Author Topic: Taevion To The Jazz  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Taevion To The Jazz
« on: June 23, 2023, 06:42:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congratulations
    Free agent signing.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

Taevion To The Jazz
    « on: June 23, 2023, 06:42:37 AM »

Offline mubowhunter

Re: Taevion To The Jazz
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2023, 07:00:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Awesome and congratulations TK

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2023, 07:01:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Awesome.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline luvherd

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2023, 07:15:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congratulations
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 07:58:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrats to him!!!

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 08:19:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really hope he makes it because he is one of a kind. You won't find many as mature and level headed as this guy. Good luck TK and congrats!!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall

Online herd2win

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2023, 08:24:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Awesome and we know he will give it his best.

Offline ThunderCat98

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2023, 09:23:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My prediction is he makes the D-League and works his way into a roster spot in the NBA.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2023, 09:24:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • glad for him.
    he seemed to systematically work on most of his deficiencies over the last two years or so. 
    if he continues to work on the weakest parts of his game (3s, D, etc) while learning to do well whichever role he is given (nothing more, nothing less), he could earn a prolonged NBA career.
    he'll need to constantly utilize his natural vertical to full advantage, on both ends.

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2023, 10:14:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To be honest I foresee Europe in his future

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2023, 11:29:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This might sound funny since one of Kinsey's biggest weaknesses is shooting the 3, but if he can get with a good shooting coach and consistently knock down the 3, I could see him carving out a career in the NBA as a 3D type player.  For those who don't know, 3D stands for shooting the 3 and playing defense.  He already has the length and athleticism to be a really good defender.  He just needs to work on his shooting. 
    « Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 11:41:49 AM by Rockin Herd Fan »

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2023, 11:52:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I looked at the daft and I don't see his name. I am assuming he was signed as a free agent?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2023, 11:52:50 AM »

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2023, 01:09:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This might sound funny since one of Kinsey's biggest weaknesses is shooting the 3, but if he can get with a good shooting coach and consistently knock down the 3, I could see him carving out a career in the NBA as a 3D type player.  For those who don't know, 3D stands for shooting the 3 and playing defense.  He already has the length and athleticism to be a really good defender.  He just needs to work on his shooting.

With his athleticism he should?ve been sent to someone to get one on one from day one.  I don?t understand it?  Maybe money could?ve been an issue.  His game could be on a different stratosphere if properly coached to his abilities.  I?m hoping he succeeds because we?re starving for notoriety.  Rep well TK!

Offline Haveyouherd222

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2023, 01:48:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tae signed an exhibit 10 contract.   Each team gets 6 exhibit 10 contracts.   This means he will play summer league, go to training camp, and then become assigned to their G League affiliate.   Same contract Jon was on for Miami this past season.   Now, if Tae performs well enough, he could turn it into a two-way contract at some point, which guarantees him a certain number of games with the big club.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, HoPPy785, Herd2believe

Offline Haveyouherd222

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2023, 02:43:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This also means he will not be allowed to play in TBT.

The following users thanked this post: Herd2believe

Online Herdalum83

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2023, 06:05:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Idk if it means he won't be allowed to or not. An Exhibit 10 contract is basically a G-League contract. And Tons of G-League players play in the TBT. So, Idk if it means he's not allowed to, with that said however, I believe it means he won't. Because Exhibit 10 players can be called up to the main roster if they impress and they can also participate in the NBA Summer League and team training camp. For a player trying to make the main roster, it will probably be more important for Kinsey to attend training camp with the Jazz and play for them in the Summer league as opposed to playing in the TBT

Offline coalherd

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2023, 06:52:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder if there is such a thing as a "minimum" salary for someone in Tae's situation.  Undrafted Free agent with a contract and does make a G League team for the 23-24 season.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2023, 07:21:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder if there is such a thing as a "minimum" salary for someone in Tae's situation.  Undrafted Free agent with a contract and does make a G League team for the 23-24 season.

$50,000
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mu79grad, coalherd

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2023, 07:38:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kinsey signing with Utah reminded me of another Marshall star basketball player who did very well playing for a Utah professional basketball team and that team was the Utah Stars.  George Stone helped to lead the Stars to a 1970-1971 American Basketball Association title.  Here is a YouTube clip of that team with Stone being featured at the 8:38 mark.  May Taevion have as much, or more, success with his Utah team!

https://youtu.be/iR7HJOG0d5s

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, Herd2believe

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2023, 07:44:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/tjonesonthenba/status/1672124624434507777?s=46&t=B7lgNIJN91YQQ_b0EsB4GA

An Exhibit 10 contract is a one-year, minimum-salary NBA deal that allows the franchise to convert the contract to a two-way contract if that change is made before the start of the regular season.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995

Offline herdman22

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2023, 08:30:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As a long time Jazz fan (from the New Orleans days) this makes me very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Herdalum83

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2023, 10:40:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/tjonesonthenba/status/1672124624434507777?s=46&t=B7lgNIJN91YQQ_b0EsB4GA

An Exhibit 10 contract is a one-year, minimum-salary NBA deal that allows the franchise to convert the contract to a two-way contract if that change is made before the start of the regular season.

It also comes with no guaranteed money, so at any point the team can cut the player and not owe them any further payment. It's a really risk free way for teams to take a player and evaluate them for a significant period of time.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2023, 10:40:21 AM »

Offline luvherd

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2023, 11:09:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

If it was me I wouldn?t take the risk of injury. Just focus on making the NBA.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, Buffalo Bop, MicDrass1

Offline elginherd

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2023, 06:59:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • TK is a great rep for the Herd and a SoM that deserves all the praise that he has earned.

HOWEVER, if you watch a lot of NBA ball, he is not currently (and very likely won't be) good enough. The fact that he's only being offered this type of contract indicaates about where he stands in the ability pecking order...good enough to be a professional at some level, somewhere, but not good enough for the very top level basketball. It'll be a long, tough haul if & when he makes a NBA roster and sticks. Like a previous poster said, FIBA ball is gonna likely be his best option.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #24 on: June 25, 2023, 12:09:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congratulations to Kinsey, I hope he gets the league minimum salary for at least 1 year.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2023, 12:09:21 AM »