Author Topic: Press Person Asked Coach Huff Burning Question On Minds Of Many On This Board  (Read 1042 times)

Offline mu79grad

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Finally, today, in Coach Huff's press conference, a reporter asked Coach Huff his philosophy about continuing to move the ball late in the game.  Well, coach didn't answer the question.  He pivoted to talking about how he told the press that Albany was better than the press was giving them credit for.  His answer was totally a non-answer.   

I did have to laugh when Coach Huff said that N.C. State has such a stiff defense that they would probably try to prevent the Herd from getting off the bus and he was convinced that their stout defense would even try to blitz the bus driver!

From You Tube:   
    &t=1048s

The following users thanked this post: whf, MUonium

HerdFans.com

Offline goherd24

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He did say what do you think you can do to move rhe ball late? And he said "pray" lol. Good strategy coacj

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He did say what do you think you can do to move rhe ball late? And he said "pray" lol. Good strategy coacj

Another dig at the football coach who is undefeated but basketball is going to be exciting lol!!!

The following users thanked this post: Big City, svherd

Offline goherd24

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Another dig at the football coach who is undefeated but basketball is going to be exciting lol!!!

And you support the just pray strategy? Lol. You need to drop wverything being about an agenda buddy. It's really consuming you being this anti-basketball nut job

The following users thanked this post: usedcars1, horsrman

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And you support the just pray strategy? Lol. You need to drop wverything being about an agenda buddy. It's really consuming you being this anti-basketball nut job

Where did your basketball team finish last couple years? Loss in first round of tournament to Rice and Texas St? But you still make excuses and trash Huff hahaha!!!

Offline goherd24

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Where did your basketball team finish last couple years? Loss in first round of tournament to Rice and Texas St? But you still make excuses and trash Huff hahaha!!!

It's our basketball team and like I said then, you're the only one happy about them losing. There are no excuses you clown, he has to get it done. Just like Huff and any other Herd coach. Regardless of your flip flopping awful support.

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's our basketball team and like I said then, you're the only one happy about them losing. There are no excuses you clown, he has to get it done. Just like Huff and any other Herd coach. Regardless of your flip flopping awful support.

Well how many years you going to give him lol??? Aren't you upset he can't win a conference tournament game against powerhouse Rice and Texas St?

Offline elginherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Another dig at the football coach who is undefeated but basketball is going to be exciting lol!!!

Why do you keep having to bring DD into a FB conversation?
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: MUtim

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why do you keep having to bring DD into a FB conversation?

Why do you have to bring Fancher up over and over?

Offline elginherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher plays football. DD is the HBB coach
    And thus far, is a below average college quarterback.
    DD does not play or coach football; therefore, his presence at Marshall has nothing to do with football.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher plays football. DD is the HBB coach
    And thus far, is a below average college quarterback.
    DD does not play or coach football; therefore, his presence at Marshall has nothing to do with football.

Do you still have to tell us in every post how bad Fancher is? You have said it at least 100 times so we get it that you don't like him at QB.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P, Flat Tire 2

Offline Herdalum83

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've noticed in a few interviews lately, that Huff has kind of been antagonistic with the media... Which, I don't really understand because I've never read any local media criticize him or the team.

HerdFans.com

Offline MUonium

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it's true that the press don't ask enough good questions of any of the coaches.   sure, they shouldn't grind their faces in it.  just good tough questions.  all they have to say is i don't have an answer if they don't want to answer

Offline HerdEcon

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Finally, today, in Coach Huff's press conference, a reporter asked Coach Huff his philosophy about continuing to move the ball late in the game.  Well, coach didn't answer the question.  He pivoted to talking about how he told the press that Albany was better than the press was giving them credit for.  His answer was totally a non-answer.   

I did have to laugh when Coach Huff said that N.C. State has such a stiff defense that they would probably try to prevent the Herd from getting off the bus and he was convinced that their stout defense would even try to blitz the bus driver!

From You Tube:   
    &t=1048s

The conference schedule worked out to UAlbany advantage this year.  UAlbany avoids the better teams in the CAA.  It's still early but it appears William & Mary will be the toughest conference game on the schedule this season.  UAlbany doesn't play the top ranked teams in the CAA standings thus far including Elon, Delaware, and Hampton.  UAlbany could have a good record and make the FCS playoffs just by the fact they have a favorable schedule.  I hope they win it all in FCS this year.

Offline elginherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've noticed in a few interviews lately, that Huff has kind of been antagonistic with the media... Which, I don't really understand because I've never read any local media criticize him or the team.

I see it as being both a little sardonic & a little sarcastic. It's his particular sense of humor.

Offline MUPhish

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You all clearly don't watch enough of Huff's interactions with the media. Any time they've ever asked even a remotely tough question that he would consider a critique of his coaching, he flips it and attacks the media, or he pivots and gives a non-answer with some fluff coach-speak buzz words. He has this imaginary obsession that they're constantly dogging the team in the press and never giving them a chance to win. I guess it's his own motivation? But he'll just blurt out blame to the media when they've said nothing of what he's referring to. It's weird and totally misguided. And to be clear, I don't count that ancient hack Ch*ck L*ndon as an actual media member.

Offline elginherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Do you still have to tell us in every post how bad Fancher is? You have said it at least 100 times so we get it that you don't like him at QB.

I didn't say 'bad' in this last post...I said below average.

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You all clearly don't watch enough of Huff's interactions with the media. Any time they've ever asked even a remotely tough question that he would consider a critique of his coaching, he flips it and attacks the media, or he pivots and gives a non-answer with some fluff coach-speak buzz words. He has this imaginary obsession that they're constantly dogging the team in the press and never giving them a chance to win. I guess it's his own motivation? But he'll just blurt out blame to the media when they've said nothing of what he's referring to. It's weird and totally misguided. And to be clear, I don't count that ancient hack Ch*ck L*ndon as an actual media member.

He may get calls from more than our local media asking the questions that he then resents the press for, too.  Not every interaction with the press comes from a public-viewed press conference.  He frequently pops up on national interviews that we had no idea he was doing.  I would imagine some of those get turned down because he knows or has experience with the interviewer not respecting him or the program.  I mean he was at Alabama, under the Master.  He knows how the perception game is played. 

I imagine he also thinks of our local press as kittens after dealing with press at a national championship level. 
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 02:38:22 PM by MUther »

Offline thunderingon

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Where did your basketball team finish last couple years?

"Your basketball team".  Tells me exactly what I need to know. You don't even associate yourself with a fan of Marshall's bball team, so your opinion means nothing. And admitted it on a football post. Its an unhealthy obsession and very obviously a personal agenda.

Offline mu79grad

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I generally feel like Coach Huff's pressers are very refreshing.  For the most part he doesn't spout  "Coach Speak."  However, locally he generally doesn't get tough questions.  The few he does, I would think he could give an honest answer.  I was hoping to hear him speak about his late game philosophy.  It seems to have changed from his earlier philosophy.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline DC01HERD

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Use the new clock rules to our advantage. We don't need points we need 1st downs. Three 1st downs with 6 minutes on the clock can end the game even if the opposing team has all their timeouts.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, herdfan129

Offline mu79grad

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Use the new clock rules to our advantage. We don't need points we need 1st downs. Three 1st downs with 6 minutes on the clock can end the game even if the opposing team has all their timeouts.

No disagreement here but it seems that Coach Huff wants to run the ball, ala Doc, eschewing passes, in the late game situations.  Against Virginia Tech and ODU, running the ball almost cost us the game.  I believe some fairly safe passes would effectively move the chains versus exclusively running on each down.

HerdFans.com

Offline elginherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Yep, you're correct about a few first downs.
    The problem is running the ball into the teeth of a stacked box doesn't result in first downs.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, svherd, mu79grad

HerdFans.com