Author Topic: Latest Taylor News  (Read 1879 times)

Offline mubowhunter

The following users thanked this post: wlf, HoPPy785

HerdFans.com

Latest Taylor News
« on: May 11, 2023, 07:18:36 PM »

Offline MUther

Re: Latest Taylor News
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 07:28:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He isn't a member of the Herd anymore.  Don't care.  I guess we can tell recruits they can come here and get a chance to play for Kentucky just like Taylor.  Maybe we should pipeline for them in exchange for a charity game every season the way we've made FSU our b!tch in football, only we don't even give them a game.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, Big City, svherd, Flat Tire 2

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 07:38:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He isn't a member of the Herd anymore.  Don't care.  I guess we can tell recruits they can come here and get a chance to play for Kentucky just like Taylor.  Maybe we should pipeline for them in exchange for a charity game every season the way we've made FSU our b!tch in football, only we don't even give them a game.

I could care less about him at this point but I?m sure some does.  This is why I shared.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Collis P, HoPPy785

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 07:55:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With all due respect, if scroll down there is a thread that you may want to check  "Enough of Taylor".

The following users thanked this post: Big City, ed swain

Offline WindMillersDad

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 09:30:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • quick question ..... if he would have stated on Senior Night that he was leaving ..... would all you all still be as pissed ?

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 09:50:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • quick question ..... if he would have stated on Senior Night that he was leaving ..... would all you all still be as pissed ?

Only thing I?m upset about is renewing the head coach?s contract.  If anyone is upset then shame on them.  I don?t care who you are!  You just can?t turn down money like that.

The following users thanked this post: wlf, HerdsHerd, ThunderCat98, herdfan129

Offline elginherd

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 10:18:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I'm not pissed at him at all, nor am I pissed at DD for losing Taylor or MH. Now his game management during the last 5-6 minutes of the tourney loss is cringe-worthy.

Look at the list of programs that Taylor from which he says he's received interest..
    Marshall transfer Andrew Taylor tells me that he's receiving interest from the following programs:

Mississipi State
    Indiana
    Ole Miss
    Auburn
    Utah
    Michigan
    Kentucky
    Florida
    Richmond
    Kansas State
    Pitt
    Miami
    BC
    Xavier
    LSU
    Florida State
    Wichita State
    UCF
    Memphis
    Louisville

Are any of these a step down from the Herd?
    Can the NIL money be matched or approached here?
    Taylor may have had every intention of staying, or he may have been looking around...either way there is nothing that either MH or AT did that was unethical. I know that I have left jobs for better circumstances. I would bet that most of the HFs, even those who are pissed, have done the same. Shake his hand, wish him well & move on.
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 10:27:50 PM by elginherd »
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: jordo7, Collis P, chris88, wlf, mubowhunter

Offline pricherd

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2023, 10:47:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe Huggins can recommend him to Xavier?

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Online herd2win

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023, 05:43:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not pissed at him at all, nor am I pissed at DD for losing Taylor or MH. Now his game management during the last 5-6 minutes of the tourney loss is cringe-worthy.

Look at the list of programs that Taylor from which he says he's received interest..
    Marshall transfer Andrew Taylor tells me that he's receiving interest from the following programs:

Mississipi State
    Indiana
    Ole Miss
    Auburn
    Utah
    Michigan
    Kentucky
    Florida
    Richmond
    Kansas State
    Pitt
    Miami
    BC
    Xavier
    LSU
    Florida State
    Wichita State
    UCF
    Memphis
    Louisville

Are any of these a step down from the Herd?
    Can the NIL money be matched or approached here?
    Taylor may have had every intention of staying, or he may have been looking around...either way there is nothing that either MH or AT did that was unethical. I know that I have left jobs for better circumstances. I would bet that most of the HFs, even those who are pissed, have done the same. Shake his hand, wish him well & move on.

Yes he did do something wrong.  MU gave him what he asked for to stay and then he used that to get a better offer.  He lied about staying.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, svherd

Offline puma

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2023, 07:50:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't blame someone for leaving to chase a 6-figure payout.

I'm more frustrated with the coach that we have for 3 more years who seemingly can't manage close games and is completely incapable of navigating the new era of the portal.

And it's only compounded by playing in downgraded conference and not being able to capitalize on it. It's like deja vu all over again with football in C-USA 3.0.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, chris88, Flat Tire 2, herdfifteen, miltonherdfan, beau42m, ThunderCat98, scope58

Offline elginherd

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2023, 08:19:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes he did do something wrong.  MU gave him what he asked for to stay and then he used that to get a better offer.  He lied about staying.

Really?
    From Taylor's POV, he used that as leverage.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: ThunderCat98

Offline chris88

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2023, 08:26:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't blame someone for leaving to chase a 6-figure payout.

I'm more frustrated with the coach that we have for 3 more years who seemingly can't manage close games and is completely incapable of navigating the new era of the portal.

And it's only compounded by playing in downgraded conference and not being able to capitalize on it. It's like deja vu all over again with football in C-USA 3.0.

Agree. If we had more talent, everyone back, and were favorite for SB title it would be different.  As it stands he would be expected to do even more here next year and we'd still likely be a .500 team with a poor schedule.  What he asked from MU was reasonable. His circumstances changed. If you turned down a job because the current company gave you what you wanted and then were offered triple the salary somewhere else you would leave asap or regret the decision many times over. And he would be dumb to not look at what else is being offered beyond what Ole Miss etc is offering him.  He could cash in AND have the chance to play in NCAA tourney. It's called operating from a position of strength, even if some of us think these donors are idiots. He must be pinching himself thinking he must be dreaming.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: wlf, beau42m

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2023, 08:26:55 AM »

Offline forphase1

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2023, 08:41:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes he did do something wrong.  MU gave him what he asked for to stay and then he used that to get a better offer.  He lied about staying.

I agree 100%.  Sure, chase the money,  but don't be a liar about it.   It's one thing to say coach I plan to come back,  but I'm keeping my options open versus coach in your man,  I'll definitely be here next year.   To all indications he gave Dan and Marshall his word, then broke it.   Now I realize in today's world breaking a promise or lying is something most don't care about.   But for me it still shows the quality and character of a person.   And Taylor showed his lack of character and quality by handling things in this fashion.   As did anyone else who transfers after giving their word they were staying.

Let's Go Herd! 

Final Rankings: 1999 - #10 (AP & ESPN), #12 (BCS); 2001 - #21 (ESPN); 2002 - #24 (AP), #19 (ESPN), 2014 - #22 (coaches), #23 (AP)

Championships: 1925 WVIAC, 1928 WVIAC, 1931 WVIAC, 1937 Buckeye Conference, 1988 Southern Conference, 1992 I-AA, 1994 Southern Conference, 1996 Southern Conference, 1996 I-AA (15-0), 1997 MAC, 1998 MAC, 1998 Motor City, 1999 MAC (13-0), 1999 Motor City, 2000 MAC, 2000 Motor City, 2001 GMAC, 2002 MAC, 2002 GMAC, 2009 Pizza Bowl, 2011 Beef O Brady Bowl, 2013 Military Bowl, 2014 Boca Raton Bowl, 2015 St. Petersburg Bowl, 2017 New Mexico Bowl, 2018 Gasparilla Bowl.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, yogiherd, parshall2marshall, jdonaccbus, Herdmeister, muherd34, AEOS, horsrman, herd247

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2023, 05:47:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD has about 55ppg he needs to makeup to win SBC.  Good grief.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herdorbust2

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2023, 05:53:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD has about 55ppg he needs to makeup to win SBC.  Good grief.

I wonder if he?s on the phone now to try and elevate the program?

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #15 on: May 12, 2023, 06:48:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • See I think the main reason Taylor score so much is because it he had a perpetual green light to take any and every shot his heart desired.   I hope he goes somewhere where he get 10-12 mins a game and scores 8 points.  He's not going to get the opportunity to miss 3 layups with the game on the line.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2023, 07:27:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • See I think the main reason Taylor score so much is because it he had a perpetual green light to take any and every shot his heart desired.   I hope he goes somewhere where he get 10-12 mins a game and scores 8 points.  He's not going to get the opportunity to miss 3 layups with the game on the line.

He never seemed to value a possession.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2023, 07:43:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He never seemed to value a possession.

We never value a possession.

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline coalherd

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2023, 12:28:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Since in is now May 13th, I guess the Portal is officially "closed".  Meaning, I guess players can no longer enter it, but if already in they can still be recruited and sign somewhere else (or go back to the last school where they were if that school will take them back).  Hopefully, Danny and staff are still "recruiting".  However, I know his basketball camps are coming up shortly and I've got a feeling that could be his main impetus right now going forward.  Means extra $$$$ for him and any assistant coaches he hires to work said camps!!

Offline wlf

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2023, 07:36:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You had three people that could score on last year's team, Kinsey , Taylor, and Curfman who doesn't create.

Kinsey concentrated on seeing the floor and assisting to improve his stock in his overall game. Taylor continued to improve his driving ability and worked on that. Kinsey would hog the ball several games, especially in the second half, like Taylor because we needed points, and somebody has to bring them.

A lot of the top programs in the country think he is worth about a half $1 million, so I think all the sour grapes are just that real sour grapes from miserable people. Blame the system, not someone offered a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Really enjoyed taylor's time here and we're definitely going to miss him , but he'd be crazy not to take the money. And I hope I get to watch him excel wherever he ends up.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2023, 07:47:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Since in is now May 13th, I guess the Portal is officially "closed".  Meaning, I guess players can no longer enter it, but if already in they can still be recruited and sign somewhere else (or go back to the last school where they were if that school will take them back).  Hopefully, Danny and staff are still "recruiting".  However, I know his basketball camps are coming up shortly and I've got a feeling that could be his main impetus right now going forward.  Means extra $$$$ for him and any assistant coaches he hires to work said camps!!

The staff has been on the road every weekend including this one attending AAU events. Danny does not take a penny from his camps. All that money goes to the players, managers and assistants that run the camp
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: HerdMan84, horsrman

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2023, 07:59:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will never speak his name again     Nor will anyone in my immediate family

The following users thanked this post: wlf

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2023, 07:59:50 AM »

Online herd2win

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2023, 09:30:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The staff has been on the road every weekend including this one attending AAU events. Danny does not take a penny from his camps. All that money goes to the players, managers and assistants that run the camp

He shouldnt be at these AAU events.  Has he not learned from his mistakes?  Go after only portal players.  It does a school lime MU no good to recruit high school kids any longer.  Danny has missed in so many and if he dies hit on one, a larger school will grab them up.

Offline scope58

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2023, 09:30:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I think your gonna see that happen

Offline MUonium

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2023, 09:33:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will never speak his name again     Nor will anyone in my immediate family

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2023, 09:33:34 AM »