Author Topic: Brad Smith: A strategic roadmap  (Read 496 times)

Offline GreenDaddy

Brad Smith: A strategic roadmap
« on: February 20, 2023, 02:55:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw this posted on the other board, and wanted to share. Imo, we are extremely lucky to have Brad Smith at the helm of the university right now. A lot of good information in this video if you all have time to watch. It sounds like we are going to do our best to reverse the enrollment situation via online learning programs. Marshalls best days are still ahead with this guy leading us.

https://youtu.be/gk9oforaclA

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, svherd

HerdFans.com

Brad Smith: A strategic roadmap
    « on: February 20, 2023, 02:55:01 PM »

Offline wasbarryb

Re: Brad Smith: A strategic roadmap
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 03:59:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh gosh I don't see him wearing any green.  Is that allowed.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, HerdEcon, pembrook burrows III

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 05:01:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That was impressive! So glad that Marshall hired a great business man to lead the university, no doubt that great things are ahead for the university!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 05:31:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This guy is impressive. Marshall is lucky to have him at this time.

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 05:52:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is clear to see why he successfully ran a Fortune 500 company. When most are confronted with budget deficits , they cower and take the easy way out by cutting. He sees opportunity, and instead goes ALL in and really appears to embrace the challenge.

Marshall couldn't ask for a better leader.

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 05:54:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very good speaker & leader!!! I had a little difficulty following everything that he said. I don't understand how you can reduce student loan debt; it is a great concept....but I would like some detail as to how he/they plan on doing that. The monies have to come from somewhere!!!!

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2023, 05:58:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very good speaker & leader!!! I had a little difficulty following everything that he said. I don't understand how you can reduce student loan debt; it is a great concept....but I would like some detail as to how he/they plan on doing that. The monies have to come from somewhere!!!!

He plans on raising it through donations. He said in an interview we would need 300 million dollars in donations over a 10 year period, and that we raised 180 million over two years in our previous campaign.

Also, every student would still have to fill out a FAFSA form to insure we still got some Federal Government money.
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2023, 06:00:31 PM by MidlandKnight »

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2023, 09:23:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• He plans on raising it through donations. He said in an interview we would need 300 million dollars in donations over a 10 year period, and that we raised 180 million over two years in our previous campaign.

Also, every student would still have to fill out a FAFSA form to insure we still got some Federal Government money.

That is a very high expectation.  Not impossible, but definitely a challenge.  I hope the economy holds up.  I hope Marshall embraces the online learning and becomes the state leader and national player in online learning.  We are going to need some national TV and prominent online ads if we are going to follow the New Hampshire model.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2023, 09:23:09 PM »