Author Topic: Why I think Cam Fancher is starting  (Read 1681 times)

Offline herdinphilly

Re: Why I think Cam Fancher is starting
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2023, 11:30:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They?re winning! It?s still very early. As some are amazed at other things, I?m amazed that fans who?ve watched some of the QB greats here at Marshall can say that this is good quarterback play. I hope he improves and I hope they keep winning.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2023, 11:30:59 PM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2023, 01:22:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm amazed that anyone thinks Huff and the other coaches are so bull-headed that they'd risk losing games, having a sub-standard season and put their jobs in jeopardy to avoid a QB controversy, fanbase division or to simply unite the team. 

There's a reason Cam is starting, and it can simply be put this way:  The coaches have determined that he gives them the best chance to win.  Period.

It's important to note that it is not an uncommon happening, when the coaches determine incorrectly, that the best player is playing.  For any number of reasons, the best player doesn't always play. We saw a lot of that under Doc and it happens everywhere. I do not believe Fancher is the best QB in the team, and if he is, then that reflects very poorly on the staffs recruiting.

My biggest issue, is, Mcmahon is proven at this level to be an average QB, able to put up mediocre numbers. We got a QB who hasn't even played the best teams on the schedule yet, and is trending for 8 tds and 12 INTs in the regular season. That's just bad.

But, i really, really hope we win out and have an amazing season. I just think that we are going to be exposed in a big way when we play teams with a pulse.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #27 on: September 30, 2023, 03:17:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's important to note that it is not an uncommon happening, when the coaches determine incorrectly, that the best player is playing.  For any number of reasons, the best player doesn't always play. We saw a lot of that under Doc and it happens everywhere. I do not believe Fancher is the best QB in the team, and if he is, then that reflects very poorly on the staffs recruiting.

No, no our staff knows best.  Just look at what happened when Grant Wells left.   

2 things were very clear,
    1 no qb on the roster had any experience and was ready to go
    2 The QB we went out and govt would play immediately and the season would hinge on who we chose as QB.

We searched the entire nation and came up with a plan

Henry Columbi and to not take a second transfer QB.

Based on these incredible decisions, we should never question our staff's ability to evaluate and choose a quarterback.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2023, 04:01:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No, no our staff knows best.  Just look at what happened when Grant Wells left.   

2 things were very clear,
    1 no qb on the roster had any experience and was ready to go
    2 The QB we went out and govt would play immediately and the season would hinge on who we chose as QB.

We searched the entire nation and came up with a plan

Henry Columbi and to not take a second transfer QB.

Based on these incredible decisions, we should never question our staff's ability to evaluate and choose a quarterback.
    Lol.

I just hope we win tomorrow, so i can go to NC State and be hopeful we can finally get those turds too.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2023, 07:23:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Simple solution .... let Bob Pruett pick our Qb starters and recruits. 

Offline elginherd

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2023, 08:25:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some thoughts...

As a few have stated, in the coaches' informed opinion, Fancher gives the Herd the best chance to win out of the gaggle on the other QBs. However, it might be better to say that he gives us the best chance not to lose. There's a difference.

That doesn't mean that he's very good right now as a RS soph, nor as good as he should be for his 3rd year of 'development'.

I will also say that the "Fancher is a winner" crowd doesn't realize that, to Huff's & his staff's credit, the rest of the Herd is good enough to win in spite of the QB position.

Now AFA development...as a reformed physics teacher (I had little choice on who was in my classes) I had some students who couldn't handle algebra. They weren't gonna do well no matter how much 'development' effort I spent on them.
    There's a possibility that Fancher's a guy who isn't capable of becoming even adequate as a passer regardless of how much effort is put into his improvement.
    AFA 'coaching', the issue is probably recruiting the position, not teaching the position.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2023, 09:21:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some thoughts...

As a few have stated, in the coaches' informed opinion, Fancher gives the Herd the best chance to win out of the gaggle on the other QBs. However, it might be better to say that he gives us the best chance not to lose. There's a difference.

That doesn't mean that he's very good right now as a RS soph, nor as good as he should be for his 3rd year of 'development'.

I will also say that the "Fancher is a winner" crowd doesn't realize that, to Huff's & his staff's credit, the rest of the Herd is good enough to win in spite of the QB position.

Now AFA development...as a reformed physics teacher (I had little choice on who was in my classes) I had some students who couldn't handle algebra. They weren't gonna do well no matter how much 'development' effort I spent on them.
    There's a possibility that Fancher's a guy who isn't capable of becoming even adequate as a passer regardless of how much effort is put into his improvement.
    AFA 'coaching', the issue is probably recruiting the position, not teaching the position.

Good grief we get it. Some of you don't like him and it is obvious. Everyone knows he isn't Dan Marino and we get it. But we are still 9-1 with him starting at QB. I really hate to see what is going to happen when we lose considering how a few of you pile on the kid while we are winning.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2023, 09:38:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Good grief we get it. Some of you don't like him and it is obvious. Everyone knows he isn't Dan Marino and we get it. But we are still 9-1 with him starting at QB. I really hate to see what is going to happen when we lose considering how a few of you pile on the kid while we are winning.

I just hope the posters who are constantly complaining  purchase tickets to MU games or are members of The Big Green Club.
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 10:18:10 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2023, 01:11:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I haven't read all the other posts in here, but is it complaining to think a player is not a great quarterback? Maybe he's the best QB on the roster. I don't know since I haven't seen them all. Some players you really need to see in game situations to evaluate. I hope Fancher improves. But Chad, Byron and others set the bar pretty high. I see no need to lower it, even if it's not  realistic.

Online muherd34

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2023, 02:19:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Fancher could just get to a 50-60 ranking in passing efficiency we would be very hard to beat.   Being at 100 makes him a liability, although his running has helped some.

Offline svherd

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2023, 02:47:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I haven't read all the other posts in here, but is it complaining to think a player is not a great quarterback? Maybe he's the best QB on the roster. I don't know since I haven't seen them all. Some players you really need to see in game situations to evaluate. I hope Fancher improves. But Chad, Byron and others set the bar pretty high. I see no need to lower it, even if it's not  realistic.

People complained about Leftwich, Cato, Hill, Anderson, etc. I am sure some thought Chad was crap after throwing 6 pics in his first game. Do we really think this staff is so stupid, they can't see a better QB.
    Maybe Fancher will tank against NC state and some will get their wish to see another QB.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline svherd

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2023, 02:50:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Trickett also stated he was not used to coaching left handed QBs.  I don't know if that was a factor.

If it is, he is even more incompetent than I thought. That's hilarious.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2023, 02:50:37 PM »

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2023, 02:53:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • People complained about Leftwich, Cato, Hill, Anderson, etc. I am sure some thought Chad was crap after throwing 6 pics in his first game. Do we really think this staff is so stupid, they can't see a better QB.
    Maybe Fancher will tank against NC state and some will get their wish to see another QB.

What isn't stupid is to know that there have been countless examples of players that didn't shine until they got they're chance through injury or poor performance by the guy in front of them. Do you watch sports?

And like I already said, he might be the best QB on the roster. That still doesn't make him good.
    « Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 03:00:58 PM by herdinphilly »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2023, 02:57:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What isn't stupid is to know that there have been countless examples of players that didn't shine until they got they're chance through injury or poor performance by the guy in front of them. Do you watch sports?

A few of you should apply for the job when Huff does leave. That would be my suggestion.

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2023, 03:02:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• A few of you should apply for the job when Huff does leave. That would be my suggestion.

Well as soon as he loses a couple games the majority of this board will be calling for his head, just like the past two years.

Offline svherd

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2023, 03:27:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    What isn't stupid is to know that there have been countless examples of players that didn't shine until they got they're chance through injury or poor performance by the guy in front of them. Do you watch sports?

And like I already said, he might be the best QB on the roster. That still doesn't make him good.

I am watching a bunch of games right now. Have for years. I just don't get some of you guys harping on this every week. The day he tanks and we lose is when you guys can say, I told you so.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, herdorbust2

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2023, 08:05:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I am watching a bunch of games right now. Have for years. I just don't get some of you guys harping on this every week. The day he tanks and we lose is when you guys can say, I told you so.

I?m not harping about it. Someone started a thread on the subject and I responded reasonably. I didn?t say he was garbage and a lot of stuff I?ve read on here over the years. He?s actually good at some things. It?s just that downfield passing isn?t one of them.

Offline MUther

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2023, 09:58:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sarcasm?

It's what one does when proven wrong time and time again.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #43 on: September 30, 2023, 10:43:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's what one does when proven wrong time and time again.

Tell me of all the things, I have been wrong about time and time again?

Offline whf

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2023, 01:15:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are horses for tracks, and tracks for horses.  I'm betting Fancher is the best horse for the track MU's program is currently running on (the rest of the team is his track).

Online 2xBison

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2023, 01:59:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Good grief we get it. Some of you don't like him and it is obvious. Everyone knows he isn't Dan Marino and we get it. But we are still 9-1 with him starting at QB. I really hate to see what is going to happen when we lose considering how a few of you pile on the kid while we are winning.
    First loss will be blah blah self edification posts from a handful here.  So first loss and each loss we will hear it and short of winning a championship, it will drone on and on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2023, 02:35:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OC needs to throw away the plays that never work and use more of the plays that work

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2023, 02:35:36 PM »

Offline Greg H

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2023, 06:51:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That bar is utterly ridiculous.  Two of the top 50 in NCAA history?  At Marshall?  Get a grip.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2023, 06:51:05 PM »