Author Topic: Men's Soccer Brazil Trip  (Read 1126 times)

Online CoachMaclid

Men's Soccer Brazil Trip
« on: June 20, 2023, 01:24:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Game 1 vs SE Palmerias U-20 squad, which is undefeated thus far in their cup competition this year. 

Our first team won the first half, 1-0.  The second team played the second half and lost the half, 0-2.

Bell had a great game.  Okiyoshi has elevated his game to another level.  Looks confirmed that Rose will be the backup GK for this season.

HerdFans.com

Men's Soccer Brazil Trip
    « on: June 20, 2023, 01:24:30 PM »

Online CoachMaclid

Re: Men's Soccer Brazil Trip
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2023, 01:25:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Game 2 starts up at 2:00 pm today as Marshall will take on the 2SV Academy.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Offline chris88

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 03:40:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks Coach!

I watched the highlights from game 1
    &ab_channel=MarshallSoccerTV

Looked like MU had a few chances to score more in first half for sure including the one that hit post. Lots of good passing from both teams. Hope to get to watch full game today and 2nd game at some point. Just in the six minute highlights Peralta looked pretty good at GK. Not sure if the players were a mix of starters and non starters as I thought I saw Garcia in there in 2nd half.

Thanks again.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 03:50:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MU 1 2SV Academy 1 - Final

Gave up the goal with a bad pass in front of the GK.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, svherd, luckytoes99

Offline svherd

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2023, 06:31:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MU 1 2SV Academy 1 - Final

Gave up the goal with a bad pass in front of the GK.

That's what worries me about us. We get a little lax on the back end and make a poor pass out that gets intercepted or a 50/50.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online CoachMaclid

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2023, 07:58:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's what worries me about us. We get a little lax on the back end and make a poor pass out that gets intercepted or a 50/50.

This particular pass was made by an incoming freshman who was wearing the green and white stripes for the first time.  He also appears to currently be 2nd/3rd on the depth chart at LB, so I bet he learned something of value during this exhibition yesterday.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, parshall2marshall, svherd, herd247

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2023, 08:28:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This particular pass was made by an incoming freshman who was wearing the green and white stripes for the first time.  He also appears to currently be 2nd/3rd on the depth chart at LB, so I bet he learned something of value during this exhibition yesterday.

Yep. That's why they play 'em. Although I think we've given up a few goals the last few years because of this. Makes me a nervous wreck. Lol!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline overherd1

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2023, 08:50:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It appears that Grassie is playing the full roster rather than trying to win at all costs.  I would imagine thats a good strategy as he is trying to learn his roster and where all the pieces fit.  This will hopefully be a successful trip regardless of the record.  Should be a good time for team building and for all the new players to get to know each other and how coach wants them to play.  All about getting ready for the regular season.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, chris88, Flat Tire 2, puma, MicDrass1, herd247

Offline luvherd

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2023, 09:12:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good they are playing everyone. Kind of like NFL preseason. Get your starters ready and evaluate the new guys.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Offline chris88

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2023, 09:12:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In first game when the other team went ahead we put  Bell and a couple other starters back in to try and equalize and we had some chances.  Garcia did not play with first team for most part.  I don't know if it is a conditioning issue or injury or both. Coastal had him coming off bench a lot last year yet he still finished tied with Bell for league lead in goals.

The starters in game #2 pretty much played entire game best I could tell but I could be wrong:

GK Rose, Pinto, Amaro, Fujita, Goddard, Alex S (tr from Qunnipiac), Holmes, Sordo, Bell, Silva, Adjetey.  Of those Alex S, Holmes, Bell, and Silva only players likely to be starting on opening night. Not sure Siedu is on trip as I have not seen him. Other internationals are not with team yet. Biggest concern for me is still not being able to finish good chances, although that seems to be an issue throughout soccer.  UK was the best team I saw last year but they still struggled to finish in final third when they had good opportunities to do so. Bell, if you recall, struggled a good bit finishing in 2nd half of last season and had some pretty good chances in first two matches yesterday. Defense can't be perfect every night. We need to score more goals. Our record when we score two+ goals since losing to Butler 9/26/2018 is 39-2-4 and 20-18-12 (if I added correctly) when we score less than 2 goals and that includes the three 1-0 wins in last 3 natl title run games and 1-0 win vs Elon last year. With so many new guys I agree this trip should be very helpful in getting a head start on tactics and chemistry. I like that we seem more active with ball with each pass having purpose and guys moving better without ball.
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 01:16:31 PM by chris88 »
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, luckytoes99, overherd1

Online CoachMaclid

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023, 01:50:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In game 2, they changed lineups at half, and started the second half with Weincierz in at GK, along with Simon, A. Aoumaich, Sekiguchi, Prescott, Sljivic, Holmes, Iusem, and three others that aren't roster listed but I believe were #16 (I. Aoumaich), #49 (Short), and #12 (Roberto).

The way I read yesterday's lineups -

Game 1 Half 1 = current starters
    Game 1 Half 2 = second string

Game 2 Half 2 = mix of starters and second string
    Game 2 Half 2 = 2 starters and third string

In game 1 vs Palmerias, Palmerias also did mass substitutions at halftime, so it appeared that both teams did starters in half 1 and reserves in half 2.  I think its optimistic that our starters played the better half against a squad that is currently 9-0-0 in their cup competition.  Their reserve squad seemed to control our reserve squad, but perhaps understandable - Grassie is only allowed to give the equivalent of 9.9 scholarships which pretty much goes to the first team - Palmerias is only reserved on how much they want to build up their academy. 
    « Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 01:55:12 PM by CoachMaclid »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, chris88, luckytoes99, overherd1, MicDrass1

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 02:16:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't realize how good Palmerias is. Defending champs in Brazil and one of the most accomplished clubs there. Their U-20 squad must be legit.

They're also nicknamed the Big Green, lol.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, elginherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023, 02:16:22 PM »

Offline wesnky

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2023, 04:05:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On what platform are you finding these games, thanks

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Offline chris88

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2023, 10:20:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't realize how good Palmerias is. Defending champs in Brazil and one of the most accomplished clubs there. Their U-20 squad must be legit.

They're also nicknamed the Big Green, lol.

Me either. They are top club in best league in Brazil. We obviously didn't play the top pro club but the undefeated U20/academy team but same organization.

Season starts in seven weeks with first exhibition game Aug13 in Ann Arbor vs Michigan. Regular season starts August 24 at home vs Oakland.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, luckytoes99

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #14 on: June 21, 2023, 11:34:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

YouTube

Just click the links above and will take you to the page

Online CoachMaclid

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2023, 09:24:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Their tour provider 2SV, is producing the games on YouTube.  I have noticed these games are unlisted - which means you have to have the link to find them. 

There are two more games in Rio - one Friday morning, and one Saturday evening.  I think we were originally supposed to play another U20 squad of CR Flamengo, but are now instead scheduled to play the U20 squad of Botafugo which is another team in Brazil Series A.  Our final game is against an academy squad made up of players from 2 different smaller clubs, Fluminense and Bahia.
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 09:27:00 AM by CoachMaclid »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, chris88, luckytoes99, overherd1

Offline chris88

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2023, 04:57:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like they did pretty good in game 3. There are highlights and pix on Instagram.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online CoachMaclid

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2023, 08:09:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looks like they did pretty good in game 3. There are highlights and pix on Instagram.

In Game 3, Marshall beat Botafogo, 3-1.  Aoumauch, Garcia-Pascual, and Bell each with a goal.

I read the trip details incorrectly- on Saturday night, the Herd ATTENDED the Fluminense vs Bahia match in Maracana Stadium, which is the national stadium of Brazil.

Today was a relaxation day on a resort, and it looks like they are done with all the soccer-ing for the trip.  Hopefully this has a huge team bonding experience and let them get their own identity as a group.  With what I saw on this trip, I think we can look forward to having the best team we've ever had this upcoming season.
    « Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 08:14:49 PM by CoachMaclid »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, parshall2marshall, svherd, chris88, luckytoes99, overherd1

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #18 on: June 25, 2023, 08:13:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In Game 3, Marshall beat Botafogo, 3-1.  Aoumauch, Garcia-Pascual, and Bell each with a goal.

I read the trip details incorrectly- on Saturday night, the Herd ATTENDED the Fluminense vs Bahia match in Maracana Stadium, which is the national stadium of Brazil.

Today was a relaxation day on a resort, and it looks like they are done with all the soccer-ing for the trip.  Hopefully this has a huge team bonding experience and let them get their own identity as a group.  With what I saw on this trip, I think we can look forward to having the best team we've ever had this upcoming season.

I'm excited about this team

Grassie has loaded a very good team (Sweet 16) with a bunch of high level talent

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, svherd, chris88

Offline chris88

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2023, 11:58:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In Game 3, Marshall beat Botafogo, 3-1.  Aoumauch, Garcia-Pascual, and Bell each with a goal.

There are highlights of them attending that pro game on instagram as well. Packed stadium and the boys seemed to really enjoy the experience. I saw online that Akron (an NCAA caliber team almost every year and a Natl Title and three runner ups on their resume) did a similar trip to Brazil in 2015.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 12:21:14 PM by chris88 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2023, 11:58:44 PM »