Author Topic: So Who Leads MBB In Scoring 23-24  (Read 2804 times)

Offline scope58

Re: So Who Leads MBB In Scoring 23-24
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2023, 10:36:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So are we going to have 3 walk ons ?I heard that Pruit would get a scholarship after his first year, regardless of how good he is. This is all freaking me out.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2023, 10:36:36 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2023, 10:48:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So are we going to have 3 walk ons ?I heard that Pruit would get a scholarship after his first year, regardless of how good he is. This is all freaking me out.

I agree Scope. I just don't know what kind of a program Danny is running anymore.

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2023, 11:03:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So dramatic. How about just wait until the roster is finalized and let the staff comment to see what is going on? I think it?s safe to assume the staff knows better than anyone on this message board.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, HerdMan84, horsrman, wlf, overherd1, herd247

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2023, 11:13:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So dramatic. How about just wait until the roster is finalized and let the staff comment to see what is going on? I think it?s safe to assume the staff knows better than anyone on this message board.

I'm beginning to wonder. So they are keeping 4 bench players that can't help. Now we are paying guys to walk on and redshirt behind Christian Theineman and Pruett? The program is getting more bizarre by the day not to mention every year. It's obvious to me Danny has a job as long as he wants to be here. There is Zero urgency and nobody can say there is because it's obvious by now.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Offline scope58

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2023, 11:15:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Not so sure what Dantoni and staff know at this point.But you can assume whatever you want.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdorbust2

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2023, 01:24:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline coalherd

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2023, 02:05:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guess we had better wait until all the "paperwork" is done, signed, etc., the ink is DRY, and an "official" announcement is made by MU before we can start asking, "WHO got "eased" out, "bribed" to leave", etc., etc.??

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2023, 08:34:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Garbanjo - I am not really sure what the thinking or strategy is?  He is a walk on and will be a red shirt!

The entire recruiting process has been a mess IMO -

Remember, we beat out an OVC team SIU Edwardsville for him. Yikes!

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #58 on: June 14, 2023, 09:42:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

This is great news!

So, obviously we will contend for a conference title this year

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, svherd, herdorbust2

Offline MUonium

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2023, 09:55:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • let the mojokes begin

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2023, 10:11:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Moe can bring along Larry and Curly with him, then we would be very entertaining. 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, bighat, MUonium, scope58

Offline scope58

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2023, 10:23:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Moe can bring along Larry and Curly with him, then we would be very entertaining.
    That would be entertaining

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2023, 10:23:18 AM »

Offline MUonium

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2023, 10:51:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Voyles, Curfman and Conner in no particular order.  Maybe Martin sneaks in there if he thrives in our system.

OAK may never be a breakout player- he may simply be the consummate role player.  he was 4th in FGA last year at 219 behind Taylor 607, Kinsey 500 and Curfman 296.  2nd in FG% among those with real minutes played and also 4th in PPG at almost 9, just behind Curfman at 11.5.  it's fair to say he usually gives great effort but is perceived to lack focus or seriousness or something.  he also doesn't or can't shoot the 3 which may make this a moot point.

i think if he becomes a team offensive focus and can personally focus, i would count him as sneaking in the conversation just as much as i would Martin.  a breakout year for any one or more of the players would make fans forget a troubling off-season and rebuild

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2023, 12:10:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why are we redshirting him? Some have said he was the best player on the floor when he scrimmaged. Even if they are wrong on that, it seems he would at least contribute this year.

Can someone explain why he is going to be redshirted?
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan, scope58

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2023, 12:35:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why are we redshirting him? Some have said he was the best player on the floor when he scrimmaged. Even if they are wrong on that, it seems he would at least contribute this year.

Can someone explain why he is going to be redshirted?

That is what's stunning about this. We like a guy well enough to give him money but we plan on sitting him as a walk on because we already have two walk ins? Shouldn't he dress over one of those? Even if he is willing to sit out, you would think he would want to play. I just find the recruiting strategy getting more bizarre all the time.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, herdfan129

Online luckytoes99

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2023, 01:07:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just throwing this out there but wasn?t the intention to redshirt Handlogten until he came on campus and impressed the staff? Who knows if that might just happen with Moe.

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2023, 01:41:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just throwing this out there but wasn?t the intention to redshirt Handlogten until he came on campus and impressed the staff? Who knows if that might just happen with Moe.

The difference is that Handlogten was on scholarship, whereas Moe is a walk-on and a D1 basketball team is allow 13 scholarship players and two walk-ons and the two walk-on positions are currently held by Thieneman and Pruett, so there is no room on the roster for Moe this coming season, that is why he is redshirting. 

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2023, 01:44:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My guess is that there is still some movement that will happen between now and fall classes starting, but I also prefer not to act like chicken little.  I just expect there are situations that the general public doesn't know about with Moe and some others on the roster.

The following users thanked this post: HerdMan84, horsrman

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2023, 01:57:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My guess is that there is still some movement that will happen between now and fall cl(@/:; starting, but I also prefer not to act like chicken little.  I just expect there are situations that the general public doesn't know about with Moe and some others on the roster.

We know Moe is getting money to be a walk on and can't dress because we have two walk ons that is already better than him? And we know once you sign, you can stay 4-5 years sitting the bench if you can't produce at all. That is what we know.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2023, 02:06:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Moe Money Mo' Problems

Online 2xBison

« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2023, 02:12:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• We know Moe is getting money to be a walk on and can't dress because we have two walk ons that is already better than him? And we know once you sign, you can stay 4-5 years sitting the bench if you can't produce at all. That is what we know.

getting money to be a walk on sounds fine.....sitting out or not dressing because we have other walk ons or scholly players that are not as good dressing ahead of him would be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

So, I'm going to wait and see and can't believe that we wouldn't play a guy that's ready to play.

Seems to me that we have options...make Thieneman equipment staff and he can scrimmage, or have him not dress first semester until Marko gets class....something, no way we are going to sit someone out that can play.  I won't believe it until I see it.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, pembrook burrows III, overherd1

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2023, 02:16:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Iowa City West?s Pete Moe is one of the top high school players in the state ? No. 11 in the Des Moines Register?s top 50 ? and has been for a couple seasons. So, it might come as a bit of a surprise that he?s stilled unsigned, even with his senior high school season complete and AAU basketball underway."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2022/04/14/iowa-basketball-2023-recruiting-targets-transfer-portal-football-tight-ends/7304328001/

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2023, 02:16:32 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2023, 02:26:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Iowa City West?s Pete Moe is one of the top high school players in the state ? No. 11 in the Des Moines Register?s top 50 ? and has been for a couple seasons. So, it might come as a bit of a surprise that he?s stilled unsigned, even with his senior high school season complete and AAU basketball underway."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2022/04/14/iowa-basketball-2023-recruiting-targets-transfer-portal-football-tight-ends/7304328001/

Yes doesnt this whole thing seem strange?

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2023, 02:28:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • getting money to be a walk on sounds fine.....sitting out or not dressing because we have other walk ons or scholly players that are not as good dressing ahead of him would be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of.

So, I'm going to wait and see and can't believe that we wouldn't play a guy that's ready to play.

Seems to me that we have options...make Thieneman equipment staff and he can scrimmage, or have him not dress first semester until Marko gets class....something, no way we are going to sit someone out that can play.  I won't believe it until I see it.

I agree. Surely they will not dress one of the other walk ons and let him dress.

The following users thanked this post: pembrook burrows III

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2023, 02:58:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Grade issues? NQ pays own way.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2023, 02:58:00 PM »