Author Topic: TV Game watching for NC State  (Read 803 times)

Offline herdgrad04

TV Game watching for NC State
« on: October 04, 2023, 09:37:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It?s on the CW.  I have YouTube tv and I?m not seeing it listed.  Also, I have access to the CW app but not sure if that?s live tv or not.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    GO HERD OR GO HOME!!!

HerdFans.com

TV Game watching for NC State
    « on: October 04, 2023, 09:37:03 AM »

Offline MUsince96

Re: TV Game watching for NC State
    « Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 10:40:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It?s on the CW.  I have YouTube tv and I?m not seeing it listed.  Also, I have access to the CW app but not sure if that?s live tv or not.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Live CW on YouTube TV depends on where you live. On YTTV, search "CW" and go to their main page. If you don't see a "live" option you don't have it.

ACC games don't stream live on the CW app.

Your only other option is to try an antenna and see if you can pick it up "Over The Air"

If that doesn't work you'll have to watch at a restaurant that has cable or satellite. I have YouTube TV as well so that's what I have to do.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 10:45:19 AM by MUsince96 »

Offline whf

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 12:23:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Posted this on another (the wrong) thread; the CW is 12.2 on digital television here in the greater Cincinnati area.

Offline Grazing Marco

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 12:29:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We hooked up an antenna and CW comes in clear here in East Pea Ridge.

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 01:07:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Channel 31.1 over the air here in Charleston. Get an indoor antenna with a really long cable and keep scanning channels with the antenna in different locations until the channel scan picks it up. You might even have to try putting the antenna out a window, but I am able to pick it up here after some experimentation.

Correction: 30.1, not 31.1.
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 07:34:29 AM by CharlestonHerdGuy »

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 07:21:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Channel 31.1 over the air here in Charleston. Get an indoor antenna with a really long cable and keep scanning channels with the antenna in different locations until the channel scan picks it up. You might even have to try putting the antenna out a window, but I am able to pick it up here after some experimentation.

Put some aluminum foil on it

The following users thanked this post: CharlestonHerdGuy

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 11:15:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is ridiculous. No wonder FSU and Clemson want to leave the ACC.

Thank God for the SBC deal with ESPN.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 11:48:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Agreed.

Offline chezdog30

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #8 on: October 05, 2023, 11:37:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So it looks like if you have Youtube TV, you have no way of watching it? I have searched for an antenna that uses HDMI hookups and still cant find one

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2023, 12:08:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So it looks like if you have Youtube TV, you have no way of watching it? I have searched for an antenna that uses HDMI hookups and still cant find one

Depends on your area. YTTV has CW in some areas. If you're in the Charleston-Huntington metro area and your antenna won't pick it up then no.

Only option is to go to a friend's house or bar with cable, satellite, Hulu Live or better antenna reception.

Frustrating but it's the ACC's deal and I have the one service in the area that doesn't have CW. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 12:26:55 PM by MUsince96 »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2023, 12:33:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I believe that every TV sold in the US has coaxial port.
    You're not going to find an antenna that directly connects to a HDMI port. There would have to be a device to convert the radio frequencies into a signal that an HDMI port would recognize.

There are a couple of devices that connect to antenna and then will play on a streaming device or some smart TVS.  I have a AirTV from Sling that works, but is clunky to use.
    Tablo makes one that gets much better reviews.

The situation on the pay TV subscriptions is not unique to CW. OTA, CW is nearly as available as NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox... pretty ubiquitous where an OTA signal from the broadcast tower can be received.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline robowski

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2023, 12:40:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any one know if its available on DISH?   what app could i download to stream it?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2023, 12:40:05 PM »

Offline HerdIN

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2023, 01:08:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To stream the CW, just sign up for a free trial of Hulu Live TV on your smart TV, ROKU, Firestick, or other streaming devices including your computer.

The following users thanked this post: elginherd, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2023, 01:55:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To stream the CW, just sign up for a free trial of Hulu Live TV on your smart TV, ROKU, Firestick, or other streaming devices including your computer.

This will for sure work, regardless of location?
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2023, 02:00:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This will for sure work, regardless of location?

I don?t think it will, but someone let us know if they try it and it does.

Online herdfan93

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2023, 02:17:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's the latest from HULU... the CW is included. 

https://www.tvguide.com/news/hulu-channels

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2023, 02:17:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here me now and think about this sometimes

If I cannot get this in HD

THEN BJS IS OUT

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2023, 02:39:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Suppose TV doesn?t show it as being on Hulu in this area, but it could be wrong. It?s even on YouTube tv in other areas. Just not here. If someone tries Hulu in this area though and the CW is available, I?m sure a lot of us would like the confirmation before trying.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2023, 03:36:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This will for sure work, regardless of location?

I'm not sure about it.
    There's quite a lot of tusseling between the corporations that own local stations and the pay TV services.
    I'd contact Hulu to be sure.
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 06:24:30 PM by elginherd »

Offline whf

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2023, 05:46:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Haven't read the entire string, but the relationship with the CW and Hulu is via Hulu Live TV, not the Hulu app; which isn't live TV.  And you have to have the tier that includes the CW channel on the Live  TV contract.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2023, 06:01:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • $10 or a few more bucks.  Amazon.  or go to your favorite store who sells indoor antennas (walmart, target, electronics store?).  if it works, great!  if not send/take it back.  if it works, use it and then you can STILL take it back!

BUT FIRST, try a simple youtube build that requires only stuff laying around your home!

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2023, 10:14:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One of these should do the trick:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VDT3391?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/best-buy-essentials-thin-indoor-hdtv-antenna-35-mile-range-black-white/6454218.p?skuId=6454218

I would get some extra coax cable and a male to male adapter to make sure you have plenty of cable length and then just keep doing channel scans with the antenna in different locations until it recognizes channel 30.1 in the Huntington/Charleston area. Your best chance is on the top floor of your dwelling. Try setting the antenna on the floor, any furniture, high up on the wall stuck with painter's tape, or even try hanging it out a window if nothing else works.

I live in Charleston and the transmitter is just north of I64 between Milton and Barboursville. I can pick it up on both of the tv's that I've tried. An antenna is a great thing to keep around for when the cable and Internet goes out. A lot of people recommend setting the antenna next to a window or even hanging it on a window. In my experience though, the best location could be anywhere.
    « Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 06:37:09 AM by CharlestonHerdGuy »

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2023, 10:14:28 PM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2023, 10:41:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One of these should do the trick:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VDT3391?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/best-buy-essentials-thin-indoor-hdtv-antenna-35-mile-range-black-white/6454218.p?skuId=6454218

I would get some extra coax cable and a female to female adapter to make sure you have plenty of cable length and then just keep doing channel scans with the antenna in different locations until it recognizes channel 30.1 in the Huntington/Charleston area. Your best chance is on the top floor of your dwelling. Try setting the antenna on the floor, any furniture, high up on the wall stuck with painter's tape, or even try hanging it out a window if nothing else works.

I live in Charleston and the transmitter is just north of I64 between Milton and Barboursville. I can pick it up on both of the tv's that I've tried. An antenna is a great thing to keep around for when the cable and Internet goes out. A lot of people recommend setting the antenna next to a window or even hanging it on a window. In my experience though, the best location could be anywhere.

Best thing is to have an outside antenna. But you're correct about having an antenna though...in an emergency radio doesn't do a good job keeping us informed these days. Lots more info via TV. We were glad that I had previously installed a good antenna when the ice
    storm hit.

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2023, 11:39:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wife likes some CW shows.  Not available here via Directv Stream.  Got this thing called a Tablo for $99.  Hook it up to an Antenna I put in the Attic and we get 49 channels (North Myrtle Beach/Wilmington area) including 2 CWs, 2 ABCs, and a load more with full recording capability for series or individual shows.  Recording the game on Sat in case I am busy for the start.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline elginherd

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2023, 07:54:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It's the money.

FWIW, more homes have access to CW than to ESPN.
    The complaints you have could possibly be the case with NBC, ABC or Fox, depending on the corp that owns the stations.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2023, 07:54:32 AM »