Taylor.  You have to be kidding me, once again he is the glue.  He has won us more games than he has lost us.
    He has won much more games than he lost us.

I realize that and stop twisting my words. All I'm saying is he needs to get his game under control a little. I've never seen a fan base like ours that think it's ok to throw up hooks from 15 feet and make passes that never have a chance. It's not just him. If we cut down and the absolute crazy mistakes we would be 8-10 points better a game.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2023, 12:39:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I bet some of these people bitched about Randy Moss when he was here. Geez.

Lol!!!! 90% of what Andy does is great. But 10% is totally out of control and not needed. But that is what Danny allows.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2023, 02:24:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I am not talking about those runners like he was doing at the beginning of the year and still does around the basket, out to about 6-8 feet. But when he started throwing those up from 15-16 feet out and not even hitting the rim and missed the backboard once is ridiculous. Even the announcer said I don't know what that was. He can make those closer in and has a very good arsenal when under control. There is a limit to everything including 30 foot 3s like Beyers used to take.
    [/quote
    That was one %^&* game you clown, Louisiana. The worst game he has ever played and he followed that up with a career best and sunbelt and national player of the week award. Stop being a hater just to be a hater, you're really making a case for village idiot of herdfans.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2023, 02:24:24 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2023, 04:40:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Everybody needs to lighten up!  They're Both WINNERS!!!!!!!  Nuff Said!!

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2023, 04:43:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I am not talking about those runners like he was doing at the beginning of the year and still does around the basket, out to about 6-8 feet. But when he started throwing those up from 15-16 feet out and not even hitting the rim and missed the backboard once is ridiculous. Even the announcer said I don't know what that was. He can make those closer in and has a very good arsenal when under control. There is a limit to everything including 30 foot 3s like Beyers used to take.
    [/quote
    That was one %^&* game you clown, Louisiana. The worst game he has ever played and he followed that up with a career best and sunbelt and national player of the week award. Stop being a hater just to be a hater, you're really making a case for village idiot of herdfans.

Lol!!!!

Offline Tim Hensley

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2023, 05:34:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know where these people come up with these half-assed opinions.  Taylor is as creative with the ball as Mike Di Antoni and Jon Elmore.  He and Taveon both have been a joy to watch.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, The E-Man, Herdalum83, Wall Jumper 25

HerdFans.com

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2023, 05:34:58 PM »