Author Topic: Video On Progress of Baseball Stadium  (Read 289 times)

Offline Flat Tire 2

Video On Progress of Baseball Stadium
« on: August 24, 2023, 07:58:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Two different videos on the progress of the new MU baseball field. One video with Coach Beals and another one Jack Cook's daughter.   They are saying it will be ready for the home opener.

Marshall baseball stadium on pace to be ready for home opener

https://www.wsaz.com/2023/08/23/marshall-baseball-stadium-pace-be-ready-home-opener/
    « Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 08:02:23 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, Big City, svherd, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

Video On Progress of Baseball Stadium
    « on: August 24, 2023, 07:58:37 AM »

Offline Flat Tire 2

Re: Video On Progress of Baseball Stadium
    « Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 08:15:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nice gesture with the Jack Cook name printed on the field. They will be able to sell the naming rights to the stadium?

?This is amazing. This is something that my father dreamed of for well over 50 years. Without a doubt, he is smiling right now saying, ?I?m going to get my field, finally!? Cook said.

It will truly be his field. Upon completion, it will be known as Jack Cook Field with his name printed on the artificial turf. It?s a fitting tribute to a man beloved by so many people in the Marshall University community, including former players like Darren Woody.
    « Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 09:23:35 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, parshall2marshall, Collis P

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 09:17:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just curious, does any of the SBC teams have synthetic surface on their fields? With the lack of practice fields at MU for all sports, I can see why MU goes with synthetic fields.

Offline svherd

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 09:20:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just curious, does any of the SBC teams have synthetic surface on their fields? With the lack of practice fields at MU for all sports, I can see why MU goes with synthetic fields.
    Agree. It will cut down on maintenance costs; and with our fickle spring weather, allow more games to be played.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 09:50:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

WVU has field turf and it works fine.  I didn't look at all of the SunBelt stadia, but as far as northern schools, App State uses AstroTurf, JMU uses "desso" artificial turf and ODU has grass. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2023, 09:50:19 AM »