Author Topic: Marshall at Ohio State in 24  (Read 1708 times)

Offline muherd34

Re: Marshall at Ohio State in 24
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2023, 07:52:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have very little chance to win
    Of course there are other variables involved
    Wonder what the spread might be
    I say -33

I wish you and be beau42 would go play in traffic together...blindfolded.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, ru4mu2, Johnnyherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2023, 07:52:55 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2023, 11:44:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff didn't have long to celebrate the Notre Dame win. Maybe he celebrated too much.

In reality, MU should NEVER, NEVER scheduled a game AT Bowling Green again without an Open date the week before!!!

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2023, 09:53:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In reality, MU should NEVER, NEVER scheduled a game AT Bowling Green again without an Open date the week before!!!

if we need 2 wks to prepare for BG when run-of-the-mill MAC schools win at BG regularly with only 1 wk to prep, our program is in really sorry shape

Offline breckjimison

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2023, 11:34:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The winner in this matchup is the $1.6 mil. Exposure doesn't hurt either.
    I just saw on FB that USM has agreed to play OSU in Columbus on September 2024. USM was guaranteed $1.9M for the one time game. I wonder why they are worth $300,000 more than MU?
    And it seems that OSU is scheduling more G-5 teams now just in time for the new playoff system starting in 2024. Looks like they are trying to pad their schedule but that is going to hurt their SOS and that will count bigtime for the playoffs.

Offline breckjimison

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2023, 11:36:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just saw on FB that USM has agreed to play OSU in Columbus on September 2024. USM was guaranteed $1.9M for the one time game. I wonder why they are worth $300,000 more than MU?
    And it seems that OSU is scheduling more G-5 teams now just in time for the new playoff system starting in 2024. Looks like they are trying to pad their schedule but that is going to hurt their SOS and that will count bigtime for the playoffs.
    But could you imagine if both SunBelt teams beat OSU in 2024? Wow! That would be great for us!!!

Offline andy31

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2023, 10:07:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just saw on FB that USM has agreed to play OSU in Columbus on September 2024. USM was guaranteed $1.9M for the one time game. I wonder why they are worth $300,000 more than MU?

I have no knowledge of how these contracts work, but I'd wonder if that is just an additional allowance for travel.  They'll have to charter a flight where we can bus to Columbus.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, svherd, jdonaccbus, chris88, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan

Online MUfan08

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2023, 11:12:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The BIG are going to 9 conference games, so it evens out for a lighter OOC.

Offline MUther

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2023, 12:11:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's pure speculation on your part. If and only when Huff wins either a Division or Conference title can your viewpoint can even start to enter the realm of credibility. And thus far Huff has only third and second place Divisional finishes to his credit. And a 13-10 overall record Vs FBS schools.

We were the only team in the east with 1 loss in the east.  We were also the only team in the east who played the previous champions and the current champions in cross division.  And we happened to catch them during that 3 game stint when the wheels fell off.  If we'd had the benefit of playing USM like CCU did and the fact they lost to Troy by 20+ points and let them score 40+ points, then we win the division.  I know if if if, but the point is we were there and that cross division games shouldn't determine Division champs unless there is a tie within the division...because it's not equitable play vs the west teams.

I mean JMU was whining because they beat CCU, but they played Texas St and stAte cross division.  If we'd had that cross division schedule we only lose one game all year in conference, everything else being the same.

In terms of most wins in the division we were the top dog with only one loss.  Not too much of a stretch to conclude we won our division, but lost the war.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2023, 01:30:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The B1G Ten has been at 9 conference games since 2016.

OSU's scheduling philosophy hasn't changed. They've been pretty consistent with their OOC games being 2 G5/FCS + 1 marquee P5 with the occasional 3 G5/FCS.

2024 is one of the exception years and then they resume home-and-homes with Georgia, Bama, Texas, and Oregon over the next decade.

Online HerdEcon

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2023, 05:47:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We were the only team in the east with 1 loss in the east.  We were also the only team in the east who played the previous champions and the current champions in cross division.  And we happened to catch them during that 3 game stint when the wheels fell off.  If we'd had the benefit of playing USM like CCU did and the fact they lost to Troy by 20+ points and let them score 40+ points, then we win the division.  I know if if if, but the point is we were there and that cross division games shouldn't determine Division champs unless there is a tie within the division...because it's not equitable play vs the west teams.

I mean JMU was whining because they beat CCU, but they played Texas St and stAte cross division.  If we'd had that cross division schedule we only lose one game all year in conference, everything else being the same.

In terms of most wins in the division we were the top dog with only one loss.  Not too much of a stretch to conclude we won our division, but lost the war.

Regarding cross division SBC games next season.  We drop Troy and Louisiana but pick up South Alabama and AState.  Troy and South Alabama both finished last season 7-1 in conference play.  Troy lost to App State and USA lost to Troy.  Louisiana finished the season 4-4 in conference and 4th in SBC Group B due to their loss to SoMiss who also finished 4-4 in conference play. 

AState should be better in 2023 than they were in 2022.  They have the 2nd highest ranked recruiting class in SBC.  It looks like ASU made good use of the transfer portal.  ASU landed quarterback J.T. Shrout in the transfer portal.  JT played 2 years at Tennessee before playing last season at Colorado.  JT hasn't lived up to expectations on the college level but he gets a fresh start and has plenty of game experience.  They also picked up 4 offensive linemen from P5 schools and all 4 tip the scales over 300lbs.  Plus a couple speedy receivers from South Carolina and Syracuse.  Of course it could just be lipstick on a pig. 

The following users thanked this post: chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2023, 05:47:08 PM »