Author Topic: Gave it everything !  (Read 734 times)

Offline Stripeshrt

Gave it everything !
« on: May 13, 2023, 03:47:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Valiant performance by Sydney Nestor! Unfortunately bats didn?t follow. HP was very inconsistent but that didn?t bet them , both teams played with same umpire. Just one bad pitch, 1-0 La. Been a good season Ladies.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93

HerdFans.com

Gave it everything !
    « on: May 13, 2023, 03:47:33 PM »

Offline luvherd

Re: Gave it everything !
    « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 03:49:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Louisiana pitcher was dominant. Nestor pitched well also.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 03:52:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Louisiana pitcher was dominant. Nestor pitched well also.

It helped that she got every pitch call on the outside in the first 3 innings. She got every call on the outside. It forced Marshall hitters to chase some bad balls as the game went on.

The Sunbelt should be ashamed of that announcing crew. Completely biased.....and that play-by-play guy even said "weak hack" on one of our at bats. What the hell?!?!?!

The Louisiana announcers made it like it was a 15-0 game. It wasn't. Just one bad pitch was it. They gave zero credit to Marshall. I hope Louisiana goes out early.
    « Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 03:59:19 PM by jdonaccbus »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, usedcars1

Offline herdloyal

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 04:02:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What happened to neutral fields for tournaments looked like home-cooking going on.

Offline Stripeshrt

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 04:05:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree, I thought they felt MU didn?t belong. Umpiring very inconsistent. You can b bad, just b consistent bad, don?t flip flop.I don?t hope they go out early, this conf is good softball and good for us, we were 1 pitch away.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, jdonaccbus

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2023, 04:08:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree, I thought they felt MU didn?t belong. Umpiring very inconsistent. You can b bad, just b consistent bad, don?t flip flop.I don?t hope they go out early, this conf is good softball and good for us, we were 1 pitch away.

I can't control umpiring, but that announcing has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

I am hammered....I won't lie. But Marshall was playing for a championship and I had the grill out early and I started drinking early. That is the way I work. I am ticked on this announcing crew......"weak hack".......it was awful all game.

I like our coach and players. Our coach used the portal how you should and brought in some impact players. She brought in some good freshman. You know Dan, can you please get with the times. I am so proud of those Marshall players. Those announcers made it like it was a blowout. Just one pitch. Man, I thought we would pull it out after that double-play. So proud of those ladies.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, Big City, parshall2marshall

Offline Stripeshrt

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2023, 04:14:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree re announcing! Yesterday, I felt they gave us great respect, today not so!

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2023, 05:20:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • LAFAYETTE, La. (WSAZ) - The Marshall softball team got stymied by a sophomore from Louisiana this afternoon as the Ragin? Cajuns won their fourth straight Sun Belt championship. Louisiana pitcher Sam Landry allowed just one hit and struck out 11 Marshall batters to help them get the 1-0 win.

Herd pitcher Sydney Nester was equally impressive except for one pitch when Lauren Allred hit a solo home run in the bottom of the fourth inning to give them a lead they never lost. The Ragin? Cajuns are the Sun Belt Conference?s automatic bid to the 2023 NCAA softball tournament while Marshall is hoping to get an at-large bid. The tournament selection show is Sunday night at 7 p.m.

Marshall?s record falls to 45-10.

https://www.wsaz.com/2023/05/13/its-four-peat-cajuns/

Offline WindMillersDad

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2023, 05:55:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What happened to neutral fields for tournaments looked like home-cooking going on.

just like every other championship in the SunBelt and previously in CUSA ..... tournament are bid on and selected years in advance ... nest years tournament is being hosted by Texas State !

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, HerdMan84

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2023, 06:07:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need to either build or renovate our facility to qualify for hosting a regional. We need to be able to host a conference tournament. The fact we built a stadium with no vision whatsoever of ever being good is... well... was on brand for the time. We have a lot of facilities that need a lot of work. Softball should be on that list somewhere.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline svherd

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2023, 06:09:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Basically what we did in the 1AA playoffs. Outbid everyone else

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, whf

Offline chris88

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2023, 06:43:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great historical season!  Holding out hope for slim postseason chance but either way this team should be applauded. I watched more MU softball than I ever have this season.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, mu79grad

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2023, 06:43:08 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2023, 08:08:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lyon said the schedule may keep them from getting a bid. Hopefully this will help with next years and future schedules. Gotta play tough teams OOC to get in the big dance

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2023, 08:28:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lyon said the schedule may keep them from getting a bid. Hopefully this will help with next years and future schedules. Gotta play tough teams OOC to get in the big dance

What is always dismissed here is that scheduling is a two-way street.

Offline svherd

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 10:10:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is always dismissed here is that scheduling is a two-way street.

The big programs aren't gonna come here. Bama and Tech did via extenuating circumstances. I would look for Lyon to schedule more away games with power programs and look to build more 1-1 with Top 50 programs.
    Same should be done for men's b'ball.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: luvherd, Stripeshrt, chris88, Flat Tire 2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 10:10:59 AM »