Author Topic: So Who Leads MBB In Scoring 23-24  (Read 2800 times)

Offline FilmJunky

Re: So Who Leads MBB In Scoring 23-24
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2023, 01:41:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who leads us in scoring ? VOYLES and that is the only possible answer. He averaged 13 at MDES while only playing 21 minutes a game. I assume He's gonna be in the 32-35 MPG range like every guard Dantoni has ever had which should lead to him seeing anywhere from 16.5-18.5 a game I think, the only thing that may not let him get towards 18+ is seeing better competition than where he came from but he is going to be their leading scorer. Followed my Curfman who I expect in the 13PPG range followed by OAK and Martin both scraping up 9-11PPG. I'm not sure what Conner has to offer on the offensive end as he does not shoot the ball well or he did not last year anyways. if he gets above 8PPG we should be thrilled.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2023, 01:41:06 PM »

Offline scope58

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2023, 02:34:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who leads us in scoring ? VOYLES and that is the only possible answer. He averaged 13 at MDES while only playing 21 minutes a game. I assume He's gonna be in the 32-35 MPG range like every guard Dantoni has ever had which should lead to him seeing anywhere from 16.5-18.5 a game I think, the only thing that may not let him get towards 18+ is seeing better competition than where he came from but he is going to be their leading scorer. Followed my Curfman who I expect in the 13PPG range followed by OAK and Martin both scraping up 9-11PPG. I'm not sure what Conner has to offer on the offensive end as he does not shoot the ball well or he did not last year anyways. if he gets above 8PPG we should be thrilled.
    Maybe you better just count on Obinna to get some rebounds and block some shots. He had a hard enough time getting rebounds near the end of the season.Think he averaged about 3 a game in  the end stretch.  Connor on the other hand can shoot better than given credit for. As a sophomore you will see him improve. Obinna needs to shoot less and rebound more.. Can?t speak for Martin. Also, Connor is a better passer and ball handler than  any of the other guys on the team a the 4 position.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P, herdorbust2

Online svherd

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2023, 02:37:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe you better just count on Obinna to get some rebounds and block some shots. He had a hard enough time getting rebounds near the end of the season.Think he averaged about 3 a game in  the end stretch.  Connor on the other hand can shoot better than given credit for. As a sophomore you will see him improve. Obinna needs to shoot less and rebound more.. Can?t speak for Martin. Also, Connor is a better passer and ball handler than  any of the other guys on the team a the 4 position.

I hope we play Obinna at the 5 and Martin at the 4. I just don't think Obinna is comfortable being away from the basket. jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, scope58, herdorbust2, FilmJunky

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2023, 02:37:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like voyles better than Taylor from what film I?ve seen.

Martin is just as good if not better than Handlogten.

We are still needing one more portal player who can immediately contribute though.

Kinsey had an off year 2 years ago but played great last year. He was extremely good inside of 15'. I like Voyles also but he is not a OG and neither is Curfman. I don't care what anyone says, you need the player to mix the drink.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Offline scope58

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2023, 02:38:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope we play Obinna at the 5 and Martin at the 4. I just don't think Obinna is comfortable being away from the basket. jmo
    I agree Sv

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline HerdFan2026

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2023, 02:54:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Agreed. Our roster is in worse shape than it was 2 yrs ago when we won 12 games. We lost our 3 best players & replaced em with guys from the portal that were, at best, "contributors" (not studs or stars) on teams from crappy conferences that nobody with a better program than our's wanted. Exception of Martin, who made a lateral move here from TSU. DD waited until everyone else got what they wanted outta the portal, then we jumped in & nabbed some leftovers.
    Our roster may not be great, but it?s not so bad it?s worse than 21-22.

Goran started nearly every game and Toussaint, Saernac, and Braun all played 10+ MPG. That roster did have Kinsey and AT, but Kinsey wasn?t himself that year, and Taylor wasn?t the player he was last year, he averaged 14/5/4. Marko Saernac had the best 3% of anybody who played at least 15 games, with 37%. Kyle Braun and Mikel Beyers were the only players to shoot better than 78% from the FT line.  OAK Was the only player to get 6+ rebounds a game. Andrew Taylor led the team in steals and turnovers. Toussaint and Darius George had the best FG%.

It was straight dogshit that year, it?s not THAT bad this year.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2023, 03:26:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our roster may not be great, but it?s not so bad it?s worse than 21-22.

Goran started nearly every game and Toussaint, Saernac, and Braun all played 10+ MPG. That roster did have Kinsey and AT, but Kinsey wasn?t himself that year, and Taylor wasn?t the player he was last year, he averaged 14/5/4. Marko Saernac had the best 3% of anybody who played at least 15 games, with 37%. Kyle Braun and Mikel Beyers were the only players to shoot better than 78% from the FT line.  OAK Was the only player to get 6+ rebounds a game. Andrew Taylor led the team in steals and turnovers. Toussaint and Darius George had the best FG%.

It was straight dog%^&* that year, it?s not THAT bad this year.

I think that is to be determined yet. We have no idea how this year will turn out. We do know we lost our top 2 scorers (POY, 1st team, FOY). Hopefully it comes together but I can't imagine anyone looking at next year and be excited for a big year. Again, we are left 1-2 legit players short like every year.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2023, 03:30:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I bet Dan will lead the team in minutes spent asleep.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2023, 03:39:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Moe will be at the Cam tomorrow at 11:00 am - per a source -  that is all I know!
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, pembrook burrows III

Offline pembrook burrows III

Offline coalherd

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2023, 07:25:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NOT To WORRY. Dudes!!  2023-24 is when Marko FINALLY emerges with a Big Red "S" on his chest!!!!!

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2023, 07:53:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Moe will be at the Cam tomorrow at 11:00 am - per a source -  that is all I know!

Something doesn't add up with Moe. There are 2 theories but it's a very strange situation.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2023, 07:53:09 PM »

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2023, 11:21:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe you better just count on Obinna to get some rebounds and block some shots. He had a hard enough time getting rebounds near the end of the season.Think he averaged about 3 a game in  the end stretch.  Connor on the other hand can shoot better than given credit for. As a sophomore you will see him improve. Obinna needs to shoot less and rebound more.. Can?t speak for Martin. Also, Connor is a better passer and ball handler than  any of the other guys on the team a the 4 position.

You've got it figured out. Can't imagine Conner see's too many minutes at the 4 spot with this roster build so don't compare him to Obinna or Martin

Offline scope58

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2023, 02:33:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You've got it figured out. Can't imagine Conner see's too many minutes at the 4 spot with this roster build so don't compare him to Obinna or Martin
    Yea, i will keep quite wise guy. We were talking about points as well. But you already know what?s happening junky.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, horsrman, herdorbust2

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #39 on: June 13, 2023, 03:26:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

What's the word?

Offline scope58

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2023, 05:21:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What's the word?
    Its like pulling teeth. First they say we have a recruit coming in. Then you get no info. Just like i thought. He probably didn?t come in.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2023, 07:32:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What's the word?

Committed - getting some NIL money and will red shirt.....
    S M I L E -

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #42 on: June 13, 2023, 08:17:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Committed - getting some NIL money and will red shirt.....

I'm glad he committed

So he would be a starter according to many who have seen him play and we are redshirting him?

In this era?!?!

Smart

Go Herd.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, 2xBison

Online Tim Hensley

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2023, 08:29:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pete Moe

Offline Collis P

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2023, 08:31:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm glad he committed

So he would be a starter according to many who have seen him play and we are redshirting him?

In this era?!?!

Smart

Go Herd.

Garbanjo - I am not really sure what the thinking or strategy is?  He is a walk on and will be a red shirt!

The entire recruiting process has been a mess IMO -
    S M I L E -

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2023, 08:48:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm glad he committed

In this era?!?!

Smart

Go Herd.

That is why I said there is a couple theories and something doesn't smell right to me. If the kid is as talented as some are saying, he wouldn't be walking on and sitting out. And if he is that good then why aren't people knocking his door down and why isn't he taking that full ride? Something is wrong somewhere!!

Offline pembrook burrows III

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2023, 09:22:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2023, 09:22:28 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #47 on: June 13, 2023, 09:39:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Garbanjo - I am not really sure what the thinking or strategy is?  He is a walk on and will be a red shirt!

The entire recruiting process has been a mess IMO -

It's krazy man lol

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2023, 10:20:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i can't believe we're giving NIL $ to a kid that isn't good enough (redshirt) to crack the rotation on this roster.

look at our bench!  who's gonna be our top subs?  braun, marko, goran (i.e. our D-II talent).  we're giving NIL $ to a kid that can't compete for playing time with THAT?!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, scope58, herdorbust2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2023, 10:23:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i can't believe we're giving NIL $ to a kid that isn't good enough (redshirt) to crack the rotation on this roster.

look at our bench!  who's gonna be our top subs?  braun, marko, goran (i.e. our D-II talent).  we're giving NIL $ to a kid that can't compete for playing time with THAT?!

It truly is amazing.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MLBULL, scope58

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2023, 10:23:01 PM »