Author Topic: MAC/SBC Basketball Challenge  (Read 634 times)

Offline gochneaur645

MAC/SBC Basketball Challenge
« on: June 21, 2023, 03:02:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had forgotten about this until now. We're not included in the first set of matchups below that take place from November 8-11. Probably because we already have half the MAC scheduled.

SBC teams will host a MAC team on February 10th. Matchups will be determined later in the season based on NET rankings.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1671570742054354969

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Rockin Herd Fan, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

MAC/SBC Basketball Challenge
    « on: June 21, 2023, 03:02:14 PM »

Online miltonherdfan

Re: MAC/SBC Basketball Challenge
    « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2023, 05:50:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe it was herdmeister that posted when challenge was 1st announced that Danny didn't wanna participate.

I understand not wanting to play half the MAC in OOC play...but not when you have a D-II team on the schedule. ANYTHING D-I is better than a worthless D-II game (as if our SBC schedule isn't weak enough!).

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, Flat Tire 2, herdfan129, herdorbust2

Offline coalherd

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 04:07:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder how long it will be befoe MU's schedule for 23-24 is out.  With the off-shore tourney games plus the games we know because of multi-year deals, we can't have that many OOC games left to schedule.  Hopefully, MU will announce at least our full OOC schedule when complete even if the SBC portion hasn't been released by the League.

I note that Indiana just announced their schedule, including B10 games.  If the Big 10 schedule is out, then hopefully it wouldn't be hard to see if MU is playing a team from that league this coming season.  Someone indicated that MU was still looking for a road $$$ game against a "major" foe.

Online herd2win

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2023, 07:59:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder how long it will be befoe MU's schedule for 23-24 is out.  With the off-shore tourney games plus the games we know because of multi-year deals, we can't have that many OOC games left to schedule.  Hopefully, MU will announce at least our full OOC schedule when complete even if the SBC portion hasn't been released by the League.

I note that Indiana just announced their schedule, including B10 games.  If the Big 10 schedule is out, then hopefully it wouldn't be hard to see if MU is playing a team from that league this coming season.  Someone indicated that MU was still looking for a road $$$ game against a "major" foe.

Spears was waiting to confirm the Cammack and Enslow games before publishing the entire schedule.

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2023, 08:22:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Spears was waiting to confirm the Cammack and Enslow games before publishing the entire schedule.

Go Bulldogs!!!

Offline luvherd

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 03:19:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds chicken sh$t to me.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Big City

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2023, 04:36:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Meh
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2023, 04:54:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds chicken sh$t to me.

In this thread D'antoni has been criticized for playing too many MAC teams AND not playing a MAC team.  However, this is the dumbest comment based upon how many MAC teams we played last year AND WON EVERY GAME. 

Offline coalherd

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2023, 09:02:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In this thread D'antoni has been criticized for playing too many MAC teams AND not playing a MAC team.  However, this is the dumbest comment based upon how many MAC teams we played last year AND WON EVERY GAME.

Well, right off the top of my head, believe we won those MAC games at HOME last year.  Don't think Danny D. has had all that much luck winning AT Toledo, AT Akron and even up in OU's Convo since he has been the HERD HC.  In fact winning on the road has been a challenge:  just look at last season's trip to "mighty" Queens!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2023, 09:02:36 PM »