Author Topic: Marshall at Ohio State in 24  (Read 1714 times)

Offline MUsince96

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon, HoPPy785, GreenDaddy, herdfan129, Nicks Pizza

HerdFans.com

Marshall at Ohio State in 24
« on: May 10, 2023, 03:18:13 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Assistant Coach
  • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
Re: Marshall at Ohio State in 24
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 03:40:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Online GreenDaddy

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 03:43:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon, herdfan129

Online herd1990

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 03:49:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Spears announced this last week on the Thunder Trust site.  Says the $1.6 mil will go a long ways for all the Herd programs.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, HerdEcon

Offline Big City

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 03:58:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One might speculate some of that .6 might be payment to another school for moving/swapping dates around.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline mxman870

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 04:07:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fantastic opportunity to pork the Suckeyes

Huff better develop an O pronto

Go Herd!
    Dream on Alice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 06:13:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The winner in this matchup is the $1.6 mil. Exposure doesn't hurt either.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, HerdEcon

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 06:22:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Be nice to take another big dog down on their home turf while collecting a big payday.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, parshall2marshall, HoPPy785

Offline Nicks Pizza

• Rookie
    • In this world there are no sides
    « Reply #8 on: May 10, 2023, 06:34:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I might have missed it, when is their return trip to Huntington scheduled?

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, beau42m

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #9 on: May 10, 2023, 06:38:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dream on Alice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you a Marshall fan?

The following users thanked this post: Big City, HerdEcon

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2023, 11:24:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff +1. 

These are the type of games and exposure Huff expects.  A chance to win and advance his career.  Just like the Notre Dame win.  Good for him and good for Marshall. 

Win the games you are supposed to win and a few you aren't.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, chris88, The E-Man, HoPPy785

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2023, 12:17:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I might have missed it, when is their return trip to Huntington scheduled?
    They're coming twice to the Joan. It's the only way Marshall would go to Columbus.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2023, 12:17:48 AM »

Offline Nicks Pizza

• Rookie
    • In this world there are no sides
    « Reply #12 on: May 11, 2023, 12:22:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They're coming twice to the Joan. It's the only way Marshall would go to Columbus.
    Excellent. Smart on our part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline coalherd

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2023, 01:15:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They're coming twice to the Joan. It's the only way Marshall would go to Columbus.

OSU also agreed to a basketball game with the HERD at a neutral site like Cincy, Cleveland, etc.  Spears angled for a "home and home" roundball deal, but OSU was adamant that there was "no way" their Cagers would prank with Danny's "powerhouse" in the CAM!!!

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, herdinphilly, chris88

Offline svherd

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2023, 07:44:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great pick up by Spears and Co. 2024 OOC now has games at OSU and Va Tech. Extremely challenging for our crew.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, whf, The E-Man

Offline chris88

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2023, 09:54:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff +1. 

These are the type of games and exposure Huff expects.  A chance to win and advance his career.  Just like the Notre Dame win.  Good for him and good for Marshall. 

Agree.  He did the second part, hopefully he gets more consistent at the first part (BG, Louisiana etc) and we can compete for league title.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon

Offline MUther

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2023, 03:55:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • People will remember 2022 ND game in 2024.  There will be interest and expectation even if it will be monumentally harder to beat Ohio State.  But we've almost done it before.  Just need the right turnover at the right time to pull away.  We'll not outclass a team like that with talent and depth.  But we'll have heart and that can be enough with a little help.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, NewfieHerdFan, Johns1124, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, luckytoes99

Offline beau42m

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2023, 05:37:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff +1. 

Huff didn't have long to celebrate the Notre Dame win. Maybe he celebrated too much.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline MUther

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2023, 05:59:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff didn't have long to celebrate the Notre Dame win. Maybe he celebrated too much.

I think his hangover and whatever happened between him and the line coach set us back a couple games last year.  Certainly BG and Louisiana.  Don't know if we could have beaten Troy's D or Coastal's O.  But I think he earned the right to try again by regrouping and not giving up.  Once the season got away from us with a different coach at the helm it was over.  Last year could easily have been that.  But if he doesn't come up with some kind of offense this year that can sustain drives and score more than we allow scored, I'll be ready to move on and everyone will know about it.  I'm not shy...

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, Flat Tire 2, beau42m

Offline coalherd

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2023, 12:35:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great pick up by Spears and Co. 2024 OOC now has games at OSU and Va Tech. Extremely challenging for our crew.

Herd needs a breakout season in 23, IMO.  A sparkling record and a good bowl win over a quality opponent could make for some really, really heightened interest for the 24 season.  I know from past experiences when the Green and White played down in Blacksburg, that a very loud and vocal contingent of HERD fans will be in Lane Stadium when "Enter Sandman" and the Hokies make their appearance!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline svherd

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2023, 07:56:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff didn't have long to celebrate the Notre Dame win. Maybe he celebrated too much.

I give the man credit for turning the season around after ULL and finishing strong. I highly doubt the previous staff would have had such a turn around. History tells us, they would have sunk deeper into the loser abyss.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, lexkyherdfan, NewfieHerdFan, Johns1124, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, puma

Offline beau42m

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2023, 05:34:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I give the man credit for turning the season around after ULL and finishing strong. I highly doubt the previous staff would have had such a turn around. History tells us, they would have sunk deeper into the loser abyss.
    That's pure speculation on your part. If and only when Huff wins either a Division or Conference title can your viewpoint can even start to enter the realm of credibility. And thus far Huff has only third and second place Divisional finishes to his credit. And a 13-10 overall record Vs FBS schools.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2023, 05:34:41 PM »

Offline whf

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2023, 05:45:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This program is much more solid and highly regarded among its own players than it was three years ago.  There is no doubt, however, that Huff is a talker. Much more needs to be accomplished, but hey, i'm not arguing with season opening trips with wins at Navy and Notre Dame. 

Let's start thinking about how we support the Herd, do our jobs, make it hard for the best available players to turn down playing at MU.  That's our challenge. Huff has his own; are we doing better than him? I'm doubting it, quite frankly.

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2023, 05:47:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's pure speculation on your part. If and only when Huff wins either a Division or Conference title can your viewpoint can even start to enter the realm of credibility. And thus far Huff has only third and second place Divisional finishes to his credit. And a 13-10 overall record Vs FBS schools.

I agree that he needs to win a conference champion, but the SBC is definitely a step up from CUSA in football. If he loses a game at home like we did in the Doc era; Akron 65-38 or a road game like Doc did at wvu 69-34, fire him. We keep Doc too long and he almost destroyed the program.

I think most of us will never get over Doc choking the home game against wvu. MU should have fired Doc years before he was finally let go. We can't make a mistake that again!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, The E-Man

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2023, 05:48:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have very little chance to win
    Of course there are other variables involved
    Wonder what the spread might be
    I say -33

HerdFans.com