Author Topic: Anyone else?  (Read 335 times)

Offline herd1990

Anyone else?
« on: October 01, 2023, 02:57:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Still shell shocked from the Run D yesterday?  Didn't catch any post game comments from Huff.  Did he address the 4 TD runs of 60+?  I have to imagine opposing Offensive Coordinators are watching film and salivating.  In my 35 years + as a herd fan, I've never seen our D get gashed like that.  And I've watched us play Wisconsin, Norte Dame, the dorks up North, Pitt, Clemson, South Carolina, Kansas St, VT, Florida and others.  This was ODU!  I get one run like that can happen.  Maybe even 2.....but 4?!!!  That had to be the result of multiple things happening at once:  bad scheme, missed assignment, poor eye discipline (as Huff likes to say), and a myriad of others.  Additionally, our pass rush was the worst I've seen all season.  We are 4-0 and I'm sure glad about that.  But tell me I'm out of my mind with me thinking there is a decent chance we are 4-6 after the Nov 11 game if we don't fix some 💩 ASAP! 

The following users thanked this post: Big City, puma

HerdFans.com

Anyone else?
    « on: October 01, 2023, 02:57:51 PM »

Offline Big City

Re: Anyone else?
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 03:17:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To start, I think (and have thought) ODU is better than they get credit for. They even gave MU fits last year.

As for shell shocked, not entirely though I am surprised they were that successful that many times. Once, ok, twice, you definitely adjust or figure out a way to stop it. I'll also say this, MU missed several tackles. Make those tackles and a couple of those long scores don't happen.

It all goes back to preparation and focus. The team appeared to be sleep walking at times yesterday. Especially the first quarter and a half.

I haven't listened to the press conference or comments just yet.
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 03:57:15 PM by Big City »
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, parshall2marshall, Johns1124, puma

Offline herd1990

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 03:22:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To start, I think (and have thought) ODU is better than they get credit for. They even game MU fits last year.

As for shell shocked, not entirely though I am surprised they were that successful that many times. Once, ok, twice, you definitely adjust or figure out a way to stop it. I'll also say this, MU missed several tackles. Make those tackles and a couple of those long scores don't happen.

It all goes back to preparation and focus. The team appeared to be sleep walking at times yesterday. Especially the first quarter and a half.

I haven't listened to the press conference or comments just yet.

I've been looking for the press conference and haven't been able to find it.
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 03:33:32 PM by herd1990 »

Offline MU93

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 03:32:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A promising sign yesterday was our kids were talented enough to overcome some big adversity and questionable coaching.   Coaches make mistakes too and sometimes your players just need to play to overcome and win anyway.

They did that in spades?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd1990, herdfan129

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 03:33:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This should be fixable. We should be happy ODU discovered and exploited it which was a team we had the firepower to come back against. We also overcame three turnovers. I'd rather be 4-0 while looking bad at times than 1-3 while looking good at times.

Offline Greg H

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 06:43:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Poor focus.  Poor tackling.  Let down game for sure.  It?s a fluke.  They really didn?t have consistent success with the run.  But damn it was hard to watch.

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 06:52:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've been looking for the press conference and haven't been able to find it.

On YouTube you can subscribe to Marshall Thundering Herd @MUHerdZone for all the pressers and others content.

https://youtu.be/E0muuZBURJI?si=tmxkK81tqj2OWWcQ
    « Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 06:55:38 PM by biggreenarms »

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 06:52:32 PM »