Author Topic: Marshall opens training table for all 19 sports  (Read 481 times)

Online Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Head Coach
  • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
Marshall opens training table for all 19 sports
« on: August 22, 2023, 04:31:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a great thing.

https://herdzone.com/news/2023/8/17/general-herd-fuel-brings-nutritious-dining-to-john-marshall-room

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. ? Marshall Athletics and Marshall University are teaming together to bring a healthy, on-campus dining option to Marshall's Memorial Student Center for the 2023-24 academic year.

Herd Fuel at the John Marshall Dining Room will serve as an on-campus dining opportunity to fuel healthy bodies and minds for student-athletes and all within the Marshall community.

Located upstairs in the Memorial Student Center, 'Herd Fuel at the John Marshall Room Restaurant' brings elite level nutrition by configuring a meal plan that serves as a healthy benefit for all who dine at the location.

"Providing a training table to all 19 sport programs and feeding our student-athletes breakfast and lunch four days a week was a priority for us," Marshall Director of Athletics Christian Spears said. "This goes above and beyond because it allows us to accomplish that goal while also enhancing the opportunities for all on campus. We are extremely grateful to the university, our amazing staff who facilitated the entire process and our on-campus partnership with Sodexo."       

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88, GoHerd35

HerdFans.com

Marshall opens training table for all 19 sports
    « on: August 22, 2023, 04:31:08 AM »

Online bighat

Re: Marshall opens training table for all 19 sports
    « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023, 09:45:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had a friend in high school that was from a very poor family.  They ate ketchup soup(water and ketchup).  He and I had long talks about going to college.
    He became a really good runner at high school level and was awarded a scholarship to Rio Grande.  They put him on a training table and he ended up running a sub 4 minute mile.
    He is in their Hall of Fame.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, chris88

Offline andy31

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 10:43:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff has really been pushing for this for football.  I assume this is partially a product of that persistence.  I'm glad he has prioritized things he believes will make the program better, and in this instance, benefits the whole athletic department.

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2023, 03:49:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The way I read that, it is open to all students.  If true, that is awesome.  Huge improvement to student life.  Tangible proof positive that the athletic department benefits all students and quality of living for all students.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt

Online Doing it the Herd Way

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 08:50:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The way I read that, it is open to all students.  If true, that is awesome.  Huge improvement to student life.  Tangible proof positive that the athletic department benefits all students and quality of living for all students.
    That is correct; it is open for all students and the already paid for meal plan covers at least part of the meal depending on how much each student gets.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2023, 08:50:47 PM »