Author Topic: Looks like DD is still looking in the portal.  (Read 4874 times)

Offline scope58

Re: Looks like DD is still looking in the portal.
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2023, 04:17:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish I could have a positive outlook for this coming basketball season. I'm just not seeing where we have improved from last year. Perimeter defense has never been something enforced by the coaching staff, at least in games it looks that way. The offense took a hit with Tavion finishing his career and Taylor bolting to another school. Maybe McKey will be a big factor in the season. Don't really know since we haven't seen a whole lot of game action from him due to injury. I think we will be hard pressed to win half our games this year. I really hope I am wrong.
    [/quote Mckey is just not a shooter, nor Touesant, nor Goran, nor Obinna. I don?t think Martin has taken many 3 pointers as well. Fricks is a question mark. Defense is a joke. Its just not important . . I don?t even see a 6 th place finish. See them around 7th, if they play well.I hope they prove me wrong.Don?t see any toughness on this team.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 04:18:55 PM by scope58 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2023, 04:17:00 PM »

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2023, 06:49:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need Nutter, Braun and Crawford to be able to play some minutes. At least play strong perimeter defense. We could go from top 4 to bottom 4 in the Sunbelt.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Offline coalherd

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2023, 01:22:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, think back.  Nearly a decade ago, the big question when D'Antoni was hired at MU in D1 basketball circles, the media, etc., was about his ability to recruit the type and quality of players he would need.  Now, almost a decade later, Danny obviously is still participating in what is probably one of the longest "on the job training periods" in major college basketball!!

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2023, 08:09:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, think back.  Nearly a decade ago, the big question when D'Antoni was hired at MU in D1 basketball circles, the media, etc., was about his ability to recruit the type and quality of players he would need.  Now, almost a decade later, Danny obviously is still participating in what is probably one of the longest "on the job training periods" in major college basketball!!
    To say stuff like this and completely ignore any of the successes removes all credibility.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, 2xBison, HerdMan84, pembrook burrows III, herd247

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #79 on: June 09, 2023, 08:35:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To say stuff like this and completely ignore any of the successes removes all credibility.

I agree

The following users thanked this post: pembrook burrows III

Offline herd2win

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2023, 08:49:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To say stuff like this and completely ignore any of the successes removes all credibility.

Not exactly as Dan has missed on many recruits during his entire tenure.  He has recruited several players over his 10 years who were not close to D1 and he currently did that this year by offering scholarships to guys who did not have any other real offers.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen, coalherd, scope58

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2023, 09:33:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    He blathers like that. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: HerdMan84, pembrook burrows III, herd247

Offline coalherd

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2023, 07:19:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not exactly as Dan has missed on many recruits during his entire tenure.  He has recruited several players over his 10 years who were not close to D1 and he currently did that this year by offering scholarships to guys who did not have any other real offers.

Herd2win, it's ridiculously easy to identify those Herd fans totally satisfied with winning a little over half of the games played and ONE championship a decade by our men's basketball team under the current "leadership"!!  Same folks, apparently, who perpetually strive for "participation ribbons"!!

Offline coalherd

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2023, 07:23:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He blathers like that. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooh, look who has once again removed his head from DD's rear end, and again doffed his toboggan!!!

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2023, 09:04:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know we?re out of scholarships right now, but I don?t think we?ve had our last addition this year.

I hope you are right as we need another guard that can create off the dribble with penetration. But I am with you...I have that same feeling.

I am just starting to think that Dan may do just fine this upcoming season. I think there will be a player from last season that breaks through and has a better than expected season. We still need that other addition.

I understand Taylor chasing more money. If he got the deal that has been rumored, then he had to take it. I just don't think he will be that successful under that coach at Mississippi State.

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2023, 10:42:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't sleep on Wyatt Fricks.  He can slash and has hops.  If he puts on a little muscle he will have a banger season. 

The following users thanked this post: wlf, mubowhunter, scope58

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2023, 11:19:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't sleep on Wyatt Fricks.  He can slash and has hops.  If he puts on a little muscle he will have a banger season.

He has potential but has to prove it. He had one good game last year at Miami O. Like Pennington once said- potential just means you haven't done it yet.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2023, 11:19:52 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2023, 12:16:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Counting on kids who have never played a minute in college or saw the floor less than 10 minutes all season is not a good thing. Jmo.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, wlf, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2023, 12:25:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He just needs to take flight from about 3 feet instead of from the foul line.  That game against Miami had me giggly about him.

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2023, 01:33:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He just needs to take flight from about 3 feet instead of from the foul line.  That game against Miami had me giggly about him.
    Yep!  He defiantly committed on that play.  I think he thought in his head he could dunk from the 3 point line until the front of the rim got in the way.  lol  His minutes was limited because of injury.  Maybe i am crazy i just think he is going to have a big year.  Will see.

Offline scope58

« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2023, 06:34:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    He needs to hit some of those 3?s . And i was hoping for more of a defensive presence from him. A few games he just looked lost. More than a few times i would see Curfman trying to guard or get a rebound, with Fricks standing out between half court and the  3 point line. They need to play D as well. I guess I?m old school. They don?t have enough shooters that they can just play on one end of the floor. I told my buddy at the start of the season that Fricks could really help them. Just gets a little out of control.Bottom line, i hope he lives in the gym, working on his shot and getting stronger.

The following users thanked this post: wlf, MUonium, herdorbust2

Offline wlf

« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2023, 09:18:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fricks needs Conner's basketball savvy.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2023, 09:29:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some people know how to play the game and some don't. Another example is Braun. He can shoot it and handles fairly well but just doesn't understand the game that well. And won't play any defense.

Offline Bigoherd

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2023, 09:43:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope Fricks lives in the weight room this off season?

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2023, 01:51:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope Fricks lives in the weight room this off season?

Does Danny allow the players to even use the weight room?

Offline 11-14-70

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2023, 11:35:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does Danny allow the players to even use the weight room?

You still looking for your bow?

The following users thanked this post: HerdMan84

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2023, 01:34:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Nope found it next to your box of mini pads.  Thanks

HerdFans.com

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2023, 01:34:19 PM »