Author Topic: Looks like DD is still looking in the portal.  (Read 4906 times)

Offline coalherd

Re: Looks like DD is still looking in the portal.
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2023, 08:55:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Tough %^&*. He can stay as a walk-on if he wants. He can take out a loan for the one class if he wants.

Keeping him on scholarship is complete BS and why I stopped supporting DD before it was cool to do so.

Simple solution:  give him enough NIL funds to cover tuition, expenses, etc., allowing him to take the course ON-LINE from either GRAND CANYON U. or SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE!!  Those two apparently have EVERY COURSE on EVERYTHING on-line that, again apparently, ANYONE can take at ANY TIME.  Tell him to take it ASAP, and have his degree ready when course is completed.  Frees up a Scholly for 23-24!  PROBLEM SOLVED!! (As someone once said).

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2023, 08:55:03 PM »

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2023, 11:30:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Simple solution:  give him enough NIL funds to cover tuition, expenses, etc., allowing him to take the course ON-LINE from either GRAND CANYON U. or SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE!!  Those two apparently have EVERY COURSE on EVERYTHING on-line that, again apparently, ANYONE can take at ANY TIME.  Tell him to take it ASAP, and have his degree ready when course is completed.  Frees up a Scholly for 23-24!  PROBLEM SOLVED!! (As someone once said).
    Does MU accept credits from GCU or SNH? Would his degree be from MU or one of those two?

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2023, 11:58:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does MU accept credits from GCU or SNH? Would his degree be from MU or one of those two?

It has been declared:
     MU will except credits internationally with just one exception,
    NO WVU credits accepted!

Offline coalherd

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2023, 01:05:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does MU accept credits from GCU or SNH? Would his degree be from MU or one of those two?

Pretty sure if he takes a class from one of those 2 which helps complete his degree requirements at MU, the degree would be from Marshall, if it accepts his work/grade at the other school.  Doubt if ANY school would grant him a degree after he completed one class at that school.  But, hey, these are obvious strange and somewhat chaotic times in the World of Higher ED!!

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline coalherd

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2023, 01:13:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, take "heart" Herd Fans!!! According to "Done Deal" Chuck Landon's latest column (Wednesday) Voyles career in future college basketball at Marshall is a "DONE DEAL"!!!

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2023, 04:42:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well sh!t i guess Voyles won't be wearing a MU jersey next year! 

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2023, 04:52:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well sh!t i guess Voyles won't be wearing a MU jersey next year!

It was official today.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2023, 04:57:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08

Online overherd1

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2023, 05:19:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Welcome to Marshall University young man.  Hope your time here is full of wins!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, kpimichael, horsrman

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2023, 05:50:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, kpimichael

Offline herd2win

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2023, 06:39:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He should definitely help, welcome to MU.

Offline Buffalo Bop

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2023, 06:41:12 PM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2023, 08:43:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like he?s been in a weight room.  Hopefully he?s still allowed to do so at MU.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MicDrass1, herdorbust2

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2023, 11:37:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I honestly think he?s better than Taylor. Can?t wait to see what he does in our system.

Need at least 1 more guy.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Herdalum83

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2023, 11:52:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I honestly think he?s better than Taylor. Can?t wait to see what he does in our system.

Need at least 1 more guy.

I like him also but we just don't have enough shooters for this system. I just don't see how McKee, Toussaint, Obinna and Martin fit the spread and shoot the 3 system Danny runs? I'm ok with a couple rotating at the 5 with more guards. But we are too heavy with non shooters. Also defense is a huge worry this year imo.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2023, 01:13:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Need at least 1 more guy.

well, we're out of scholarships.  & we all know dan's not gonna run anyone off.  so, we are what we are.

Offline svherd

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2023, 08:35:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think he and Martin can help. Conner, Obinna and Curfman will have to up their games as well.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2023, 08:50:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think he and Martin can help. Conner, Obinna and Curfman will have to up their games as well.

Offensively around the basket Martin will help. But he is a defensive liability. Our D is going to be very worrisome.

Offline whf

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2023, 10:50:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is pretty safe to say we will have a challenging year; it is also very easy to see how folks who've not played a lot will get their chance to play more, perhaps not being afraid to get "sat" every time they make a simple mistake. Taking away the fear of being yanked at every second minute on the court can certainly up one's confidence and performance.

No doubt that DD was taken abit advantage of by a couple players leaving via the portal; hope he's learned his lesson and understands that he can depend on loyalty to, and love for, Marshall only to a limited level.  Marshall isn't a destination to most of these kids, its an opportunity to play and a path to the future.  Fewer are built like DD's loyalty than he ever imagined.  Lesson learned?  I sure hope, for all our good.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, wlf, overherd1, herdorbust2

Offline herd2win

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2023, 11:32:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is pretty safe to say we will have a challenging year; it is also very easy to see how folks who've not played a lot will get their chance to play more, perhaps not being afraid to get "sat" every time they make a simple mistake. Taking away the fear of being yanked at every second minute on the court can certainly up one's confidence and performance.

No doubt that DD was taken abit advantage of by a couple players leaving via the portal; hope he's learned his lesson and understands that he can depend on loyalty to, and love for, Marshall only to a limited level.  Marshall isn't a destination to most of these kids, its an opportunity to play and a path to the future.  Fewer are built like DD's loyalty than he ever imagined.  Lesson learned?  I sure hope, for all our good.

DD doesn't have loyalty to MU, it is MU that has loyalty to DD by keep paying him almost a million dollars a year with little results.  DD is mistakenly loyal to players which is not the way to be as a coach in today's climate.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2023, 11:55:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD doesn't have loyalty to MU, it is MU that has loyalty to DD by keep paying him almost a million dollars a year with little results.  DD is mistakenly loyal to players which is not the way to be as a coach in today's climate.

My biggest beef with Danny is him keeping all these players that can't play at this level. I know he thinks he is doing the right thing because he made the mistake of signing them. But what about the fans and the school? Why should we pay with a mediocre product when he can move them out and they can STILL get an education somewhere else? Now we will probably have Nutter and Crawford joining that same group and be on the bench 3-4 years. I think Voyles was a decent get but why not try and get 2-3 Voyles? So frustrating because it's not that Danny can't get it done, but he just refuses to take the steps to make it happen.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2023, 11:55:27 AM »

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2023, 12:18:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• My biggest beef with Danny is him keeping all these players that can't play at this level. I know he thinks he is doing the right thing because he made the mistake of signing them. But what about the fans and the school? Why should we pay with a mediocre product when he can move them out and they can STILL get an education somewhere else? Now we will probably have Nutter and Crawford joining that same group and be on the bench 3-4 years. I think Voyles was a decent get but why not try and get 2-3 Voyles? So frustrating because it's not that Danny can't get it done, but he just refuses to take the steps to make it happen.

DD biggest problem is that he isn't a recruiter and that is over 70% of the job of being a college coach. I have wonder if DD evens knows what is Division I talent is based on his recruiting or that he just signs players that will come to MU that no other school thinks can play D1? He has gotten some decent players, but overall most of his recruits are not D1 material. This last recruiting period has shown how weak he is as a recruiter. He spent almost his entire coaching career as a high school coach so he never had to recruit.

I remember when someone asked Sonny on his call in radio show when he would start winning. Sonny answered you can't make chicken salad without the chicken. DD needs some chicken.
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 12:21:09 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, wlf, scope58, herdorbust2

Offline MUonium

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2023, 02:52:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it's easy to imagine DD won't deviate from his ideology/style but will he adjust if his players can't execute?  is there a plan B?

if/when the run and gun fails, the half-court "active ball" better damn well be consistently and accurately active.  i don't expect D to be much different than previous years- decent once in a while but otherwise not really a factor.  so the O better find and hit shots quickly, per design, and with a few O rebounds for second chances.

who's going to be the breakout player/s, if any?  that question includes the newcomers as well as returners.  i hope for one or two positive surprises.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2023, 03:38:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish I could have a positive outlook for this coming basketball season. I'm just not seeing where we have improved from last year. Perimeter defense has never been something enforced by the coaching staff, at least in games it looks that way. The offense took a hit with Tavion finishing his career and Taylor bolting to another school. Maybe McKey will be a big factor in the season. Don't really know since we haven't seen a whole lot of game action from him due to injury. I think we will be hard pressed to win half our games this year. I really hope I am wrong.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2023, 03:38:22 PM »