Author Topic: Eli Allen is best player in the state  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

Eli Allen is best player in the state
« on: March 16, 2023, 09:39:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/Chuckonsports/status/1636355288780484614?s=20

James Monroe PG 6-3 Eli Allen is the best basketball player in the state. If you don't believe me, just ask Chuck. He was just named the Gatorade Player of the year in WV.

Why isn't Dan going after this guy?  He likes those good 304 boys.

https://www.register-herald.com/sports/mavericks-allen-w-va-gatorade-boys-basketball-player-of-the-year/article_25c44f44-c375-11ed-8062-efd6a2c64d51.html

HerdFans.com

Eli Allen is best player in the state
    « on: March 16, 2023, 09:39:53 AM »

Offline FilmJunky

Re: Eli Allen is best player in the state
    « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 10:00:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What former GPOY in WV has actually excelled in division 1 hoops? Besides OJ, Patterson, Wiggins, McKneely. I'll even throw Luke Frampton and Harler into that mix. Just because they win GPOY does not mean they are cut out for D1 hoops. especially in the state of WV

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 10:01:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What about the 6'7" player from Charleston GW that signed with Ohio U? Did we recruit him?

Offline girthyherdon

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 10:08:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What former GPOY in WV has actually excelled in division 1 hoops? Besides OJ, Patterson, Wiggins, McKneely. I'll even throw Luke Frampton and Harler into that mix. Just because they win GPOY does not mean they are cut out for D1 hoops. especially in the state of WV
    Elmore

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 10:10:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Elmore
    I wish Mikey Johnson was a few inches taller.  Kid has mad hops.  The Boys up on Highlander Hill have a big game tonight vs Morgantown.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 10:57:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Elmore

Last time I checked he did not win player of the year

Offline YaHerd24

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 11:04:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Last time I checked he did not win player of the year
    He won Bill evans player of year. A huntington prep player won gatorade that year If I remember corectly

Offline coalherd

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 04:41:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am sure Coach D and/or some of his staff are observers at the State Tournament this week in Charleston.  Believe one player from a tourney team has already signed with, or committed to, Ohio U.  If nothing else, the MU staff is probably looking at some underclassmen whom they may want to follow closely in the next season or two.  Good luck to Coach D. and staff in recruiting this spring/summer for whomever they may be after as a future HERD player or players!

The following users thanked this post: MarshallMike

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2023, 02:09:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Allen was impressive. He had 29 points in the championship game today versus Tucker County. He was 12 of 16 shooting and 4 of 4 from beyond the arc. He also had 4 assists and 3 steals.

Any chance he could be a preferred walk-on?

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2023, 03:06:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Allen was impressive. He had 29 points in the championship game today versus Tucker County. He was 12 of 16 shooting and 4 of 4 from beyond the arc. He also had 4 assists and 3 steals.

Any chance he could be a preferred walk-on?

how does he compare vs nutter?  lotta people been ragging on nutter, & he got a scholarship...

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2023, 03:36:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• how does he compare vs nutter?  lotta people been ragging on nutter, & he got a scholarship...

On tape he looks much better than Nutter imo. Great court vision.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2023, 08:13:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doesn't Danny need guards who can drive, shoot, handle the ball, etc.?  If not able to help the HERD NOW, maybe can contribute significantly in year or so.  Doesn't he need another 304 guy or two to PROPERLY play "Hillbilly Ball"?

If he doesn't pan out, nothing new in D'Antoni's program.  And between the two I'd rather have an in-state guy on scholly and sitting on the bench than a guy from California, Outer Slovenia, etc., etc.!

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, herdfan129, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2023, 08:13:04 PM »

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2023, 10:38:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has anyone seen him play in person?  He certainly has gaudy numbers. Does anyone know who is looking at him? Maybe there is something legitimate there.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #13 on: March 19, 2023, 12:39:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On tape he looks much better than Nutter imo. Great court vision.

Nutter is a D-2 player until I see otherwise

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, svherd, herdorbust2

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2023, 07:00:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nutter is a D-2 player until I see otherwise
    He will fit right in with Dans recruiting prowess.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2023, 07:44:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope Nutter comes in and blows me away but I find his recruitment a major head scratcher as he does not have any other D1 offers and we only have 1 scholarship to give.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2023, 11:12:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So, are you guys trying to say that the battle to watch next fall during preseason practice will be the one between Braun and Nutter to see just who occupies that "coveted", and never "vacant", 12th, (or is it 13th), spot on the MU bench in the 23-24 season?

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2023, 01:16:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will fit right in with Dans recruiting prowess.

Yep with the way Danny fails to recognize talent and recruits anyone under 170 lbs and breathes.  Then he probably just ran into Nutter at the grocery store and asked if he?s ever seen a gymnasium.  That folks is how it?s done.

Offline svherd

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2023, 07:46:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hope we give the kids a PWO.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, GreenDaddy

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2023, 10:22:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We'll see after Danny has his meetings with the players to see if anyone else decides to leave, but I do find it perplexing that Danny chose to give his only available scholarship (at the time), to a kid with no D1 offers and by his own admission will need at least a year to develop.  The kid might come and surprise everyone like Handlogten did this past season and contribute right away, but the thought process from the staff is they aren't counting on Nutter to contribute next season.  The depth at guard on the team was lacking this past season, now with Kinsey gone, it is lacking even more.  If you are Danny, why wouldn't you earmark your only open  scholarship (again, at the time) to a player who can come in and contribute immediately?         
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 10:27:44 AM by Rockin Herd Fan »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2023, 10:35:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We'll see after Danny has his meetings with the players to see if anyone else decides to leave, but I do find it perplexing that Danny chose to give his only available scholarship (at the time), to a kid with no D1 offers and by his own admission will need at least a year to develop.  The kid might come and surprise everyone like Handlogten did this past season and contribute right away, but the thought process from the staff is they aren't counting on Nutter to contribute next season.  The depth at guard on the team was lacking this past season, now with Kinsey gone, it is lacking even more.  If you are Danny, why wouldn't you earmark your only open  scholarship (again, at the time) to a player who can come in and contribute immediately?       

It will be bad next year but wait in 2 years when Andrew and Curfman leave. There will be no experience coming back. Front court could be good with nobody to get them the ball or score. Things aren't looking good for the future with Dans lack of recruiting.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline YaHerd24

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2023, 11:36:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It will be bad next year but wait in 2 years when Andrew and Curfman leave. There will be no experience coming back. Front court could be good with nobody to get them the ball or score. Things aren't looking good for the future with Dans lack of recruiting.
    It is ignorant to even think multiple years down the road at this point in time. Building a team is year to year with portal. By this time next week our team could look completely different if a couple people leave after their meetings and we hit the portal

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2023, 11:36:14 AM »

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2023, 11:39:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is ignorant to even think multiple years down the road at this point in time. Building a team is year to year with portal. By this time next week our team could look completely different if a couple people leave after their meetings and we hit the portal

Yes it could but it's ignorant to think Danny will change.

Offline YaHerd24

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2023, 11:51:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes it could but it's ignorant to think Danny will change.
    It is ignorant to think that he will not change. He starteed to come around by getting curfmann. Think he is just changing a little too slow

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2023, 12:16:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is ignorant to think that he will not change. He starteed to come around by getting curfmann. Think he is just changing a little too slow

Very slow. Need to recruit players that other D1 teams recruit also.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2023, 12:16:46 PM »