Author Topic: So Who Leads MBB In Scoring 23-24  (Read 2807 times)

Offline HerdMan84

Re: So Who Leads MBB In Scoring 23-24
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2023, 05:45:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Iowa City West?s Pete Moe is one of the top high school players in the state ? No. 11 in the Des Moines Register?s top 50 ? and has been for a couple seasons. So, it might come as a bit of a surprise that he?s stilled unsigned, even with his senior high school season complete and AAU basketball underway."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/high-school/recruiting/2022/04/14/iowa-basketball-2023-recruiting-targets-transfer-portal-football-tight-ends/7304328001/

Article dated April 14, 2022

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2023, 05:45:19 PM »

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2023, 06:03:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Article dated April 14, 2022

I also noticed the date on the article. Apparently Moe went to a basketball training facility after high school in Indianapolis to improve his game. I think he had an offer or some interest from Robert Morris last year as a high school senior. I am thinking herdordbust might be correct about his idea that there is something strange about the situation.  Not surprising since DD has a non traditional approach to recruiting.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2023, 06:24:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Article dated April 14, 2022

Moe reclassified to 2023.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2023, 06:54:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe "Super Recruiter" Dan, has convinced him to walk on with a promise to play a lot down the road since Coach has a roster full of players just overflowing with high level, nationally acknowledged talent in abundance at EVERY position!!

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #79 on: June 14, 2023, 06:58:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who has seen Moe play?

How good is he?

If he is a potential starter or contributor we cannot redshirt him

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2023, 07:06:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who has seen Moe play?

How good is he?

If he is a potential starter or contributor we cannot redshirt him

I watched his highlights. He looks like a typical Dan big guy... Shoots 3s and can dribble fairly well. Attacked the rim pretty well and didn't shy from contact. He seems heavier than many of our past freshman bigs. In my opinion he looked slow on tape and could struggle defensively at our level. I'm just a guy on a message board but he seemed less impressive than Fricks and Conner coming out of HS. Nobody pays me to evaluate talent though. (Although somebody should have taken my report on Rucker years ago)

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, chris88, scope58

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2023, 09:42:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I watched his highlights. He looks like a typical Dan big guy... Shoots 3s and can dribble fairly well. Attacked the rim pretty well and didn't shy from contact. He seems heavier than many of our past freshman bigs. In my opinion he looked slow on tape and could struggle defensively at our level. I'm just a guy on a message board but he seemed less impressive than Fricks and Conner coming out of HS. Nobody pays me to evaluate talent though. (Although somebody should have taken my report on Rucker years ago)

And word is he isn't a good defender at all.

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #82 on: June 14, 2023, 10:09:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I watched his highlights. He looks like a typical Dan big guy... Shoots 3s and can dribble fairly well. Attacked the rim pretty well and didn't shy from contact. He seems heavier than many of our past freshman bigs. In my opinion he looked slow on tape and could struggle defensively at our level. I'm just a guy on a message board but he seemed less impressive than Fricks and Conner coming out of HS. Nobody pays me to evaluate talent though. (Although somebody should have taken my report on Rucker years ago)

Rucker lol

Dude had the vertical of an earthworm

Worst film ever.......just terrible

D3 player

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, HoPPy785, herdfan129

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2023, 10:21:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Back to the original question. I think Voyles will lead the team in scoring. I just don't see anyone else capable. Curfman can shoot it but really can't create and get his own shot. Conner has potential to do it if he breaks out in a big way. Just don't have any creators which is going to be a problem I think.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2023, 11:58:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rucker lol

Dude had the vertical of an earthworm

Worst film ever.......just terrible

D3 player

Ummmm, pretty safe to say, Garbanjo, that we have had our share of those D3, D2, caliber of players in about the last decade at MU!!
    « Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 03:10:34 AM by coalherd »

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2023, 07:16:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only school to offer him this year was OVC member Southern Illinois Edwardsville per the below link and I guess MU. Last year coming out of high school he had offers from SIUE; Robert Morris; Stetson and Minnesota State. Not an impressive list of offers, so maybe he is a true walkon for MU?

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/pete-moe-ii

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online svherd

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2023, 08:03:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only school to offer him this year was OVC member Southern Illinois Edwardsville per the below link and I guess MU. Last year coming out of high school he had offers from SIUE; Robert Morris; Stetson and Minnesota State. Not an impressive list of offers, so maybe he is a true walkon for MU?

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/pete-moe-ii

That's a great list of offers compared to Nutter.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2023, 08:03:46 AM »

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2023, 09:17:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just don't understand recruiting a player that needs a RS year.... So we we get NIL money for him to sit a year, then next year he plays and is good the leaves or he sucks and now we've wasted 2 years on him?  I don't see the upside in it.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, svherd, MUonium

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2023, 09:50:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just don't understand recruiting a player that needs a RS year.... So we we get NIL money for him to sit a year, then next year he plays and is good the leaves or he sucks and now we've wasted 2 years on him?  I don't see the upside in it.

I agree 100%. It is a head scratcher. Why not get another portal guard like Voyles? He keeps recruiting 6'8-6'10 guys and half cant play but we have 2 guards that can play? Where is the depth at guard? I'll never understand his recruiting.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2023, 10:34:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • yeehaw another unathletic slow big man. We are going to be so thin at the guard position, but hey we have plenty of 6'7 plus that can't do anything on the bench.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Offline bighat

« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2023, 10:53:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All this thread about a guy people wanted and now that we might have him joining our squad all this trash talk.

The following users thanked this post: gtrman4herd, 2xBison, HerdMan84, horsrman

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2023, 11:16:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All this thread about a guy people wanted and now that we might have him joining our squad all this trash talk.

A team is made up of more than one guy. Stay focused!!!

Offline bearmann64

« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2023, 11:55:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly , all that was on here was how we had to get Moe, everything was about Moe. We have him and now he is the second coming of Rucker. Did anyone see Micahs film ? It was horrible, all intentions were to RS him. We see how he worked out. He worked his a$# off. How about we take the "wait and see" approach.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdMan84, horsrman

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2023, 12:14:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly , all that was on here was how we had to get Moe, everything was about Moe. We have him and now he is the second coming of Rucker. Did anyone see Micahs film ? It was horrible, all intentions were to RS him. We see how he worked out. He worked his a$# off. How about we take the "wait and see" approach.

How did it work out for Marko, Toussaint, Goran, Braun, Rucker, Sustic, Koljanin, Dozic, etc,,,?
    « Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 01:05:30 PM by herdorbust2 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, coalherd

Offline MUonium

« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2023, 12:47:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

indeed.  but you have to consider that's a dozen Herd fans out of thousands.  don't pay attn to the chafe

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, bighat, HerdMan84, horsrman

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2023, 01:47:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • we've seen the depth we have coming back.  they wear their warm-ups on the bench.  w/o a roster in front of you, you wouldn't know what # is on their jersey b/c danny doesn't think they can handle sun belt caliber competition.  & we're seeking kids to redshirt??  that's what my criticism is based on.  as far as we know, there's nothing wrong with him, medically.  so the only reason to RS the kid is b/c you don't wanna waste a year of his eligibility sitting on the bench b/c he wouldn't make the rotation.  if he can't make the rotation on THIS roster, there's a problem.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2023, 02:54:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • indeed.  but you have to consider that's a dozen Herd fans out of thousands.  don't pay attn to the chafe

Oh trust me. There is way more than a dozen!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2023, 02:54:54 PM »

Offline bighat

« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2023, 03:44:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is that the fuzzy math I hear about.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #98 on: June 15, 2023, 03:48:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is that the fuzzy math I hear about.

Denial won't help. I already know different people that isn't renewing next year. But it makes no sense because you can just feel the excitement with so much talent brought in.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P

Offline bighat

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2023, 03:53:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That'll make room for those who could not get in when we were sold out.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2023, 03:53:57 PM »